Suggest an accounting Package

shrek

Disciple
Looking for an accounting software. Want to implement it for a wholesale footwear business with multiple warehouses. Must haves
  • Inventory management system
  • facilities for raising a purchase order and receiving stock against it
  • Quotations
That's all I think for now. Looking for your suggestions.
Cheers

Easy for Indian Accounting, Income Tax Dept - Tally ERP 9.
Quick Books is a US based, but very easy like any Windows based software.

I would recommend Tally since u have more takers and also most accounts staff familiar with it. Also u can get staff easier, even if they leave organisation.

Easy for Indian Accounting, Income Tax Dept - Tally ERP 9.
Quick Books is a US based, but very easy like any Windows based software.

I would recommend Tally since u have more takers and also most accounts staff familiar with it. Also u can get staff easier, even if they leave organisation.
Even the Auditors and Income tax guys are happy with it.

Multiple warehouses with accounting done at multiple locations and syncing at main location, means multiple PC with a lot of configurations work done by Tally people. Also you need to have internet connection too. Should cost you about 25k+ for tally installation minimum and extra for configurations at multiple places to sync with the main Installations. Also they help in coaching for extra. Contact you nearest Tally for more help.

Multiple warehouses with centralized accounting with individual books, means several single user versions each costing 8k+.

Am not sure that these are current rates though.

The only reason to go for Tally would be for filing your returns.
If you don't need to do that then you could use an open-source ERP+sales program. Install it on a server online, and get your sales departments and warehouses to use it to update inventory and sales.
Have a look at Drupal Commerce or Ubercart.

The only reason to go for Tally would be for filing your returns.
If you don't need to do that then you could use an open-source ERP+sales program. Install it on a server online, and get your sales departments and warehouses to use it to update inventory and sales.
Have a look at Drupal Commerce or Ubercart.

Can I use these two software packages to keep a track of my personal expenses? Or would you recommend something else?

If possible something that can be on a BB as well as Android and Windows PC with sync across all?

Thank you. I really liked SugarCRM
Could you share your view ?

It looks very impressive and it's got mobile apps available as well, which is a big plus in my book. Give it a spin, and see if it suits your needs, and is easy to use.
If you're going for the community edition, see how active and helpful the community is before you commit. And if you're able to migrate your data out easily.

It's a really good find. Test it, and please share your views once you've spent a few days with it.

If you want to install it online you can create an account here and get free cloud hosting : openshift.redhat.com/

That way you could make an account for me in your demo install, and let me try it out as well! ;)

Back