Suggest an android for under 15K

raksrules

Elite
My brother who broke his ZTE Blade is behind me on getting a new android phone. Here are my requirements...

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 15K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Touchscreen

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No..but will not prefer chinese brands

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required but nothing specific

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G / Wifi / EDGE

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Normal phone usage like phone / SMS, casual gaming, Internet on mobile over EDGE mostly, may use phone as wifi hotspot

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Nothing specific

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: No considerations... But DO NOT want ZTE Blade / Dell XCD35

PS: I am in US But i want to buy the phone for him from an Indian website only with Indian warranty so suggest from India only.

manu1991 said:
Increase budget by 0.5-1k. Sony Ericsson Neo V

I see it is available on flipkart for 18K. Anywhere else we can get it for cheap. But i am open to more options.

Btw is Neo a good phone ? I have no idea about how good is the current crop of android devices.

Also for starters, the phone will be used with its own stock ROM as my brother does not know anything about ROM installation.

raksrules said:
Why is the Neo V available with only Dealer / seller warranty on ebay ?? Anything Fishy ??

Dealer/Seller warranty would mean its imported. Sony does not have international warranty.

if you need local warranty, then you can see SE Xperia Mini Pro ~ 15.8k (3" Screen but full qwerty keyboard) or Motorola Defy(if you can find one).

Why dont you go for HTC Wildfire S , it posses almost all specifications as per requirement. The phone is retailing at Rs.13,200 something around and will be 2k lighter on your pocket too :)

Motorola Defy: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

HTC Explorer (Pico) A310e| HTC Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

Actually the Explorer is the best ~10k phone now since its processor is actually a Cortex A5 with ARMv7 support(flash) MSM7227A type unlike the other MSM7227 ones.

Also it has a enhanced Adreno 200 GPU, (higher clocked may be) that offers much better performance. In addition the Sense UI 3.5 is gorgeous.

Performance wise it is much better than the LG Net, Wildfire S, Ace etc... Though the mini with a MSM8255(Adreno 205) offers better performance.

HTC Explorer review: The start of a journey - GSMArena.com

HTC Explorer review: The start of a journey - GSMArena.com

dude i hav a xperia neo v one week old ..if u are interested lemme know .. it will cost 15k shipped ..its insured too .. got for 18k locally for my sister. . she is not comfortable with android .. so selling it off .. no lowballing on any cost .. 15k shipped .. il give one platinum case with it too .. cost me 300 and its insured too

Explorer has fixed focus camera.
Mini has great price/specs but too mini.
Defy is hard to find.
Neo V is great but price fluctuates.

LG Optimus Sol (16K) has same specs as NeoV but with a much more battery (1540mAh) saving AMOLED display. Community support nil atm but expected.

Hi raksrules

Here are some best suggestion which will be suited in your budget and demands--

HTC Wildfire S

Samsung Galaxy Ace

Motorola Defy

Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro

Here best mobile would be Samsung Galaxy Ace.

I see in this thread as well as elsewhere that they are suggesting defy as a good phone under 15K. But they mention that its availability is scarce. Is it so ??

As of now, i am able to see that it is there on flipkart.

What other options does one have to buy the defy and what is the cost now ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Tell me folks...

Spending 14.5 K on the defy (old one) Vs spending 15.5 K on the Xperia Neo V

Which option sounds better ??

Also can anyone clarify my main doubt regarding the xperia neo V. Why is it is available for like 18K on all usual websites like flipkart etc while the same is available on ebay.in for 15.5 K (seller shabbeerhf1 or itplaza2011 ??) and mostly with dealer warranty (should the buyer be worried ??)

And mostly importantly, is it a VFM phone in the said price range ?

Which is the place to get the neo at most reasonable price ? Ebay.in ??Sulekha ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, will the 320 MB internal memory of the Neo V pose any issues. I guess it comes with a 2GB MicroSD which is Ok for basic use for my brother. As per need we will take a higher capacity card.

Obviously if its dealer warranty then its pretty much similar to no warranty. Thats why the price is low. Its a grey market piece. Better to spend ~2k more and get one with proper manufacturer warranty.

Check out the sulekha thread. It seem they mostly take awfully long to ship the phones (2-3 weeks!)

Defy's availability is scarce since it has been replaced by Defy+ and these are the last stocks of Defy left.

^^ that's very true.. i was getting good price on ebay.. but for a high priced phone its better to get a proper warranty for peace of mind. i bought one from a local store for 17.8k

and in ebay if you can see those which are selling with mfg. warranty are more than 19k!

Back