Audio Suggest an IEM under 4000.

DrkLord

Adept
Hello everyone, I'm looking for good balanced IEMs under 4000.
Desirables : durability, good connector, balanced sound.
Thanks in Advance.

Get the BLON BL03. Comes under 2.5K and is already a gem. Fantastic inoffensive sound signature, 2-pin cables, aluminium casings and overall just a beautiful package.

Apart from the BLON, you can go ahead with the Fiio FH1S, if you can spend upto 6K INR.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have been looking up some iem related discussions and blon bl03 is everywhere. Do you also know how they'll fare against the tin t2 and kz zs10?

Thanks for the suggestion! I have been looking up some iem related discussions and blon bl03 is everywhere. Do you also know how they'll fare against the tin t2 and kz zs10?
The BLON beats out the T2. The T2 is almost like a 2 or 3 year old IEM at this point.

The T2 Pro succeeded the T2. But, it was very underwhelming.

The T2 Plus however is a good one and I can suggest. It comes around 4K INR and has great sound signature. However, do keep in mind about Tin's quality assurance issues. So, make sure you buy one with a warranty or return policy.

Regarding the KZ, I wouldn't suggest one bit. The problem with KZ IEMs is that - they are great in terms of specs (like triple, quad, hexa drivers and all) but poor in terms of implementation. They don't tune their drivers well. And then there's the poor cables and eartips that they provide with their IEMs.

The BLON beats out the T2. The T2 is almost like a 2 or 3 year old IEM at this point.

The T2 Pro succeeded the T2. But, it was very underwhelming.

The T2 Plus however is a good one and I can suggest. It comes around 4K INR and has great sound signature.

Regarding the KZ, I wouldn't suggest one bit.
I beg to disagree on one point, the age of T2 and sound quality. I have three variants of T2 ( the original one, plus and Pro)
Sonically they are VERY CLOSE. Almost indistinguishable. The T2 Pro has a smoother treble ( similar to what Campfire audio does) so badly mastered music sound decent.
But this very approach makes Campfire IEMs unusable for production ( or even mix checking)
T2 plus is practically same as T2 with a different housing ( which doesn't improve isolation in any way) and a lot of eartips.
I cannot justify the price difference from the original T2.
bl03s are awesome ( but with the right tips ONLY) My only issue is the uncontrolled lower frequencies ( but that's personal preference, many would love this)
It's a very refined sounding IEM. Absolutely splendid for the price. But it's extremely energetic and difficult to sleep with.
And yes, I completely agree with you regarding KZs.
Another iem to consider at this price point is Sennheiser IE40 Pro. Perfect for stage use, very understated, fairly detailed, above average isolation and practically weightless!!

You will be very happy with the bl03s, they are indeed exceptional with proper eartips.
Don't give up if they don't please you initially...try to get a good seal with different eartips.
It's possibly the most seal sensitive IEM I've come across. And trust me mate, I've tried A LOT.
Basically you need tips with a long nozzle..as the stem of the IEM is very small. IMG_20210125_194622.jpgIMG_20210125_194453.jpg
Thanks man. Sennheiser IE40 Pro are way over budget for me. Lol.
Watch out for discounts. I've seen the clear ones( really cheap looking, but who cares?) go really low ( less than 60 EUR) from time to time.
Enjoy the bl03s for now mate, they are truly incredible ( I have 500 EUR IEMs which sound less refined, I'm pretty sure people who are not liking it, are not getting a good seal..it's certainly tuned in a very enjoyable way with abundance of lower frequencies, not at all dry, thin sounding...it's a typical consumer pleasing sound without slow midbass bloat, rolled off highs or recessed mids. Detail retrieval is excellent with very decent soundstage for an IEM)
Feed them with a semi- decent source ( my source is just a phone these days) and enjoy!!
The only things IE40 does better are isolation, slightly less bass emphasis ( and comes with a MUCH better cable and eartips)
Sorry for the long post...I'm really passionate about quality audio. Will be glad to help anyone with audio gears with my limited (but first hand) experience

Last edited:
First of all thanks for sharing your time and words. I am looking for some good sources for driving the ATH M50x, as right now I just drive them using the sound card on my system's motherboard or using my phone. Do you have any good recommendations for budget or beginner DACs or amplifiers? Again, thanks for your time and words.

I use my M50X without DAC or amplifier.
Probably could use one. But right now using my iPod touch and Asus ZenBook Duo with it. Seems adequate to me.

First of all thanks for sharing your time and words. I am looking for some good sources for driving the ATH M50x, as right now I just drive them using the sound card on my system's motherboard or using my phone. Do you have any good recommendations for budget or beginner DACs or amplifiers? Again, thanks for your time and words.
The iFi HIP DAC can be great starting point. Comes in around 12K INR (available on Headphone Zone).

The HIP DAC can be used with both your phone as well as computer, since it has an in-built battery. Has both 3.5MM normal and 4.4MM balanced outputs, making it extremely futureproof.

Hip DAC is possibly a very good option. But my experience with portable amp is very limited.
If you want just an external portable amp Topping NX1S is pretty good ( used it..the NX1 for few years)
However M50X is pretty easy to drive and it doesn't upscale very well with desktop amps ( I haven't used M50X recently, everything from notoriously bad audio memory)

If possible, try Topping NX4/ NX4S. I had the older NX4 long time ago, it could drive almost anything including the alpha dogs ( basically Fostex T50RP), it was basically the second most difficult cans to drive I ever had ( except the 600 ohm awesome DT880).
Since those alpha dogs are closed back and isolates pretty well I used to travel with them in the airplanes till 2016 ( had no idea about ANC headphones back then.
Met a Belgian audiophile in some airport, he was laughing uncontrollably and introduced me to QC15!!

Passive isolation is possibly similar. But the general clarity and sense of space is lot more in M50X compared to XM4.
QC35 is a good can IMHO, very comfortable ( can wear for the whole day, however sound quality is very average, but slightly more natural than XM4....don't know why, I just can't stand the congested sound of XM4, it produces a lump of sound...if it makes any sense...I'm ok with narrow sounding headphones like hd25, but it's(HD25) very very clear with superb seperation of instruments within a closed in stage, XM4 sounds very different, the mid bass for me destroys it completely, I played with EQ settings for days, could never like them...really tried.
PXC 550 IIs are the only ANC cans I can use now which has somewhat natural timbre for my ears, the QC35 has a very inoffensive sound but I don't have them with me now.

Last edited:
Back