Audio Suggest an IEM under 4000.

You will be very happy with the bl03s, they are indeed exceptional with proper eartips.
Don't give up if they don't please you initially...try to get a good seal with different eartips.
It's possibly the most seal sensitive IEM I've come across. And trust me mate, I've tried A LOT.
Basically you need tips with a long nozzle..as the stem of the IEM is very small.View attachment 99217View attachment 99218

Watch out for discounts. I've seen the clear ones( really cheap looking, but who cares?) go really low ( less than 60 EUR) from time to time.
Enjoy the bl03s for now mate, they are truly incredible ( I have 500 EUR IEMs which sound less refined, I'm pretty sure people who are not liking it, are not getting a good seal..it's certainly tuned in a very enjoyable way with abundance of lower frequencies, not at all dry, thin sounding...it's a typical consumer pleasing sound without slow midbass bloat, rolled off highs or recessed mids. Detail retrieval is excellent with very decent soundstage for an IEM)
Feed them with a semi- decent source ( my source is just a phone these days) and enjoy!!
The only things IE40 does better are isolation, slightly less bass emphasis ( and comes with a MUCH better cable and eartips)
Sorry for the long post...I'm really passionate about quality audio. Will be glad to help anyone with audio gears with my limited (but first hand) experience
What tip options do we have in India? Can you recommend some? Thx :)
PS: For the BLON03 obviously.

I'm not sure of the brand mate..I collected hundreds over the years, the image I posted above probably came with some Sennheiser's IE series ( either 40 or 400)..they sound fantastic for my ears. I tried to make a DIY one with a strange tip that used to come with IE80 and a normal single flange tip. But I lost one of those weird one, and ended up using these Sennheiser newer tips.
bl03 is still a mystery to me, it sounds horrible with the triple flanges ( come with Etys and they fit my ears perfectly with all IEMs) but absolutely stellar with these normal single flange ones.. something this cheap shouldn't sound this good... honestly I've never heard anything like this even with IEMs costing 10-20 times more!!
Of course there are absolutely spectacular IEMs and I have few of them with TOTL tuning, amazing cables etc.but they cost well above 500 USD/EUR.
But this kind of tuning in a sub 50 bucks IEM is outstanding in my limited experience. T2 is great, but lacks the magical energy of bl03. About a month back with that Frankenstein tip, thought it just can't sound any better, but I was wrong, with these tips they definitely sound better.
I'm not trying to hype these any more, but they keep getting better and better!!

Last edited:
You will be very happy with the bl03s, they are indeed exceptional with proper eartips.
Don't give up if they don't please you initially...try to get a good seal with different eartips.
It's possibly the most seal sensitive IEM I've come across. And trust me mate, I've tried A LOT.
Basically you need tips with a long nozzle..as the stem of the IEM is very small.View attachment 99217View attachment 99218

Watch out for discounts. I've seen the clear ones( really cheap looking, but who cares?) go really low ( less than 60 EUR) from time to time.
Enjoy the bl03s for now mate, they are truly incredible ( I have 500 EUR IEMs which sound less refined, I'm pretty sure people who are not liking it, are not getting a good seal..it's certainly tuned in a very enjoyable way with abundance of lower frequencies, not at all dry, thin sounding...it's a typical consumer pleasing sound without slow midbass bloat, rolled off highs or recessed mids. Detail retrieval is excellent with very decent soundstage for an IEM)
Feed them with a semi- decent source ( my source is just a phone these days) and enjoy!!
The only things IE40 does better are isolation, slightly less bass emphasis ( and comes with a MUCH better cable and eartips)
Sorry for the long post...I'm really passionate about quality audio. Will be glad to help anyone with audio gears with my limited (but first hand) experience
I just tested the blons with my phone and so far they sound good. Not very mind blowing in comparison to the sennheiser cx180s(i know they are very very cheap, but they do sound good). I will try the blons with different ear tips, though.

I'm not sure of the brand mate..I collected hundreds over the years, the image I posted above probably came with some Sennheiser's IE series ( either 40 or 400)..they sound fantastic for me. I tried to make a DIY one with a strange tip that used to come with IE80 and a normal single flange tip. But I lost one of those weird one, and ended up using these Sennheiser newer tips.
bl03 is still a mystery to me, it sounds horrible with the triple flanges ( come with Etys and they fit my ears perfectly with all IEMs) but absolutely stellar with these normal single flange ones.. something this cheap shouldn't sound this good... honestly I've never heard anything like this even with IEMs costing 10-20 times more!!
Of course there are absolutely spectacular IEMs and I have few of them with TOTL tuning, amazing cables etc.but they cost well above 500 USD/EUR.
But this kind of tuning in a sub 50 bucks IEM is outstanding in my limited experience. T2 is great, but lacks the magical energy of bl03. About a month back with that Frankenstein tip, thought it just can't sound any better, but I was wrong, with these tips they definitely sound better.
I'm not trying to hype these any more, but they keep getting better and better!!
I just tested them and they do sound good. I will have to test them with different ear tips. I will try to get some with long stems, also.

The iFi HIP DAC can be great starting point. Comes in around 12K INR (available on Headphone Zone).

The HIP DAC can be used with both your phone as well as computer, since it has an in-built battery. Has both 3.5MM normal and 4.4MM balanced outputs, making it extremely futureproof.
I will remember these dacs when I scrape up enough to get a decent dac. I do have a Fiio uBtr, though it is just a bluetooth converter and the performance of the M50x significantly drops with them.

Please don't give up so early. Buy some eartips with long stems. They sound considerably better than Sennheiser's entry level IEMs for sure. It took me 4 months to find the perfect tips.

Please don't give up so early. Buy some eartips with long stems. They sound considerably better than Sennheiser's entry level IEMs for sure. It took me 4 months to find the perfect tips.
I surely will try to get eartips with long stems.

Edit: I searched and some people are recommending Final Audio Type E ear tips but no site in India seems to be selling them.

I just tested the blons with my phone and so far they sound good. Not very mind blowing in comparison to the sennheiser cx180s(i know they are very very cheap, but they do sound good). I will try the blons with different ear tips, though.

I just tested them and they do sound good. I will have to test them with different ear tips. I will try to get some with long stems, also.

I will remember these dacs when I scrape up enough to get a decent dac. I do have a Fiio uBtr, though it is just a bluetooth converter and the performance of the M50x significantly drops with them.
Listen to some FLACs for few hours .. maybe from a desktop or a good DAC not phone.
I'm not sure of the brand mate..I collected hundreds over the years, the image I posted above probably came with some Sennheiser's IE series ( either 40 or 400)..they sound fantastic for my ears. I tried to make a DIY one with a strange tip that used to come with IE80 and a normal single flange tip. But I lost one of those weird one, and ended up using these Sennheiser newer tips.
Well for now I am very happy with the stock tips lol. Will dig good tips in the future. Honestly since WFH I usually use speakers.

Have been using the blons for some time now and they are very pleasing. Music is very enjoyable. I just wish the cables were less tangly and the shape was less weired. I get a decent seal after I experimented with some tips. However it still isn't perfect.

I am planning to buy another iem in the same budget for my evening walks. Blons don't stick well during walks. Has anyone tried the soundmagic e11? Thats the only one in the same range that I could find.

Have been using the blons for some time now and they are very pleasing. Music is very enjoyable. I just wish the cables were less tangly and the shape was less weired. I get a decent seal after I experimented with some tips. However it still isn't perfect.

I am planning to buy another iem in the same budget for my evening walks. Blons don't stick well during walks. Has anyone tried the soundmagic e11? Thats the only one in the same range that I could find.
Ye been, thinking of getting the 11c too now that my kz zsn pro's left side is starting to die (faint noise), seems to be the cable mostly but can't find a good alternative and i already ran out of eartips (i'm using m on the left and L on the right lol), Apparently it's a more refined version of the 10c with the mids being better and overall being a much better earphone. But i might just end up getting the more popular 10c since only 1 year warranty puts me off since most of the time, electronics for me personally will either die in the second year or continue to thrive on for as long as i use it. I looked into the beyerdynamic beat byrd too and having had previous experience with the byrons as well as beyrdynamic service wanted to buy them, but you have to be joking with me that it has no mic lmao. That was just a deal breaker for me.

Did you replace the cable of the KZ? Do you have the bl03?
BTW, is it you in the profile picture? If yes, I'm your ugly lost twin brother!!

Did you replace the cable of the KZ? Do you have the bl03?
BTW, is it you in the profile picture? If yes, I'm your ugly lost twin brother!!
Haha not at all, it's jeff bridges from the movie The Big Lebowski (1998)
I have thought of replacing them but at the same time felt like trying on a new pair of earphones, the e10c which i debated on with the byrons eventually picking the latter. After which i got a refund for when i sent the byrons for a replacement (which they did not have), and actually bought these kz zsn pro from a member on erodov (the sale thread which is here too lol). Now that these have started to break down, i just felt like getting a new pair instead, and actually buying a replacement cable as well as new eartips for these from amazon would be more expensive then buying the exact same earphones again from either banggood or aliexpress lmao.

Cables are indeed tangly on the blon bl03. But they can be changed, one of the few reasons I left conventional earphones for an iem. I will try to get sennheiser ie80 or ie40 maybe used when I scrape up enough money lol.

Haha not at all, it's jeff bridges from the movie The Big Lebowski (1998)
I have thought of replacing them but at the same time felt like trying on a new pair of earphones, the e10c which i debated on with the byrons eventually picking the latter. After which i got a refund for when i sent the byrons for a replacement (which they did not have), and actually bought these kz zsn pro from a member on erodov (the sale thread which is here too lol). Now that these have started to break down, i just felt like getting a new pair instead, and actually buying a replacement cable as well as new eartips for these from amazon would be more expensive then buying the exact same earphones again from either banggood or aliexpress lmao.
Has aliexpress started delivering to India yet?

Ye been, thinking of getting the 11c too now that my kz zsn pro's left side is starting to die (faint noise), seems to be the cable mostly but can't find a good alternative and i already ran out of eartips (i'm using m on the left and L on the right lol), Apparently it's a more refined version of the 10c with the mids being better and overall being a much better earphone. But i might just end up getting the more popular 10c since only 1 year warranty puts me off since most of the time, electronics for me personally will either die in the second year or continue to thrive on for as long as i use it. I looked into the beyerdynamic beat byrd too and having had previous experience with the byrons as well as beyrdynamic service wanted to buy them, but you have to be joking with me that it has no mic lmao. That was just a deal breaker for me.
Zsn pro looks badass tbh. Can't we replace cable with one with mic?

IMG_20190319_115514__01__01.jpg
Don't I look similar ( lot uglier though) to your profile picture, it's almost a year old photo...now it's all beard and hair..even worse!!

Yes, I actually have a similar pair of sunglasses ( but can't seem to find any photos as usual..must have seen one in my wife's phone) don't talk about the beard man..I know it's terrible!! But too lazy to cut it...imagine someone without a good beard ( a thin one) is not shaving for months...it gives me a complete homeless look and I can easily mingle with my usual patient pool.

Yes, I actually have a similar pair of sunglasses ( but can't seem to find any photos as usual..must have seen one in my wife's phone) don't talk about the beard man..I know it's terrible!! But too lazy to cut it...imagine someone without a good beard ( a thin one) is not shaving for months...it gives me a complete homeless look and I can easily mingle with my usual patient pool.
Haha, you look good man. Are you a doctor?

Back