CPU/Mobo Suggest CPU cooler for Video Rendering Work.

rads

Adept
Hey guys ,

My cpu gets super hot when rendering videos,

would you guys please suggest me some good CPU coolers

Thanks

Attachments

• 2014-cpu2.PNG
    2014-cpu2.PNG
    260 KB · Views: 183
  • cpu-idle.PNG
    cpu-idle.PNG
    48.5 KB · Views: 138
These are extreme temperatures while ambient would be low these days.

Have you checked for TIM ?
Paste might have dried up and may need re-TIM-ing. Also checkout heat sink fit and air flow inside cabinet.

Which CPU cooler are using??? Intel stock are crap these days.
Like vyral suggested try changing TIM, if it remains the same then go for after market cooler.
I recommend Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo. If it is in ur budget

Get Hyper 212X newer 212...its VFM ...got it under 2.5k...
Keeps i5 2500k pretty cool @4.2ghz..

Currently am also on stock normal settings turbo boost to 3.4ghz...
Easily 10C cooler on idle and over 20-25C cooler under load as compared to stock cooler...

Go for Hyper 212X

I went crazy and got a notcua nh-d14 :(

and now i cant fit my Graphics card

QXvpyWo.jpg
YiknBMN.jpg

Just first tell which card and model is that...Is it Xfx one with some type of open fan heatsink ? :p
Bcz I know one model of Xfx 5770 ZNLC had this kind of cooler which used to heat a lot...
Was ur GPU temp alright before installing CPU cooler ??? I.e on stock CPU cooler what was temp of GPU under load ?

nope, the clips are contacting the pcb, will short circuit the card.
i saw that people were insulating the clips and using it, but my gap is too damn narrow.

Got it online, returning it will be a headache.. will try it for few weeks lets see how much i can do without the gpu. Then i might just sell it over here.[DOUBLEPOST=1390624998][/DOUBLEPOST]just curious, if i insulate the entire adjacent side of the cooler ( tape to the fins ) what would that do ? and place teh middle fan on the rear cab fan spot.

Back