Suggest DVD Player with USB support

Praks said:
Passion works fine with 4 GB USB with FAT32

will not support over 8 GB

plz be specific. your saying that passion plays 8gb fine but will not support over 8gb I mean it will not support/play 16gb flashdrive right?

Hey ppl, what happened to subtitle support? is the passion player able to display any subtitle format? what about philips 5965?

Also I see 5986 on Philips website. But is it available in the market? if yes, price?

Quad Master said:
wats the diff between

5960 , 5965K , 5960.

Also DVP5986K/98 says 1080p
So can it play Divx HD files @ 1920x1080 or 720p resolution.
chk specs here : DVP5986K/98 - DVD Player with HDMI and USB - Players and recorders - Recorders, DVD and home theater - Philips

Am confused.

Buy DVP5986 if you have 1080p TV. Otherwise any option will do.

some_cap said:
Hey ppl, what happened to subtitle support? is the passion player able to display any subtitle format? what about philips 5965?

Also I see 5986 on Philips website. But is it available in the market? if yes, price?

Philips 5965 has subtitle support. Visit any electronics shop and get to know of price of 5986.

some_cap said:
It plays subtitle in srt format which is the most common format for subtitles
tarun04 said:
Hello frnd,

I have also recently bought Passion M-38 DVD player from Big Bazar but I am facing difficulty in playing movie files from Pen Drive. I tried different Pen drives of different capacity say 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB but most of the time it says no disc and reads only the mp3 files or plays sound only without showing images. Please tell me how to solve this problem and if any1 else had encounterned such problem and what is the solution?
I dont know abt others it plays my one gb without any probs...
For those who have probs, U hav to keep the cd dvd drive empty for the player to play from usb..
anurag4u said:
I would suggest:

Philips DVP5960 DVD Player with HDMI, 1080i Upscaling, DivX Ultra, USB direct

Philips HDMI DVD Player - This home DVD player is a great way to get the most out of your current DVD movies. It features video upscaling, which boosts the video quality of your movies for high-definition displays. This higher definition signalcan be passed digitally to your HDTV via the HDMI port. HDMI also offers you audio transmission via the same cable, giving you an easy one-cable connection to your TV or receiver. Picture CD Playback - with JPEG pictures Picture Enhancement - flip photos, rotate, zoom, slideshow with MP3 playback NTSC&PAL Playback (PAL playback requires a TV that also supports the PAL format) Aspect Ratio - 4 - 3, 16 - 9 Dolby Digital USB Port Ports - RCA Composite Out, HDMI Out, Digital Coaxial Out, Component Video Out Parental Control&Child Lock
Besides, Philips is a trustworhty company. U shud think of it ovr the chinese junks. its a far better one. the name philips says it all abt the quality and guarentee.
Yeah sure..But for triple the price, Id rather(and did) buy this one..The thing is that dvd players wont stay longer than a year and a half...Already blueray is becoming a predominant hd media...These players will sink into budget category too..And thats when u can invest in a good company...:)

@party monger, thanks for clarifying that. Is the subtitle support good enough (not flawy, no syncing problem).. I guess I am buying a passion player then.

tarun04 said:
:hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2:
Hello frnd,
I have also recently bought Passion M-38 DVD player from Big Bazar but I am facing difficulty in playing movie files from Pen Drive. I tried different Pen drives of different capacity say 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB but most of the time it says no disc and reads only the mp3 files or plays sound only without showing images. Please tell me how to solve this problem and if any1 else had encounterned such problem and what is the solution?
:hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2:
Mine plays fine with a 4GB pen drive.
at first it says 'no disc' if you wait for a few secs, it says 'waiting' and then 'loading'. though the naming of the files gets all screwed up but it shows nevertheless.
I'd suggest you get it checked as there's nothing that can be done in any case, u'd be having a 6 months warranty right?

I have Passion M-38 bought from the futurebazaar.com using paymate.

Suddenly while watching movie, it stopped working. Now disk is stuck inside the player and it shows nothing on TV.

Question is, do i eligible for 6 month warranty? (just 1 month old)

maxme said:
I have Passion M-38 bought from the futurebazaar.com using paymate.

Suddenly while watching movie, it stopped working. Now disk is stuck inside the player and it shows nothing on TV.

Question is, do i eligible for 6 month warranty? (just 1 month old)

futurebazaar is a site that is partnered by Big Bazaar so I think if its Big Bazaar that is offering the warranty then automatically futurebazaar should follow and in case it comes directly from the company then there is nothing to worry. you can call up the futurebazaar customer care to c if they know nything about it - 022 40 490490
but b4 you get into all tht rigmarole I suggest you try all tht you can frm ur side to get the cd out. its always better than all the pain, ATB :hap2:

I'm planning on getting a ''Passion M-38'' Does it read 8gb flash drive, Im in market for 8gb flashdrive but not sure that m38 can read it? can i get a decent usb based hard drive for 1500 rs! Will it work on M-38.

@sadragas, thanks.

I have tried to take the CD out of the player but all in vain.

I will call customer care to ask about warranty.

h4x0R said:
I'm planning on getting a ''Passion M-38'' Does it read 8gb flash drive, Im in market for 8gb flashdrive but not sure that m38 can read it? can i get a decent usb based hard drive for 1500 rs! Will it work on M-38.

bump help.

h4x0R said:
bump help.

Go to the nearest big bazaar and try ur pendrive..
@max...Any progress buddy???Also in my case i was told 1yr warranty..So jus in case for any of u , it goes bad fight n say that u were promissed 1yr warranty..:rofl:

cause i clarified and after checkin up, even the second rep agreed...:hap5:

Back