Suggest Free HDD Partition Recovery software.

Praks

Skilled
Friends,

Relative of mine formatted WD HDD of 1 TB unknowingly. It had around 5 partitions. It got formatted by Windows default format tool & was never overwritten luckily.

I am looking for software to install on Windows 7 which can recover all these partitions by connecting this formatted HDD

Few questions,
- If partitions are recovered, will it have "ALL" the data in it ? Or again I need to run Data recovery tool to recover individual files.

Few free tools Google Suggested
EASEUS Partition Recovery 5.0.1 - Website says it will Recover accidentally deleted partition but will NOT recover files from deleted & lost partition.
EASEUS NTFS partition data recovery

Please suggest a FREE tool which can recover complete partition with all types of files & files above 1 GB in size.

instead of recovering partitions I would suggest data recovery softwares.

Get Data Back for FAT / NTFS has done a good job for me many a times, while helping out friends.

ALso you will need a spare HDD to keep all the recovered data.

PS : missed your need for Free tool, perhaps I dont know of any good ones, you have to go the ahem way most likely.

Ya, have spare HDD ready.

Bro, If I am able to recover whole partition so I can have data intact (If possible) rather then having to recover each file & restore it :(.

Thank you.

Isn't PhotoRec only to recover photos ?

What I am thinking is if I am able to recover whole partition then why do lots of work on recovering each & every file ?

If I recover whole partition then wouldn't I get all data in it as it is ?

Great.. Thanks a lot for that input.

Quick Q - Will it recover all the files inside partition as it is once you recover the partition ? or I have to do manually.

@vivacious_tg

Will find and mount recover all the files inside partition as it is once you recover the partition ? or I have to do manually.

Praks said:
@vivacious_tg
Will find and mount recover all the files inside partition as it is once you recover the partition ? or I have to do manually.
If it finds the partition it will recover the whole partition with data.

@vivacious_tg

Will find and mount be able to mount the partition which was formatted using Windows format tool ?

Trying to understand, How F & M is different from other data recovery tool like Recuva ? Will F & M work on Win 7 64 bit (I got an error) ?

Hi ,

I've use TestDisk to recover the partition NTFS partition which is deleted when i removed Ubuntu.

Worked like a charm and able to restore the entire partition :)

@tech_bot

Thanks for your help bro.

Here is scenario, 1 TB HDD with 5 partitions was formatted using Windows Format utility. All 5 partitions are required to be recovered.

This 1 TB Internal 3.5" HDD will be connected with laptop using external casing & 5 partitions will be recovered on another external HDD. Main laptop will be running

only recovery software. Will this work out ?

Will it be good to run image of test disk or install software ?

Back to thread.

Have tried F & M many times in last 1 month, But it just scans.

Deleted partitions are not showing, Any idea what to do ?

Back