Suggest from ELCB or RCCB or RCBO

Emperor

Skilled
Dear Friends,
My relative have a paper business and wish to install ELCB or RCBO or RCCB to protect from any kind of short circtui that may turn into FIRE :(

Local electrician suggest him to install ELCB or RCBO or RCCB from ANY BRAND as all are same o_O

My relative DON'T KNOW anything about all this term, thus he note down and seek my help, but I too don't have much knowledge other than there name.

Can any one please suggest what product from above 3 requires to install, the paper godown have - 5 Tube Lights, 5 CFL and 5 fans and occasionally lightnings (not heavy but Rice Bulb etc.) on Festive Seasons

Please suggest what he need to install from following & What best Brand and Price available in India:-
  1. Earth Leakage Circuit Breakers (ELCB)
  2. Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB)
  3. Residual-current circuit breaker with overload protection (RCBO)
Thank You

Dear Friends,
My relative have a paper business and wish to install ELCB or RCBO or RCCB to protect from any kind of short circtui that may turn into FIRE :(

Local electrician suggest him to install ELCB or RCBO or RCCB from ANY BRAND as all are same o_O

My relative DON'T KNOW anything about all this term, thus he note down and seek my help, but I too don't have much knowledge other than there name.

Can any one please suggest what product from above 3 requires to install, the paper godown have - 5 Tube Lights, 5 CFL and 5 fans and occasionally lightnings (not heavy but Rice Bulb etc.) on Festive Seasons

Please suggest what he need to install from following & What best Brand and Price available in India:-
  1. Earth Leakage Circuit Breakers (ELCB)
  2. Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB)
  3. Residual-current circuit breaker with overload protection (RCBO)
Thank You

Concentrate on the last 2 on the list. However a reputed company will be expensive.

A 3 phase breaker is more expensive than single phase for obvious reasons. I'm using Legrand for past 4 years without any issues. It trips instantly on any faults. RCCB has a button to test it. Its recommended to test it every month.

First determine total current requirement. Then decide on the required breaker.

HI,
The choices u have mentioned:
Earth Leakage Circuit Breakers (ELCB) - Will protect from earth leakage current , i.e earth faults .No Overload protection if not used in series with MCB
Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB) - Will protect from accidental shocks , No Overload protection if not used in series with MCB
Residual-current circuit breaker with overload protection (RCBO) - Will protect from accidental shocks , Also Overload protection , short circuit protection.
Good brand will be Legrand (previously MDS).
For Shock protection u have to decide what will be the tripping shock current level - usually comes in 30mA,50mA,100 mA.

Best results for home would be RCBO with 30mA tripping current value after calculating the total amps requirement (usually 32/40 amps) .

Involve a electrician to calculate the total current requirement then decide on the shock current value for the RCCB or RCBO

Back