Suggest games with kickass storylines

Meph, I suggest you play Mass Effect 1. It'd take some time to drift through this genre and trust me, this series is kick ass! I personally don't like RPG either since they take up a lot of time for the completion and then there are their DLCs as well. ME 2 was much better than ME1 and I never regretted playing that game. In fact, I am waiting for the sequel which is due Q4.

Mr.J said:
Try Witcher.

RPGs are your best bet if you are looking for story.
I've been recommended Witcher a couple of times before too. How are the graphics of this game?

teja92 said:
Play POP trilogy

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Batman Arkham Asylum(You will definitely love it)

Gears of War(1 if on PC,even 2 if on XBox)

Mafia 2(no Explanation needed)

I've played and liked both Brotherhood and Arkham Asylum.

Mafia, what's it like? GTA type?
Gannu said:
Meph, I suggest you play Mass Effect 1. It'd take some time to drift through this genre and trust me, this series is kick ass! I personally don't like RPG either since they take up a lot of time for the completion and then there are their DLCs as well. ME 2 was much better than ME1 and I never regretted playing that game. In fact, I am waiting for the sequel which is due Q4.
I have no problem with RPG, infact I just love both the Dragon Age games but I got bored of Mass effect in 10 minutes itself. :p

Anyhow, will give it another try. I may have been impatient with it.

If you don't mind the graphics, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is a very good game. Has a really good storyline.

Mephistopheles said:
Mafia, what's it like? GTA type?

The original Mafia was a fantastic game. It's can't exactly be called a GTA type game, although they have some similarities. It's a linear game, with awesome storyline, music and character development. It's a pretty old game, so you might be a bit turned off by it's appearance, but it's definitely a must play title though.
Mephistopheles said:
I have no problem with RPG, infact I just love both the Dragon Age games but I got bored of Mass effect in 10 minutes itself.

Anyhow, will give it another try. I may have been impatient with it.

The first 10 minutes doesn't even introduce the game properly, leave alone it's characters. The game starts out a bit slowly, but picks up the pace later on. So keep playing and you'll definitely be hooked.

and as jc36lect3r suggested, go for Fahrenheit (a.k.a Indigo Prohpecy). Extremely engaging and character driven title. Also try Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.

Ethan_Hunt said:
The first 10 minutes doesn't even introduce the game properly, leave alone it's characters. The game starts out a bit slowly, but picks up the pace later on. So keep playing and you'll definitely be hooked.

and as jc36lect3r suggested, go for Fahrenheit (a.k.a Indigo Prohpecy). Extremely engaging and character driven title. Also try Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.
Yep, Ethan is right. ME starts out a bit slowly and builds on well later on. And Indigo Prophecy was a really good game as well. Thanks Ethan for reminding of that game.

Saiyan said:
And Indigo Prophecy was a really good game as well. Thanks Ethan for reminding of that game.

It's an awesome game indeed. I wanted to like Heavy Rain, just as much as I loved this game, but I just couldn't. Quantic Dreams had done something very different and unique with it's storyline and the whole chilly atmosphere of the game. If you have completed the game Saiyan, I'm pretty sure you remember those levels in which Carla's claustrophobia is really tested (while trying to find Kirsten file at the Police Station) and how you have to maintain her breathing patterns and then the Bellevue asylum scene. This game was filled with so many memorable moment. Hope they re-master this on the PS3 as well. :)

Saiyan said:
Yep, Ethan is right. ME starts out a bit slowly and builds on well later on. And Indigo Prophecy was a really good game as well. Thanks Ethan for reminding of that game.
Ethan_Hunt said:

Ok, thanks for the suggestions guys. Indigo prophecy seems interesting, will also give ME another try.

Ethan_Hunt said:

and as jc36lect3r suggested, go for Fahrenheit (a.k.a Indigo Prohpecy). Extremely engaging and character driven title.

I gave up indigo prophecy after failing at one of those ridiculous timed button press events a few dozen times.

Totally agreed on mass effect; it really becomes engaging though initially it doesn't have the pacing you expect from a shooter.

chiron said:
I gave up indigo prophecy after failing at one of those ridiculous timed button press events a few dozen times.
Yes, there are some ridiculous amount of QTE in the latter parts of the game. :p

@OP

Someone suggested Mafia, you can also try Mafia 2. It also has a really good storyline. The characters are really well written and dont get over the top.

comp@ddict said:
-1 to the Witcher, the combat system is pathetic, so much you'll start laughing when he attacks using the sword.

You dont play Witcher for the combat. Its an RPG and a really accomplished one at that.

@OP Witcher is remarkable for putting you in situations where either choice seems equally painful and the full results of your choice are not seen until much later in game. Graphics were pretty decent and still look pretty good. Else, you could also wait for Wicther 2 coming out next month.

Befor you jump into conclusions , I suggest you goto Gamespot and check the gameplay/review videos of the games..

If you like it,then buy/download and play it....

Else,just pass on...

They review a game perfectly and also they play quite well... They cover the main parts of every game..

Mephistopheles said:
Ok, thanks for the suggestions guys. Indigo prophecy seems interesting, will also give ME another try.
A word of advice, playing Fahrenheit on any Widescreen monitor would be a messy task. It wasn't built for Widescreen resolution. There was a hex editing hack, which would render it as per your native resolution, but the image would be strecthed, and the results aren't pretty. So if you playing on anything above a 19 inch WS monitor, then be prepared for applying the tweaks. Mafia supports 1920x1080 with it's last patch. So no issues with that game.

Some games with good storyline:

Prince of Persia Series (Kickass storyline + Awsome combat)
Mafia 1 + 2(Kickass storyline + Realistic gun fights)
Undying(Decent storyline + awsome combat including supernatural powers)
Resident Evil 4

Back