Suggest good dishwashers under 60k

I don't own one. But had seen a few, lying unused. I had considered buying, but put it off permanently.

Points to ponder:
1. Dishwashers need space. Ideally integrated with the kitchen platform. Else you would need to provide for a pressurized water connection (like in case of front loading washing machines).
2. You would need to "remove" the gunk off, before putting the dishes in the machine. For me that is the hard part!
3. If you use lots of kadais / woks it does not clean as well it should. Same is the case for serving ladles.
4. If you observe the internals, dishwashers rely on spraying hot water with detergent on the surface of soiled dishes. This would mean that the ideal dishes would be plates & their ilk.

Reg makes: IFB was the first to make them in India. They are built well.

Undoubtedly Siemens. Been using one for over 6 years now and it is brilliant.

A light rinse of the items is enough. Stuff comes out unbelievably clean. Glasses especially are sparkling.

I own an LG model. I haven't found it as useful as I thought I would.

The biggest problem I face is in loading odd sized vessels used in Indian cooking. Hard to put a pressure cooker or a kadai in. If you use a lot of china (or utensils easy to stack), it might be useful.

As already mentioned, if you do cooking which makes food stuff stick to the vessels, you will have to scrub the food off before you put it in.

Dishwasher's action is more like rinsing. If you need to scrub your vessels everyday, you may not find it very useful.

EDIT: On the brighter side, the stuff that I can fit in comes out really clean.

Last edited:
^^ Hiring a maid is not an option. None that we hired in the past were reliable. They do a half arsed job and most of the time and my mom had to end up cleaning the utensils again. Further, they come and go as they please and they still demand for full pay even if they come only less than half the month and there is also the question of honesty which is a rare commodity these days.

Spending 60k on dish washer is worth it even it works well for just 2 years before needing replacement. We already have a couple of washing machines to handle the laundry. That's why thinking about taking the plunge for the dishwasher as well.

Bosch/Siemens would be my choice. I will be getting one soon even if we have to wash Kadhais separately despite nearly most of them advertising as capable of cleaning Indian cooking ware. When washing there are usually 1-2 Kadhais so I still think it would be a good buy to just wash the plates, glasses and spoons.

>>Spending 60k on dish washer is worth it even it works well for just 2 years before needing replacement.

My wife in general tends to do dishes on her own as first she has to clean them for left over food, after which they are like 60-80% clean (comparing with maid standard), Dishwasher will anyways not be able to clean the heavy items with lots of oil. We do use it though; mostly because of hygiene.

If you are looking to get your mother some assistance; I doubt it will help; you can sure try though if you feel like.

Back