Android Suggest matte screenguard and case for Nexus 7 2012

raksrules

Elite
So i finally bit the bullet and ordered the Nexus 7 2012 from flipkart.
I want a Matte screenguard specifically because i want to watch videos on the device while travelling and the glossy screenguards will reflect light a lot.
Also need a case which can "hold" the tablet, not a sleeve or anything but properly hold the tablet. I have an iPad 2 and it has a folio case which becomes a stand as well, may be something like that is preferred.

Please suggest.

Count me in too... ordering one tonight...

@raksrules have you ordered for 8999 ?
Yes 8999 Rs. I guess there is no offer or anything to get below this and i wasn't interested in 3G model and 32 GB at 3K premium was not that enticing. I can live with the usable 12GB around. Btw there is also option to root (without root also possible) and use USB OTG and all. But i may not be doing that at least for time being.

@raksrules.

My Nexus 7 is having a matte screen guard. The worst decision I ever made on a screen guard. Ruined the display. Horrible. Not removing it, coz its not used by me anymore. My brother is happy with it.

@raksrules.

My Nexus 7 is having a matte screen guard. The worst decision I ever made on a screen guard. Ruined the display. Horrible. Not removing it, coz its not used by me anymore. My brother is happy with it.

What do you mean by it having matte screen guard ? Did you mean matte non reflective screen ?
Even if that is true I have to apply a screenguard to ensure that I don't mess the screen. I want to use the device mainly for videos and currently I have a glossy screenguard on my iPhone 4S and watching videos is a BIG let down. I cannot see half of things due to glare and reflection.
Do we get any screenguard which will work for my purpose ? I just don't want light to reflect from the screen when I am watching videos.

Yes. I bought a matte screen guard.

Get a normal glossy one please. The matte one will ruin the color and "vibrancy" on this device. Which honestly is why people go ga-ga over this. :). At least I did.[DOUBLEPOST=1384874745][/DOUBLEPOST]Or better yet, buy both. Install them both and see for yourself. Anyways u will get at least 2 or 3 of em in each pack r8?

So i finally bit the bullet and ordered the Nexus 7 2012 from flipkart.
I want a Matte screenguard specifically because i want to watch videos on the device while travelling and the glossy screenguards will reflect light a lot.
Also need a case which can "hold" the tablet, not a sleeve or anything but properly hold the tablet. I have an iPad 2 and it has a folio case which becomes a stand as well, may be something like that is preferred.

Please suggest.

Have a look at the anti privacy screen i mentioned before(3M or something)...btw it has matte finish too
be sure to read reviews before getting it...heard that it reduces the brigtness/crispness of the screen considerably..though also read some reviews that the newer ones are thinner..and reduces that drawback to some extent

@Vagabond
Was planning to buy this case for the Nexus 7, it is cheap from ebay.in but the main problem i have is that we need to take the tablet out of the case for charging which is not really a good thing to do everytime i want to charge. One option is to place the tablet upside down but then the cover comes to my right side which is not what i like.
May be i will see what other options i have.
If you find some good case which does not break the bank, do let me know.

Have ordered matte screen guard and case from ebay for around 1065 Rs total. Will report after it comes.

Aliexpress and ebay.com and not really preferred to me because i need a case soon rather than waiting for like 2 months.

@raksrules , @xtremevicky yesterday bought matte finish screen guard and hard cover case for my tablet.

Damages 1200/- I guess I spend a little more but the way the guy put the screen guard (skillfully) surely would not be able do likewise.

Back