blaupunkt san diego mp27
f/sp jbl gts s205
r/sp jbl gto 938
amp jbl gts a604
woofer jbl cs 1204
this is going for around 25k
plz give me u r valuable inputs..
also tell me where i can get these products cheap in pune

sorta. pio HU's have an annoying midrange coloration, while the blaupunkt sounds neutral, but ends up sounding quite bland. kenwood and alpine are better , but harder to find and more wxpensive.

and pios are pretty cheap , while blau HU's are sold only at MRP

greenhorn said:
while the blaupunkt sounds neutral, but ends up sounding quite bland.

Err please explain this statement :p. Isn't being neutral the whole idea?

Anyway coming to the point, if you like your music to be soothing to your ears, avoid JBL like plague. Its the most fatiguing sound I've ever heard. Visualize a chalk screeching on a blackboard - that is how most of them sound :p.

blaupunkt mp27 mrp.8250

f/sp jbl gts s205 Rs.2490

r/sp jbl gto 938 Rs.4990

amp jbl gts a604 Rs.6990

woofer jbl cs 1204 Rs.3990

woofer box Rs.900

rc chord Rs.350

Amp.wiring kit Rs.1450

total mpr Rs.29410

discounted price Rs.25000

blaupunkt mp27 san diego for Rs.6300 with bill & warranty

Chaos said:
Err please explain this statement :p. Isn't being neutral the whole idea?

while it is flat , its not too wide. the highs and lows aren't that great. its almost as if its frequency response got chopped off at both ends. not as bad as an xplod, but halfway there.

the pio HU's at least play some highs and lows, even though they're not accurate.

Anyway coming to the point, if you like your music to be soothing to your ears, avoid JBL like plague. Its the most fatiguing sound I've ever heard. Visualize a chalk screeching on a blackboard - that is how most of them sound :p.

gotta blame the junta for that. jbl stopped making the 937 ( the one with the switch to toggle between bright and brighter) and introduced the 938, which is supposed to be better , but folks want the 937 back, and so badly that they reintroduced it with a black paintjob as the 947 :p

greenhorn said:
while it is flat , its not too wide. the highs and lows aren't that great. its almost as if its frequency response got chopped off at both ends. not as bad as an xplod, but halfway there.
the pio HU's at least play some highs and lows, even though they're not accurate.

Whats your point of reference in the above? Can you actually discern all this over engine noise? :p.

blaupunkt is tonnes better than any pio, get that if you want sq.

@paddy , what sort of music do you listen to ? and at what levels ? It will help with recommendations

namic's indica came with a san diego MP27 installed + BG series 4" in dash and GT series 6x9's in the rear. while its okay, a pio 3050 + some jbl speakers ( same setup - 4" in front and 6x9's behind) in a wagon R had deeper bass, and more ( but not necessarily better) treble. most people would rather prefer the latter.

Disclaimer: I'm aware this is not an apples to apples comparison, and I haven't heard any high end blau installs( and then again, i haven't seen or read about any either)

bg series are really underpowered for some reason and gt is just mass market, not the best examples for blau

they're the same price range as the GT5/GTO's that were in the Wagon R !

Paddy, I'm responding to your PM here

is the following deal good

r/sp blaupunkt odx 693 with case

cost : 8 k new, boxes <1k, you dont need them in a sedan

amp blaupunkt gta 470

cost 10k new

woofer blaupunkt gtb 300 with original case

7k new

cables

no warranty left

total price : Rs.16000

I'd say try 12~15k, or less depending on the condition of the things. the stuff seems pretty old

greenhorn said:
they're the same price range as the GT5/GTO's that were in the Wagon R !

The bg series as well as gt series are sub 2k at the most na ? how much was the gt5

also you cant really expect a lot of bass from 4inch components

the TH series (i replaced my gt components with these) are at 4.2k and sound really good and eat up the 6*9 bg ovals i have in the rear in the bass dept

@paddy

the thc 542 components at 4.2k mrp plus the blau gta4 mark 2 which retails at 6k would be a nice combo if you want to give it a try

GT5's are sub 2k. the blau speakers are good :p Was getting an install done for a friend's santro and we tried out the GT5 and BG series 4 inchers and the BG won hands down :D , and TH are top of the range!

but we're talking about HU's here. from my experience, blau makes sense only for the warranty support, or if you are getting it iced from the car dealer, and get the ICE as part of a discount. blau seems to be cozy with most dealers. I saw tata branded blau HU's at the showroom !

but for aftermarket ice, Pioneer HU's @ grey rates offer better VFM, and for the Bill & warranty price, kenwood/alpine are better options

top of the range would be the velocity i guess but they dont make sense at 8k and ppl say the quality has dropped off late on those.

and yeah even at the blau showroom here the head units had a tata sticker on it which I peeled off after i bought it :lol:

for vfm i guess you cant beat pio grey prices but for sq blau is the easiest place to start and probably alpine next

for sq blau is the easiest place to start and probably alpine next

as an alpine fanboi, I'd like to say, no way :bleh:, if you mean blau SQ>Alpine.

even on a budget , a grey market kenwood 5039 (~5.5k) makes more sense

Back