Audio Suggest Me A Good Iem For 2K

I have used PL30 brainwavz M1 before. I am interested in something better than M1 and price should be < 2.5 K. Are the above suggested ones better than PL50 ?

From this review -- http://www.head-fi.o...iew-xeport-iems, it seems that the XePort 5010-8 is actually the best of the lot, just as #esantosh Sire has said.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This may well be the best of the bunch. Similar to the MEElectronics SP51 and Hippo VB that came before it, the XePort 5010 incorporates a variable bass tuning system into its nearly identical housings. The 5010 comes with three sets of interchangeable tuning plates which screw on to the rear of the housings. Like the SP51, the bass plates are silver, gunmetal and black, offering incremental increases in bass. My listening impressions have been done using the gunmetal plate.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

The bass is unsurprisingly a strength of these earphones and not purely because you can control how much of it you get. No matter which plate is in place, the bass is well controlled, punchy and has nice texture and definition. Extension is rather impressive as well and is nicely balanced with no obnoxious mid-bass hump to worry about.
[/font]

The midrange is (mostly) free of bass bleed and is smooth but not lacking in detail. Warm, is the word I’d use to describe it but not so warm that the resolution is hurt but these aren’t the kind of IEMs you’ll go to for micro-detail retrieval. There’s a bit of grain throughout the midrange as well but nothing too detrimental to the sound quality overall. I know this comment sounds rather bad but when put into perspective of its price point, it’s not bad at all and I can say that these can easily punch above their $20 price.
[/font]

Treble is, once again, fairly laid back and even handed in its presentation. It never gets to the point of sibilance because it lacks that extra bit of sparkle and clarity of IEMs such as the RE0, but, again, for something that costs as little as these do, that’s to be expected.
[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The soundstage created by the 5010 is actualy surprisingly deep, giving these an “out of the head†sound. Imaging is rather nice as well and I was pretty satisfied with the width and height of the stage as well.[/font]

If you can order from XePort directly, grab them and give a short write up here of how you found them.

Xeport's website says that 5010 is a superbass IEM
<
. Also is 5010 which costs 15 $ better than PL50, which costs around 55 $ (in Amazon.com) ?

PL50 was released sometime in late 2009 (Source) for $55, Xeport was released sometime in late 2011 for $20, but with a MSRP of $70 - if that puts your mind at ease
<

Coming to your query, while they do sound different, I consider PL50 and M1 to be in the same SQ tier overall - meaning at best they are a side-grade. If you preferred your mid range to be more forward than M1, while not minding the loss of some bass quantity, PL50 will work out fine. To find a good sonic upgrade to M1, you may need to stretch your budget a little or try something different for a change. I suggested XEport because at $14.95, you are unlikely to lose money even if the sound quality is not stellar. I tried to figure out shipping charges, but seems like I need to check out completely and confirm my order - something I did not want to do. FWIW, it did not add shipping charges on changing country to India, so not sure.

But if your preference is firmly in the mold of M1 and PL30 and you want a solid upgrade, you need to look at RE-ZERO / RE0.

If you preferred your mid range to be more forward than M1, while not minding the loss of some bass quantity, PL50 will work out fine.

This is what I want. But if I go for the XePort 510 what will be total amount (including shipping). Also which are the best sites to purchase products from outside India,

I checked the the site http://www.shopabroadonline.com . The total amount is calculated as 2203.

Is this price high ?

That would be a costlier route, especially when XEPort itself can ship it directly to you. With forwarding services, Duty & Taxes are always collected, which is not the case with ordinary USPS shipping. I tried a fake checkout and this is what I got (roughly half of SAO quote @ ~ 1250 post CC charges)

Your Total
Sub-Total: $14.95

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.50lbs) (First-Class Mail International Package**): $8.39

Total: $23.34

What happened to nuforece btw ? Did they stop producing NE-6 ? Otherwise it would be a perfect IEM for OP's budget.
<

#sabby,

NE-6/7m has been discontinued and replaced by NE-700X/M.

#anilthomas,
  1. Do you have a Paypal account? If not, hope you have a credit card. You can easily create a Paypal account while paying for XEPort. Otherwise, grab a friend who has a credit card and/or Paypal account and ask him to do it for you.
  2. Go to this page, Click on Add to Card with 5010-8. In the cart, click the "Checkout with Paypal" button at the bottom right.
  3. If you have a Paypal account, proceed to login by clicking "Have a Paypal account". If not, click "Don't have a Paypal account", enter all the details (including "Save your Information with Paypal" to create Login) and Continue.
  4. In the next two pages (Payment Information, Order Confirmation), there's nothing much to do except "Continue" and "Confirm order". Just make sure that your shipping address is correct in the last step.
  5. You should receive an E-mail from XEport about your order and Paypal about your payment. Keep them handy. Wait for anywhere between 2-3 weeks. In my experience, USPS First Class takes about 8-13 days to arrive. Could take a bit longer in some cases.
  6. Hopefully, there should not be any custom duty for a $15 IEM, but you never know. If there's any duty, you have to pay the postman (he'd be carrying the dreaded slip). Otherwise, you may need to visit the post office and pick it up yourself. In my experience, most of the First Class parcels arrive without duty (a few MEElectronics items).

If you need any more clarifications, just use the #

#6 If there is customs duty, what will be the maximum amount? . Is there any risk in buying from outside India ?, like the product getting stuck in processing.

It just needs getting used to (2-3 weeks time and lot more tension than the next day delivery / pick-up from a shop), but it's not as risky with low value items. With USPS first class, usually there's no tracking available and hence it shows up when it shows up. I have received packages on the 6th day sometimes, but needed to wait 15 days+ for a few others.

With customs duty, you never know. I have received high value items without duty, but got charged for lower value items. Duty on earphones is about 26%, but mostly they won't charge you for $15. At worst it would be 100-200 bucks.

Back