Suggest me a good mobile phone

kidrock

Disciple
Aug 1, 2006
Budget: 25-26k max

Requirements: Music, camera, internet (edge/wifi/gprs)

Initial contenders: W960i, N82, Lg Viewty and N72m

I currently own a w580i which I purchased in Jan on suggestion from you guys. Now I need to give this to my kid sis and move to another phone. I had plans to purchase the W960i in the beginning itself but due to budget constraints of the tax season I had to look for a cheaper alternative. I am not that sure about the W960i now with 5mp phones around. I am looking to hold on to this phone for atleast 2yrs. So it’s kind of long term. I don’t like Nokia N-series since I find them too bulky. But I am impressed with the N-73m I have seen its video and music quality and they are really value for money. The talk is that the N-82 is its replacement so just want to know if its worth it. Have seen how some replacements fail like the K750i replacement. I am looking for something that’s a cross between a pda and a music and camera phone. A jack of all and master of none basically. I am open to suggestions to other phones too. So plz help me, plan to go for it by the 2nd week of may.

aka911

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
New Delhi
Requirements: Music, camera, internet (edge/wifi/gprs

I would say N82 or N95 8GB

N82 has the better camera(thanks to the xenon flash), while N95 8 GB has a larger screen that will be a boon If u want to surf on the phone itself...

Chuck the viewty.. It's not worth it other then the camera...
The only thing left to decide is do u want a touchscreen (W960)

Remember that It does have a much inferior camera to Both N82 and N95 8 GB

kidrock

Disciple
Aug 1, 2006
Well I'll prefer the N82 to N95. The only thing I hate bout the n-series is its bulk size. Not a fan of the iphone its more style than matter.

kidrock

Disciple
Aug 1, 2006
Well W960i was my dream phone. But I am not too sure its wort just cause of its memory. It just has a 3 mp average cam. If it was 5mp I wouldnt even post this thread just gone for it.

I am open to other phones too if they meet my requirements. I have a budget upto 25-26k.

dineshshahi

Disciple
Mar 12, 2008
if u can wait se will release g900i n c900i . both have 5mp camera plus gps.g900i is touchscreen phone.releasing date is 26 or 27 may.otherwise go for n82

torque

Recruit
Mar 29, 2006
N82 without a doubt. Most of the SE's new phones are rebuild icons, something here and there, some new disco lights and change the shell and voila you have a new phone whose capabilities are exactly like the old phone and it doesnt offers you anything extra except for a bloated price tag. Besides most of them arent even smartphones even at that price.... argh!