Monitors Suggest me a lcd monitor - 22" or 24" or 23"

Charun

Skilled
hey guyz i am now looking forward to buy a lcd monitor this month

I am very much confused which screensize to go for ???

the viewing distance is around 60-70 cms

so according to the distance which screensize should i opt for ???

also my computer is on for minimum of 8hrs a day

budget around 9-10k

please suggest me friends :)

here are the shortlisted ones -

http://www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/home/...spx?refid=monitor-dell-u2211h&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&redirect=1&s=dhs&sku=320-0921

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/...or/LS23LRZKU/XL/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

http://www.benq.co.in/products/LCD/?product=1403

hmm but i would get a BENQ G2420 at around 12k right ?????

my budget is around 10k only

topic edited with short listed monitors

I brought a E2200 a week or so back. Its a solid performance monitor with minor drawbacks like the stand does not let u move it sideways etc.

Solid review from anandtech also. I would recommend that to you.

Abhinaya

^None if you ask me, as far as a home user is concerned. He's referring to those 1920x1200 displays which would leave black bars in the top and bottom of the display whilst watching 1080p rips.

Most display manufacturers have now started cramping 1920x1080 into smaller displays. And advertising them equally. On a smaller display, say a 22incher it is really hard to notice a visible difference between a 720p rip and a 1080p. I had a Dell US2208WFP sometime back and I can vouch for this.

shady8701 said:
i brought a e2200 a week or so back. Its a solid performance monitor with minor drawbacks like the stand does not let u move it sideways etc.
Solid review from anandtech also. I would recommend that to you.
Abhinaya

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaganjain said:
more info and why ?

16:10 advantages:

Higher resolution for the same ppi and "
More vertical resolution
Higher resolutions for 1280·x, 1920·x, and 2560·x
Wider range of resolutions (as of now), including high-res 15.4" 1920·1200
17", 20", and 24" displays have higher resolutions (both ways) than 16", 18.4", and 21" 16:9 displays (except for 1920*x)

16:9 advantages:

Wider so no "black bars" when watching 16:9 movies
Wider so easier to display two things side-by-side
Cheaper panels
High-res 13.1" 1600·900 panel has no 13" 16:10 equivalent
Can fit a full-size keyboard in a smaller display size
16", 18.4", and 21" displays are physically wider than 15", 17", and 20" 16:10 displays for similar heights

Hope this helps.

thank u guyz but i dont need 24" monitors because the screen will be very big in order to work on tally and office

it will be uncomfortable to my father

so i m very much confused between DELL ST2210 and BENQ E2200

btw can anyone please suggest me is it ok to go for 16:9 or should i look forward to 16:10 ?????

Did u read my earlier post? If your need is working on Excels,Tally etc then 16:10 is better suited as it gives you more vertical space.,which saves you the trouble of repitative scrolling etc.

Am also on the lookout, for a friend. I hope i'm not hi-jacking, but He told me 16:10 is better suited for gaming, as most recommended resolutions are 16:10. Is this true? I know that a large no. of ppl have 16:9 monitors and game happily on it, but I'd like more info on the subject.

swastikrj said:
some one please suggest me some good 22" 16:10 lcd monitors under 9k

need to buy on monday or tuesday
I have a Benq E2200 HD. It is a nice monitor with HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs and Integrated speakers (not very good).

Display quality is good, Good colour reproduction, no lag while gaming / tv viewing / action movies etc.

No idea about warranty, yet to face any issues with this.

It cost me around 8.8K (excluding shipping)

There is another model from Benq, G2200 / G2220 which lacks HDMI but is cheaper.

Bobby

quick question - if the display is used from a distance of 7 feet - what would you suggest in terms of the screen size ( prefer 24" ) and ratio and technology .. (iPS??)

Back