sdsilva97

Recruit
As in title, my requirements are
  • 1440p resolution
  • IPS or any other new fancy panel with wide viewing angles and good colors
  • 2x HDMI and 2x DP, USBC w/ DP is a plus
  • 27 inches only
  • High refresh rate, 120hz, 1440hz doesn't matter, I want to be free of 60hz
  • Gsync or whatever the AMD equivalent is.

So I've found out the Benq EX2780Q which is for 30k on amazon and goes for 27.5k on sale, and the MSI Optix MAG274QRF which is ~33k, are there any other good ones apart from these? there is the Gigabyte one but that has BGR pixel layout that makes text blurry.

G27q from Gigabyte is good. You can use the website rtings.com to compare monitors. G27q 27 inch 1440p 144Hz is one of the best budget HDR monitors at this time.

27 inch samsung odessy should be the choice here... But if you're a BenQ fan then go for the BenQ monitor... Never dissappoints

I am using Acer nitro 27 inch 1440p 144 hz for more than a year now. Supports AMD Freesync pro and I have tested it with my other PC that has a GTX 1060 and gsync works too.

I am using Acer nitro 27 inch 1440p 144 hz for more than a year now. Supports AMD Freesync pro and I have tested it with my other PC that has a GTX 1060 and gsync works too.
Currently this monitor is the best at it's price, especially after bank offers, really a good deal and has a good panel.

I bought Acer nitro 144hz 27inch for 21k from Amazon.

Very good experience.
But your budget is really good.
I will look for something like Asus proart( mind you though it is mainly for video content) it still has 75hz. Since you mentioned good colors I thought of it.

For gaming may be something else .

I have seen lg Oled monitors coming too but they are crazy expensive right now. Maybe if you can wait a little while Benq and other will start offering them for around 40k-50k.

I think it might start happening sooner than later.

You mean 1000nits in brightness?
Also @op this TV seems have bad backlight bleeding issues like many IPS panels from Acer so consider that before deciding.
Brightness of 600nits is bare minimum for HDR but 1000nits is good and where it actually is worth it.

That is what I got from research when I planned to get an HDR monitor.
Gave up because too high from my budget.

Brightness of 600nits is bare minimum for HDR but 1000nits is good and where it actually is worth it.

That is what I got from research when I planned to get an HDR monitor.
Gave up because too high from my budget.
Don't look for HDR as a criteria for monitors, If you really want good HDR in monitors then you'll have to spend a lot which is not worth it imo. SDR brightness, grey/black uniformity, colour accuracy/ gamut coverage and response times should be the things to look for in a monitor.
Also anything over 400nits is okay-ish for HDR in monitors, for TVs it's totally different.

Don't look for HDR as a criteria for monitors, If you really want good HDR in monitors then you'll have to spend a lot which is not worth it imo. SDR brightness, grey/black uniformity, colour accuracy/ gamut coverage and response times should be the things to look for in a monitor.
Also anything over 400nits is okay-ish for HDR in monitors, for TVs it's totally different.
That's the point I was trying to make why spend so much then when most of these features can be found in much cheaper monitor. ....if HDR was really good . It would have been worth the investment imo.

That's the point I was trying to make why spend so much then when most of these features can be found in much cheaper monitor. ....if HDR was really good . It would have been worth the investment imo.
Because it's a 4k 144hz monitors and they're costly.
I suggested this because it's a good monitor and with coupon it's near op's budget.

If you're okay with 4K monitor then consider this Acer Predator Xb273K 27-Inch
You can get this for 37500 with coupon and extra 1500rs off with kotak cards

Nice suggestion, but unfortunately I run a GTX 1660 Super, so 4K is out of the question atleast for now, In the future i'm planning to upgrade to an RTX card, hopefully 4K will be possible then with DLSS.
btw i'm a gamer so that's why, with a 4K monitor, 1080p will look terrible

Nice suggestion, but unfortunately I run a GTX 1660 Super, so 4K is out of the question atleast for now, In the future i'm planning to upgrade to an RTX card, hopefully 4K will be possible then with DLSS.
If you're not upgrading anytime soon then 1080 144hz monitor should be good as 1660 super is not that good in 2k gaming. If you require 2k monitor also for other purposes then it's fine.

Keep in mind, that most resolutions lower than 2560x1440 (1440p) on a 1440p monitor will not look good (poor text clarity). For example, 3840x2160 (4K) and 1920x1080 (1080p) are in ratio 2:1 so at 1080p 4 pixels on a 4K monitor will show/work as 1 pixel. So, they will still look good. At other resolutions, an odd number of pixels will have to work as 1 pixel giving poor clarity. You can check this on your current display too.
So, my advice will be to buy a 1440p monitor when you can consistently use and play games at native resolution i.e. after buying a RTX card.

Back