Suggest me a MP3 player

LaatSahab

Skilled
Need a MP3 player, with/without screen, any will do
Usage- Need it for Jogging .
Memory- 2GB a min. Expandable memmory a great plus ;)
Budget- 3-4K

I have used Creative Zen Stone, Zen and Sndisk Sansa Fuze in past. Now I want something sturdy and new.
I know that Sony's W series MP3 players look totally up for the task for the above mentioned usage but I don't want them as I intend to use my own IEMs. This is where I would also like to know about the Apple's Shuffle. Can we use our own cans with it or they have to be proprietary Apple's ?
Lemme know what to buy and where, quick. :eek:hyeah:

Sansa Clip+ is a very good option, you can get the 2GB version for under 2.2k from Pristine note and it has expandable memory option too.

raksrules said:
Sansa Clip+ is a very good option, you can get the 2GB version for under 2.2k from Pristine note and it has expandable memory option too.
+1 to sansa Clip+, its tiny, and with the clip attached, its perfect for jogging.

I would suggest the ipod shuffle. I think all MP3 players are almost the same. The output would depend on what headphones you are going to use for jogging. Most headphones would move out of place or get into your way while jogging so be sure you've got the right one.
The headphones that comes along with the ipods aren't that great and doesn't fit right. You'd probably need a good Sennheiser (Sennheiser Worldwide - Sport, Jogging, neckband headphones, PMX 80 Sport II -) for this purpose. I personally use this one and its great for jogging.

IPods are unbeatable for Apple Fanboys only!

In sheer sound quality IPods are no match to Cowon or even Sansa.

+1 for Sansa Clip+ - lightweight and awesome sound quality.

nit_the_techie said:
lol why will ring a bell

its just true that ipods are unbeatable
Well,

The Issue is that you think you are always right ,Sometimes its better to see what others are posting and then comments .What do you understand about SQ .Have the seen the SQ of Sansa .Do You know anything about rockbox etc etc .Take it a little easy when you reply to comments .I was just like this long time back .Now i take all suggestions and learn a lot of things in this process .

Well,
The Issue is that you think you are always right ,Sometimes its better to see what others are posting and then comments .What do you understand about SQ .Have the seen the SQ of Sansa .Do You know anything about rockbox etc etc .Take it a little easy when you reply to comments .I was just like this long time back .Now i take all suggestions and learn a lot of things in this process .
well do you guys mean to say that sansa is better than ipod
can somebody throw light on in what terms is sansa better and how is its sq as compared to ipod

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chiron said:
didn't you learn anything from the chicken treats thread? :p
yes i learnt that how insulting people can be

well do you guys mean to say that sansa is better than ipod

Ipod has very flat sound, where as the EQ of Cowon/Sansa is really good. Please listen to all of the listed players and make your statements. :)

Even local made/chinese Mp3 players are better than Ipod IMO.

OP, i use my Sansa Clip+ for the exact same purpose, and believe me its an absolute joy to use while jogging. If you dont find it in your place, buy it from pristine note and you'll get a year's warranty to boot.

Back