suggest me buying

sriharsha

Disciple
dear members, here's my final call for new cpu rig so please suggest.... and moderators, sorry something has gone wrong while editing. thank you for your help already...

:thanx:

PhenomII X2 555BE ~ 4.9k

Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-USB3 ~ 5.6k

2GB 1333MHz DDRIII Kingston RAM ~ 2.6k

Gigabyte Superb 460 ~ 2.2k / Corsair CX400 ~ 2.8k ( Its better to invest in a good PSU. Its not advisable to the new hardware in a 4 years old generic PSU. If you are tight on budget get a FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.6k at least. But getting a 400w PSU from a good brand will leave you more headroom to upgrade)

If u are lucky u might be able to unlock the PhenomII X2 to Quad.

AFAIK there are no USB 3.0 LGA775 socket boards for E7500.

P.S: You could have edited your post in the other thread. In the future please refrain from creating multiple threads.

1. Q: What is your budget?

20k (can extend 3k more)

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration

1. CPU - Intel p4

2. Motherboard – asrock

3. RAM – dynet 1gb

4. Monitor – samsung syc master 793s

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping

Monitor - samsung syc master 793s

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy.

1. amd Phenom 2x2 555 BE

2. Motherboard – GA-785GMT-USB3 or MSI 880GMA-E45 (which one is best? I am looking for unlocking)

3. GPU – Suggest me (After seeing DA’s guide, I m thinking of sapphire HD 4770)

4. DDR3 Ram Cossair or Transcend? (will 2gb if fine or shall I get 4gb?)

5. 500gb HDD ( which ever delivers best with above chosen MOBO)

6. Decent PSU and

7. CM elite 310 cabby...

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Final , not in any near future :p

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Bangalore / Chennai (at the end of August) suggest me shops too...

Online can be considered.

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market.

No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming(just a CASUAL gammer)

Browsing

Downloads

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Nothing such…

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?.

Strategy – rise of nations 3/ civilization 5

Racing - Grid at medium to high settings

Assassin’s creed 2/ GTA4

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage.

Gaming/desktop - 1280x1200 or little higher.

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No, but will be unlocking.

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows xp 32 bit

Queries :huh: :

? I don’t want to spend more on GPU, so please suggest me the best on board graphics mobo.
? I am at ambiguous state with MSI and GA, please tell me which one to opt for and vfm n all…

? As I m noob:rolleyes:, I am wondering why HD 5550/5570 1gb is just 4.8k while HD 4770 is 5.95k? will there be any functional difference?

:clap: :thanx:

The reason for the HD 5570 and 5550 being cheaper than the HD 4770 is that the HD 4770 is a full fledged mid range power house which was aimed at gamers and the 5 series you mentioned are only meant for light gaming and mainly HD content decoding, the performance in gaming is better if you opt for the HD 4770 even after it is aa generation old

Hope this helped :)

ALPHA17 said:
The reason for the HD 5570 and 5550 being cheaper than the HD 4770

Hope this helped :)

thank you, yes it did... so can i opt those 5570/5550 for my pc rig? both of those mobos has 4200 and 4250 on board graphics. so will that suffuse my needs?

varunversion1 said:
The onboard graphics on these mobos can be overclocked by around 90% Overclocking The Graphics Core By 90% : AMD's New 780G Chipset Has Powerful GPU so y dont u get the 4GB of ram with 1TB hdd and use the onboard gfx... u can even do a hybrid crossfire fire with a HD3450 if u really want... get a proper graphics card later... else get the 2GB ram and the 4770...

corsair 400watt PSU and a seagate 7200.12 drive should do nicely...
i have read that article, 29% of overall performance hike is some thing candy...so, with my on-board 4250, i can oc it? and can i play all recent games varun?

You should keep in mind that you're buying this rig for 24X7 downloading, in such a scenario I would always recommend not to use a graphics card. A gaming rig and a Downloading rig should be kept separate or else you can end up paying around 300-500 bucks more(in electricity bill considering a moderate gaming rig like mine) than a downloading rig every month =>(6000 every year).

Anyway I'm recommending the following configuration for you remove the graphics card if you're sure you'll be a serious 24X7 downloader,

Decent Gaming Rig :

CPU : AMD Athlon II X3 435 X3 - 435 Rs. 3600

Mobo. : GA-MA785GMT-US2H (rev. 1.3) Rs.4500

Graphics Card : ATI 5670 512MB DDR5 (if you plan on gaming < 1680x1050) Rs.5300 I'm recommending this over HD4770 as 5670 stays cooler and consumes less power when idle as compared to HD4770 and is cheaper too. Difference in gaming performance is there but noticeable only at higher resolutions.

Ram : Corsair 2gb DDR3 1333Mhz Rs.2500(I'm recommending corsair as you may need another 2gb ram afterward and to run it in dual channel you need exactly same ram[same model and chip make] and chances of finding an almost same chip are higher with corsair).

Hard Disk : WD Blue 500gb Rs.2000

Cabinet : Zebronics Bijli Rs.1100 or CM Elite Rs.1600

SMPS : Gigabyte Superb 460 Rs.2200 or Corsair VX400 Rs.2700(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you can increase your budget)

Total Amount = Rs.21200 (latest prices as of today these keep on changing)

DOWNLOADING Rig - If you're planning to let go of gaming :( you should buy a similar rig as suggested by DarkAngel :

CPU : AMD Phenom II X2 555BE(3.2Ghz, 2 cores, 6MB L3 Cache) Rs.4900

Mobo : Gigabyte GA-785GMT-USB3 or MSI 880GMA-E45(MSI PREFERRED as it has SATAIII) Rs.5600

Ram : Gskill/Corsair 2gb DDR3 1333Mhz Rs.2500

SMPS : Corsair VX400 Rs.2700

CABBY : CM Elite Rs.1600

HDD : WD Blue 500gb Rs.2000

Total Amount = Rs.19300[this is a much better rig except for gaming, even after OC'ing onboard you cannot play games like GRID on it as you need high FPS for sports games]

P.S. - The games you've mentioned like GRID etc. and newer game wont be able to run properly with the downloading config.

@aman.pitbull

woahhh... that was really nice answer sir, thank you so much!, coming to the computer, yes, i m ready to give up the downloading thing rather gaming.

varun suggested me that, to go for HD 3450, where i can do hybrid cross fire and ocing... now, how it will be?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^ +1 for MSI,

^ +1 for hybridcross fire HD 3450

Hybrid crossfire and such is only if u do some very casual gaming and want to mainly use it as a dl rig... if u wanna do anything more than that u definitely need a proper gfx card like the 5670... which is a pretty good deal for around 5k... Try to squeeze it into ur budget... get a cheapo case if u have to as all the components suggested take up very little space... the 5670 doesnt even need any additional power connectors... in bangalore there are a lot of iball cases available for very less.. some look pretty decent... dont use the power supply they come with though.... get atleast an FSP saga 350W minimum... Go for the Phenom BE 555 as well cuz its overall an amazing proccy... and unlocks if ur lucky...

+1 with Darkangel. The configuration is best and will surve you well.
Since you want to go for heavy downloading than a good PSU will result in better efficiency and low in electric bill.
For GFX 5670 is good deal and will fullfill your gaming needs. As per the OS, Xp is good but also give a try to win7.

If your buget is tight, just mod your old case. Paint it, add few fans for good air flow. It will be a great fun too.

rakesh_sharma23 said:
+1 with Darkangel. The configuration is best and will surve you well.

Since you want to go for heavy downloading than a good PSU will result in better efficiency and low in electric bill.

For GFX 5670 is good deal and will fullfill your gaming needs. As per the OS, Xp is good but also give a try to win7.

If your buget is tight, just mod your old case. Paint it, add few fans for good air flow. It will be a great fun too.
thank you dear rakesh,

gaming has got greater preference than downloading now. however, my gaming is at native resolution like, 1024 x 1200 or something... and, will my onboard gpu still functions normal, when i add a new gpu?

please tell me, the cost of GFX 5670 (is it Nvidia?) and please comment about the MSI mobo too...( in comparison with gigabytes' as DA mentioned)

regards...

harsha

ALPHA17 said:
Where how I saw the price of HD 5670 in Bangalore as 7K not including tax
thank you alpha... its a great help... i will be buying that in august .... mostly at golccha... any suggestions regarding the shop??

rakesh_sharma23 said:
On board will be normal, but a gfx will refect in good gaming experience.
An ATI 5670 costs some what close to 5k.

sriharsha said:
thank you alpha... its a great help... i will be buying that in august .... mostly at golccha... any suggestions regarding the shop??

If you are buying from Golccha make it look you are buying otherwise that guy has a very big ego against window shoppers and will not give you a good deal

ALPHA17 said:

Guess u are talking about the 1GB version. Even then its a rip off as it sells for ~6.5k VAT inclusive in Mumbai and Delhi.

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/ati-nvidia-gfx-cards-best-prices-159887.html

Check this thread for the price of 512MB GDDR5 HD5670. Prices are VAT inclusive.

BIOSTAR Radeon HD5670 1GB PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card 6,400.00

Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1GB PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card 6,200.00
Sapphire Radeon HD5670 512MB PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card 5,000.00

MSI Radeon R5670-PMD1G 1GB PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card 6,500.00

The HD5670 has a 128-bit bus. Low-mid range card and there is not much of a performance difference between the 512MB and 1GB version (~2-3% max)

@ darkangel, from the above, which one should i choose? Sapphire Radeon HD 5670(512mb) or as you mentioned HD 4770? and will I get synergistic effect with the on board GPU and Latter added ones?

thank you every one... so this will be my final CPU rig. Is this fine? or am i missing anything vital? thank you once again...

processor phenom 555 BE Rs 5.o k

motherboard MSI 880 GMA-E45 RS 5.6k

Corsair 2gb DDR3 1333Mhz Rs.2500

GPU HD5670(512 MB) Rs.5k

WD Blue 500gb Rs.2025

CM Elite 310 Rs.1500

Corsair VX400 Rs.2700 or shall i go for Gigabyte Superb 460 ~ 2.2k

total 24.4k

Back