Audio Suggest me good 5.1 speaker system ~15k

Apocalyp5e

The End is Nigh
Disciple
I want to buy 5.1 speaker system which will be mostly used for listening music and watching movies, since I prefer gaming with my steel-series.

My room size is 14X10.

I did some research and came up with

Logitech z906 - ~ 15k

Edifier DA 5000 Pro ~ 13k

F&D F6000 ~ 8.5k

Creative T6160 ~ ??

Logitech z506 - ~5k

Logitech Z623 ~ 8k

Let me know which one is best value for money. z906 is good but no dedicated tweeters
<

some more info

I prefer tight and strong bass

I don't have sound card (thinking of getting asus xonar stx but later
<
)

As I am located in pune please let me know some place where i can have audition of mentioned speakers.

If music is the priority over movies or games, a stereo setup would always be better than 2.1 or 5.1 setups. Most stereo setups have woofers which provide adequate bass and some others offer an option to connect a sub. Audioengine 5 for instance.

z906 is good but no dedicated tweeters
<

The mid-range drivers in the satellites should be sufficient for the average home user. JFTR the Z5500 had similar one-way drivers.

I don't have sound card (thinking of getting asus xonar stx but later
<
)

You don't need one. You can use the digital out port on your motherboard to drive the system.

Gannu thanks for advice, any personal favorite in the list ?

I am a bit more inclined towards 5.1
<
i can always turn off the satellites in case i need 2.1 right.

what you say z905 vs Edifier DA5000 pro. Z5500 is EOL and its costing like 22k :

Don't go by the MRP. The unit retails around the 14k mark which is a fair price for a system that has 3 digital inputs. Will take care of 2 consoles and a PC or a standalone media player with ease.

Thanks for the replies

Really nice price, just compared the wattage

C6 is having RMS 8W x 5 + 30W x 1 = 70W RMS - having FM tuner is great the control unit is big
<

DA 5000 Pro RMS 12W x 3 + 6W x 2 + 60W x 1 = 108 RMS - I think this one is having better bass then C6

But Z906 RMS 67WX5 + 165WX1 = 500W RMS - I think it will beat the crap out of edifier speakers in terms of sheer power, other then that 906 are THX certified, Don't know about SQ though. I think I should got with these.

How much difference in z506 and z906 SQ (I know its not fair to pit 906 with 506 but just curious )

Do not blindly go by the THX logo and RMS ratings on the units. There are systems which do not boast of all these and yet performs way superior to them.

Besides, THX is a standard or a set of specifications just like the ISO 9001 certifications given to an organisation. It does not not say anything about the quality of the organisation, in this case the sound quality of the speakers. It can perform well or bad. As long as the organisation/speakers meets the specifications laid out by ISO 9001/THX standards, it is given the chappa! That is IT! The company is paid by Logitech or the relevant manufacturer to inspect their product and get that logo, that is all.

Thanks a lot for replies
<

I checked Edifier S550 and that seems really good, only downside is connectivity which is only analog. I think i saw it for 20K

What your take on Edifier S550

Back