Audio Suggest me IEM within 2.5 K

tech.addict

Skilled
I want to buy a pair of IEM within 2.5K (max). Currently listening to PL-11.

To be used with Sansa Clip.

Points to be considered are:

i) NOT extra bassy/boomy sound

ii) prefers a more neutral output without any emphasis to any particular frequency range

iii) wide soundstage with clarity is preferred.

iv) good result without requiring an amp.

I'm considering Brainwavz M1/ M2 or RE2. Though M2 may be be out of my budget. But feel free to add your suggestions.

So, suggest me some alongwith Indian availability.

M2 is retailing for 50$ which fits perfectly under your budget if your order it directly from MP4nation.net. Otherwise if you dont mind spending another 300-400 bucks order it from Lynx India.

^^ Thanks

But first let me know if my choices are right or if there is anything better in this range.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One query:

Which one to consider between M2 and RE2?

Keep M1 aside , Look for M2 and RE2 , both are VFM for there price ranges . RE2 a lil less in bass if compared to M2 , but then very neutral sound , vocals amazing in specially bollywood music (female vocals and a few songs of rahet fateh ali khan ) sound ossom . Now all depends on price , if u strict about 2.5k , then look for a used M2 , if can add a few more bucks then go for new M2's . And if u r starting with the IEM's journey , and wish to have the best bet , then go with the VFM RE2 , New one @ Rs 1885 , and used in range of 1.3k-1.4k .

You wont be disappointed with either of them :)

^ It is.

@ OP , M2 has lot more bass than M1 , M1 has more bass than RE-2. Here's how I would rate them overall.

Bass - M2>>M1>RE-2

Midrange - M2>M1=RE2

Treble - M2 >RE2>M1

If you want lot of tight medium heavy super tight bass , for genres like hip-hop,electronica etc then you need M2. If you want medium punchy bass very good impact then M1 and if you are ohk with light bass then RE-2.

The M2 is way better than RE-2as well as M1, whereas the RE-2 and M1 are almost of same levels.

Once shipped it can take anywhere between 5-45 days to reach you, depending on how long customs takes to clear the package. Usually most of my package come within 15 days. The last one surprisingly reached in 5 days :p.

The $50 (~2.2k) price is via mp4nation, he bought it from Lynx for ~2.8k and his M2 wont require you to ship it to mp4nation to get them RMA'ed, Amarbir will take care of that.

^ +1 . He bought it for 2.8k with 1 year local warranty so 2.6k is a good price for it .If you can spend and don't want to wait for too long pick up from Lynx or this used deal. If you wan an absolute killer deal and want save money , buy it from MP4nation for 49$.

I wouldn't really worry about warranty with these , they are built like a tank :D

I'll probably order it from MP4Nation and save some money - only thing is the uncertainty of delivery (losing the package in FPO /Customs) - do they use a trackable mail service?

I think the free shipping has no or limited tracking but if the package is lost or not delivered at all they will refund you or ship it again .Only in one extreme case where the Sflo 2 package was filled with some tea leaves by customs/postal authorities , MP4nation denied a refund/replacement to the buyer cause they found it hard to digest that something like this can happen in India.

be wary of indian customs and indian postal services ....they can delay you and they can digest your product , respectively :p

M2 are great but MP4 nation's service is not. i mean i for some reason it goes back to HK ( as mine did ) and because of the delay ou want to cancel it then ( as i wanted to ) they will deduct some amount for shipping charges ( which they proudly call free shipping) and then you will have to pay extra to get them shipped again ( as i did)

Its not $50 with free shipping , its $50 with shipping included....there's a difference between the two.

I paid extra $18 for EMS shipping , it returned back to HK for some reason that they were unable to tell me( i know the address was right)

then when i asked for a refund ( as i had ordered HM-602 by then ) they told me that , if i wanted to cancel, they will deduct $35 thats the EMS price.

I did not want that and i asked to send it again this time via basic free mail( as the EMS order was also stuck in the customs for 20 days), but to my surprise, they told me i will have to pay $15 more for basic airmail and 35 for EMS if i wanted them to be shiped again , finally i bargained somewhat and gave them 10 more for airmail shipping.

^ Its entry level stuff with lot of bass ,decent mids and treble and a good soundstage compared to its competitors. Nothing even close to the category of RE-2,M1 or M2.

Back