Budget 20-25K Suggest mobile under 20k (+/- 5k) (Prime Day sale)

TigerKing

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-25k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Any

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Any android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Battery, Network Connectivity and Camera,
Performance more are better from Samsung M21

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Any Dual Sim.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Buying on Amazon Prime Day Sale only. or Flipkart if good mobile suggested.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Battery = 6000+ mAh (same or bettery than M21)
or battery backup should be on higher side compared to Samsung M21.
Basically it should be same or better than Samsung M21 in every specification.
No UI lag please.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung M21 is used by 60+ year old.
I don't know what to suggest to her.

Last edited:
You can consider just launched Samsung Galaxy M34 5G.
It will be available for sale from 15th July on Amazon at a price of Rs 16,999 for 6+128GB variant.
There is a pre booking offer for Prime Members wherein you can pre book by paying 999 and will get Samsung 25 Watt Charger free. (Phone comes without charger)

You can consider just launched Samsung Galaxy M34 5G.
It will be available for sale from 15th July on Amazon at a price of Rs 16,999 for 6+128GB variant.
There is a pre booking offer for Prime Members wherein you can pre book by paying 999 and will get Samsung 25 Watt Charger free. (Phone comes without charger)
So, ₹999 + ₹16999 = ₹17998 right.
So ₹999 for 25 watt charger..
Not checked deal though.
Any other card offer to combine? For m34

Also any near 20k and 25k device suggestions.
Oppo, Vivo, realme, iqoo, redmi etc etc

Poco F5 is a beast in its price range. You can go for it (I know about the dead motherboard issue , but it was only in poco X3). Remove bloatware and it will be a great phone . With card offer you can get it for 27k and if you have an old phone you can get it even lower.

If you don't want Chinese phones, you can go for Moto Edge 40. That's a great phone too.

Samsung phones are great in the premium segment but are very bad in budget segment. I feel M34 will lag after a year or so.

Poco F5 is a beast in its price range. You can go for it (I know about the dead motherboard issue , but it was only in poco X3). Remove bloatware and it will be a great phone . With card offer you can get it for 27k and if you have an old phone you can get it even lower.

If you don't want Chinese phones, you can go for Moto Edge 40. That's a great phone too.

Samsung phones are great in the premium segment but are very bad in budget segment. I feel M34 will lag after a year or so.
Motorola is owned by Lenovo, so is Chinese. Samsung M34 & NP1 might be the only good non-Chinese alternatives. Nothing is headquartered in London, even though Carl Pei is Chinese.

Moving from M21 to M34 will be relativel easy for old aged people. Do disable gestures.

Motorola is owned by Lenovo, so is Chinese. Samsung M34 & NP1 might be the only good non-Chinese alternatives. Nothing is headquartered in London, even though Carl Pei is Chinese
I'm sorry, I meant if OP wants a phone with no ads and tracking, buy Moto Edge 40.

Moving from M21 to M34 will be relativel easy for old aged people. Do disable gestures.
Yes, the transition will be easy, but I feel M34 lags after couple of security updates.

With Samsung as you will get 3 to 4 yrs Android Update and monthly Security patches, Samsung security check & accidental touch protection may hamper loading speed etc. You will enjoy latest Android software for NEXT 3 to 4 yrs. (100% sure), hardly anyone can beat Samsung in photo/image quality, as per price point (my personal thinking)

Motorola now Chinese brand, good with sleek/slim design & STOCK Android, I personally found stock android very very boring + either very .. very slow update or NO update at all (check before you buy)

Motorola is owned by Lenovo, so is Chinese. Samsung M34 & NP1 might be the only good non-Chinese alternatives. Nothing is headquartered in London, even though Carl Pei is Chinese.

Does M series have cheap parts ? I have M30s and M21 within family. M21 gave bootloop issue recently and mobile repair guy said 'Hard disk issue'. Had to replace something for around 4k. He said its very common issue with M series and costs 8k+ with samsung support.

M30s, which was bought few months earlier, is working fine - 3 years i think.

Does M series have cheap parts ? I have M30s and M21 within family. M21 gave bootloop issue recently and mobile repair guy said 'Hard disk issue'. Had to replace something for around 4k. He said its very common issue with M series and costs 8k+ with samsung support.

my samsung m21 also have bootloop issue. currently it's almost dead it only turns on when the charger is plugged on but that too stuck on charging logo while switched off. I believe samsung's best phones are only A and S series. Just ordered IQOO Z7 today

M34 promises 4 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates. It has monster battery and another Samsung phone powered by same CPU (A53) scored V good results in battery test of GSM arena.
Price is 16999/- net of Card discounts. The Advance pre-booking amount of Rs. 999/- will be Refunded as Amazon Pay Balance.

Poor notch design & poor SoC are the 2 places where it cut the cost most but 4 OS updates is something that even Pixels or many other flagships don't offer, so there's that as well.

For non-gaming usage, M34 should be fine. I can't predict if it will lag after 4 years or develop random hardware issues. My cousin's M51 developed flickering display issue now after almost 3 years. Another cousin has M30s /M31 which is working fine even now.

most of phone starting issue ONLY after a fall, without any upper damage or crack or dent you may took it as normal or general fall but no one know how hard it hit to hardware/display.

Last edited:
OP, M34 has the same processor as A53. I suggest you to read long term reviews of A53 in Samsung subreddit. Lots of users are facing lag issue for day to day tasks after 6 - 9 months. Please read them and decide.

Poor notch design & poor SoC are the 2 places where it cut the cost most but 4 OS updates is something that even Pixels or many other flagships don't offer, so there's that as well.

For non-gaming usage, M34 should be fine. I can't predict if it will lag after 4 years or develop random hardware issues. My cousin's M51 developed flickering display issue now after almost 3 years. Another cousin has M30s /M31 which is working fine even now.
Dont really care for soc stuff too much, i don't game on phones.
M30s is fast enough for me, never had any issue. Good battery and screen. Don't like audio port placement.

Not sure if i will buy Samsung again if hardware is not reliable ( as per repair guy ).

Dont really care for soc stuff too much, i don't game on phones.
M30s is fast enough for me, never had any issue. Good battery and screen. Don't like audio port placement.

Not sure if i will buy Samsung again if hardware is not reliable ( as per repair guy ).
Not like you have many good options, esp considering after sales & issues. Samsung generally has the cheapest spare part prices & top after sales network. Xiaomi has its set of QC issues as well. You can only hope nothing goes wrong, usually phones don't develop issues for 2-3 years.

Decided not to purchase any at the moment.

Also, budget is fluctuating now from 15k to 30k.
Requirement slightly changed to Camera (good selfie and rear), 5G
No heat and smooth UI (no lag in UI), no gaming.
I will update main post and heading accordingly.

Some of the suggestions made by others, friends
After watching this video

under 20k-
Samsung Galaxy M34 - heating issue (high temperature region), low end processor, discount isn't great, price should be below 15k.
Iqoo Z7 - good camera but poor software experience, suggested by telegram user
Realme GT neo 3T - flipkart sale sometimes

under 25k-
Poco f4 5G -

under 30k-
Samsung Galaxy F54 - heating issue (high temperature region)
Nord 3 - by same relative

under 30k-35k-
Samsung S21FE - suggested by telegram user
Iqoo Neo 7 pro - overall great. but little bad camera compared to nord 3.

I will wait more for new mobile launches.

Last edited:
Back