Suggest motherboard for i3

SumitB

Adept
I am looking for a motherboard for a new i3 540 Clarkdale processor I am about to order. I have a specific requirement for the board that it should have the digital co-ax out for audio in the back panel. I don't need an onboard GPU as I am already getting a GT430. Ideally, I need a good mainboard with a budget as low as possible.

The other components going in this build are:
i3 540 Clarkdale Processor (to be ordered)
2x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
320GB Western Digital Blue SATA Hard Drive

Also, I need suggestions for any dealer/retailer who may have the Passive Cooled Zotac GT430 GPU in stock.

Your suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks for looking. :clap:

Hades. said:
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 ~ Rs. 6350... This is the best budget board wid co axial port...
Thank you Hades. Do you know of any retailer who might be having this in stock in India?

Also, any idea about the passive cooled Zotac GT430?

Call Rahul(TheITWares) and check... :) he must b having this board...

Why are u going wid GT430? buy HD5670 instead... it is much more powerful and VFM... :)

I want the Nvidia board as I need the 1.4 HDMI connector for 3D. Not that I am getting a 3D TV now. Just for the feel good factor :p

Rahul's phone was off in the evening. I left him a pm yesterday but he did not respond. Will try again tomorrow.

SumitB said:
I want the Nvidia board as I need the 1.4 HDMI connector for 3D. Not that I am getting a 3D TV now. Just for the feel good factor :p

Rahul's phone was off in the evening. I left him a pm yesterday but he did not respond. Will try again tomorrow.
Last time when i inquired about this board... most dealer had told me that this board has discontinued... And IMO this board is really hard to find... :( Even i wanted this board when i was building my rig but i ended up buying an H55M-S2H for 6.8K :(

Damn :p actually i quoted a wrong post :p...

I am talking about Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard... it is very hard to find... if u get one u'll b very lucky... :)... And BTW can u tell me how much is ur budget for the board?

I don't know, I have a quote of 5100/- for the processor. I think I can spare upto 7000/- for the board. The cheaper the better :p

Thank you neojjjk.

@Hades: If the P55M-UD2 is not available, what do I need to get? I really need the digital coax out for audio else my AVR will not work with the system which is unacceptable.

If u dont get the above mentioned board then buy MSI P55-GD65 ~ 7.5 to 7.9k... in some cities it is selling for 6.8k... :) This is a really great board comes wid plethora of accessories... has 2 PCI-E x16(x8+x8)... it is SLI + CFX compatible... has Co axial port too... Call Anuj(SMC International) he must b having this board... call him and checkout the price as sandy bridge processors and boards have arrived he may sell u this board for 7k :)

Review: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/msi_p55gd65/

@OP : Dont you think the 430 will be a tad underpowered for the money you are spending on it ? I mean something more powerful could to the job better ? Could I know why you are insisting on a GT430 , are there any advantages to the gpu compared to the other offerings at the same price point ? I'm not forcing you into a conclusion , just want to know about why a GT430 when there are far better cards in the market for the same price.

TYIA

@l33t: The GT430 is a card most widely advised to go in for if you're building a HTPC which is the intended use of my build. It is the most future proof card considering that it supports 3D over HDMI and does bitstreaming. The other card I would have gone in for would be the HD5450 but it does not support HDMI 1.4 and thus no 3D.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys, thank you for all the recommendations. Now one final dilemma that you need to solve for me. I am thinking of ordering the Cooler Master Elite 360 to serve as the HTPC case for this. I know that the mainboard P55-GD65 will fit in the case, but will this case be able to accommodate the MSI GT430 GPU as well?

Hades. said:
If u dont get the above mentioned board then buy MSI P55-GD65 ~ 7.5 to 7.9k... in some cities it is selling for 6.8k... :) This is a really great board comes wid plethora of accessories... has 2 PCI-E x16(x8+x8)... it is SLI + CFX compatible... has Co axial port too... Call Anuj(SMC International) he must b having this board... call him and checkout the price as sandy bridge processors and boards have arrived he may sell u this board for 7k :)

Review: MSI P55-GD65 Review - Overclockers Club
Hades, which retailer in which city is selling the MSI board for 6.8K? Details will be appreciated.

This is originally posted by Marcus Fenix:

Marcus Fenix said:
check this out

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/price-updates-from-nehru-place-delhi-137835-45.html

maddu5731

View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

^ yes, m going to buy the buy following components soon...

intel core i5 760:- 9500 c2c

zotac gtx 460 768mb:- 11000 c2c

msi p55 gd65:- 6500 smc

kingston 2X2 gb 1333 mhz ram:- 3800 smc

also enquired about benq g2220 but is not available anywhere in NP, I think it is discontinued now...

^^ Wow!

SMC does not have the stock. Trying to ping ITWares and see if its available with them. I have 3 choices for the board now, MSI P55-GD65 Mainboard OR Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 OR Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L. I don't know which will be available. Lets see.

Even the Cooler Master Elite 360 is not in stock with anyone. However, I have got hold of a retailer in Guwahati who is supposed to get this for me on the 28th. Lets see how it goes.

Back