Suggest some FPS games--old ones.

nRiTeCh

Skilled
After some time found some time for timepass gaming.

So looking for some FPS action but which my rig can handle.

Dont need any latest releases but older ones will do just fine---a year or two earlier versions.

Already have played & done with cod, mohaa, crysis, farcry, half life, doom, quake series.

So suggest more series to try for. Doesnt matter if I have to start from first version.

Also not interested to play with eye candy and on high resolutions. Mid to low settings are just fine.

Last edited:
Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior, Serious Sam Remastered for some old school run and gun. Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood, The Darkness II, Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux.

Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior, Serious Sam Remastered for some old school run and gun. Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood, The Darkness II, Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux.
Hard reset seems similar to quake/doom. Done with Wolfenstein and have already started hating it since past version.
Metro series completed too.

I'm interested in Serious Sam but whats with this Remastered?? There aint any remastered edition but if you an help me with it??[DOUBLEPOST=1439234185][/DOUBLEPOST]Downloading battlefield 4...

More suggestions keep coming in....

Last edited:
half life 2, portal 1&2, unreal tournament 2k4, dead space, f.e.a.r., prey.
want to suggest mass effect & splinter cell series too but they're 3rd person view.

Serious Sam 1 and 2 HD edition, they are the same game with updated textures and graphics and some other gameplay improvements. Which Wolfenstein did you play? The New Order was one of the most well reviewed shooter of 2014, I thought it was pretty good. There's also CSGO if you are into competitive shooters.

from a few years back - syndicate (if its on PC; shooting-mechanics very realistic; nightclub-level ost is cool); battlefield: bad company 1 & 2, bulletstorm, FEAR series, 'brothers in arms' series (much recommended!), turok, rainbow six: vegas 1 & 2, borderlands 1 & 2 (couch co-op), mirror's edge (!!), timeshift, the darkness 1 & 2, riddick series (both games have similar shooting-mechanics), prey, rage (though the story would sorely disappoint you), fallout 3 & new vegas

very old - 'soldier of fortune' series, shogo: mobile armored division (my 3rd FPS :p), NOLF 1 & 2, mechwarrior series, vietcong series ('eve of destruction' as ost in 1st part!), XIII (13), delta force series (!!), unreal (not the tournament series), project igi 1 & 2, painkiller 1, will rock ('i wanna rock!'), and special mention to two TPS - 'armed & dangerous'!, and 'max payne matrix/kung-fu edition'

many more, but can't immediately recall now...

Last edited:
Boy you went old school. I still remember blowing a dude's leg off with a shotgun in SoF, it was wicked cool, first time I had seen localized damage effects. Too bad we don't see that anymore. Blow up a guy with a tank in Battlefield and that guy just falls down and dies. Chopping people in half in Witcher 3 is super awesome though.

Boy you went old school. I still remember blowing a dude's leg off with a shotgun in SoF, it was wicked cool, first time I had seen localized damage effects. Too bad we don't see that anymore. Blow up a guy with a tank in Battlefield and that guy just falls down and dies. Chopping people in half in Witcher 3 is super awesome though.

'old-school' is my other name! :D
i had the exact same visual in my mind while suggesting SoF! i think it was at the beginning of the game - you are in a subway station/tunnel; walk forward and climb the stairs, cross a small overhead bridge, and as you turn around the right corner, 'bam!' opens a door behind you revealing a tango with a gun, and then 'bang!' you part the sorry fool of his leg the next instant with your shotgun! this and the scream that he bellows then were epic and very gratifying, and marked the beginning of a terrific game(play) to come ahead! :blackalien:
haven't played witcher 3. have been reeling under a mountain of old and new games waiting and long overdue to be played. :hungover:

Last edited:
HλLF-LIFE
HλLF-LIFE - OPPOSING FORCE
HλLF-LIFE - BLUE SHIFT
HλLF-LIFE 2 - EPISODE 1 & 2
DUKE NUKEM (Series)
WOLFEINSTEIN (Series)
BIOSHOCK
QUAKE
HITMAN
DOOM
HALO