Suggest tablet -budget 10K

alive hunter

Disciple
Hi,

i need to buy a tablet
Budget : 10K
Use: Multimedia, movies, HDMI connet to TV, ebooks.

Please suggest.

Rgds
AH

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Also browse internet using 3G

assuming u have a smartphone with 3g and bluetooth u can tether to playbook and surf
for your stated needs its great

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

only real problem is u need infrastructure mode wifi for updates and bb app world
ps sideloading doesn't need wifi

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

also checkout the playbook thread in general portables sub forum
and the crackberry site.....
Hardware wise its miles ahead of anything at similar price

Would suggest to go with BB Playbook.

However, if you are on a strict budget and need something cheaper, look no further than the Micromax Funbook (Android - ICS, you would however need to flash to custom for better performance). However, a piece of advice before you think of getting it :

1. Pathetic ASS. There are only 2 service centres for the whole of Mumbai. That itself means how shitty it is.
2. Build quality not upto mark. My battery got dislodged from inside and started pushing against back cover. It looked as if the battery was bulging.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

And to get HDMI out, a mini HDMI to Full size converter/adapter will be needed ~ around 2/3 USD from ebay.com. Plus it has USB OTG support too. Cost wise, 6.5k, online available for as low as 5.8K to 6.2K. No bluetooth support too.

Well. Tell me what screen size you prefer and I'll cook up a budget tablets list under 10k with Android 4.0 ICS (and the powerful Alwinner A10 Chipset in them)

7" or 10" ?

Well. Tell me what screen size you prefer and I'll cook up a budget tablets list under 10k with Android 4.0 ICS (and the powerful Alwinner A10 Chipset in them)

7" or 10" ?

Don't mean to hijack this thread, 10" suggestions ? Budget 12-14K ? 3G sim slot would be an added bonus !

I have an iPad 1 16GB WiFi ready for Sale.
Mint Condition, Free Belkin Ergo Grip Case(1.5K) and Apple USB cable
Expecting 10K

Will create a thread today eve. If you are in Hyderabad and are Interested, PM me.!

I recently reviewed the Onda Vi40 tablet..its got a 10" IPS screen and an aluminium back..very similar to the original iPad..costs 14k..here is the review link..
http://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=6909.0

On it right now. Thanks!

I have an iPad 1 16GB WiFi ready for Sale.
Mint Condition, Free Belkin Ergo Grip Case(1.5K) and Apple USB cable
Expecting 10K

Will create a thread today eve. If you are in Hyderabad and are Interested, PM me.!

Already own an iPad 2. Needed an Android tab just to get a feel on the big screen. Thanks.

^ that tab will be selling for around 22k by the time it reaches india. indian prices for tabs are almost around 10-15k higher than US prices.

Edit: does anyone have an experience/review of iBerry tablet? seems to have 1.2GHz cortex a8 processor and 1Gb ddr3 ram. 4 gb flash and around 7.7k on HS18. it has ics4 i think.

^ that tab will be selling for around 22k by the time it reaches india. indian prices for tabs are almost around 10-15k higher than US prices.

Edit: does anyone have an experience/review of iBerry tablet? seems to have 1.2GHz cortex a8 processor and 1Gb ddr3 ram. 4 gb flash and around 7.7k on HS18. it has ics4 i think.

the iberry is crap,one of my mate in class has it and it is just a terrible,terrible piece of hardware.if you want a entry level tablet then in my honest opinion,the playbook scores very high in what a tablet is expected to perform.all sub 10 k android devices are crap and when i was looking for one to replace the headunit in my car,only the samsung tab which retailed at around 10 odd k was decent enough to give some sort of functionality and to enjoy the android experience.

i don't think the nexus will be priced at that a premium.it should be around 13 to 15 k.but as we all know,the market may throw a freakin surprise.

Back