Suggest the best router with inbuilt support for uTorrent Downloads?

Infected

Skilled
Hi,

I no longer like to keep my PC on for obvious reasons to only download from uTorrent.
Many of you guys are using other devices like NAS and routers with torrent extensions etc to download, can you guys please recommend me one, and/or forward me to some website that guide me to do this.

I am mostly looking for a uTorrent downloader, with WiFi but the WiFi dont need to be that good just the priority is stated as the topic. But it need to have a good software, or should be easy to configure.

Also my budget for this is not limitless I believe I should get a good enough one for less than 5K, isn't that a health budget for this?

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.
Have a nice day.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

69 views and no help...
Someone please help a noob here....I can see the thread above with ASUS ...supporting DD-WRT but its all going over the top. I am not lokoing to start updating firmware right out of the box, thats why staying away from it...Is my budget too low? Whats the deal here folks...Nothing too user friendly available yet?

^^ I did go thru that thread...Still confused...
Just a cheap netbook and external HDD seems best right now but investment wise it a lot more....

Belkin Play Max router (5.5K) + DDWRT Firmware + 500 GB / 1000 GB HDD (Portable) and ur good to go...

U torrent may not work ... but Transmission works... and its supported by almost all major private trackers..

Cheap Net Book + HDD is not a perfectly standalone solution... also u may go for a cheaper routers with 100M ports and G only and save another 2K

Alternative option is Buffalo Linkstation Live CHL NAS or WD My Book world edition

cheers,
Shashank

@shashank_r_t

Thanks for sharing Belkin Play Max router.

If person has Asus N13U B1 & can be flashed with DD WRT.

Do you think Belkin Play Max would be better then that ?

Praks said:
@shashank_r_t
Thanks for sharing Belkin Play Max router.

If person has Asus N13U B1 & can be flashed with DD WRT.

Do you think Belkin Play Max would be better then that ?

Yes... ASUS N13U B1 is a good option if u dont need gigabit LAN ports & N+ (5ghz) wireless (which seems to be case from OP)

Belkin Play Max has additional bells & whistles like 4 gigabit Lan, 2 USb ports, MIMO, simultaneous 2.4 & 5 ghz and a very crappy firmware :p (PITA without the DDWRT)
Both ASUS N13U B1 and Belkin Play max are in diff category so decide based on ur requirement.

my two cents.

asus rtn13u b1 @2800 flashed to dd-wrt f/w

external hdd of your choice

and you well under 5k. i am sure this aint the most powerful setup but sure is a very optimal setup for the task at hand. i just configured one for a friend last night and the ease of setting it up is super.

Belkin has poor support from dd wrt so decide taking that into consideration, atm Asus RT-N13U B1 is the best bet

^ I think Asus RT-N13U B1 supports only FAt32 files, it lets you download only file size below 4gb,,, atleast thats the case with me :(

This Router's the best in its class, offers wide range, but the Asus downloader and its UI is so premature .

^ I have modified the above script to match the requirements and native ext3 filesystem is coming in few days so no startup script to mount the drives.

If you can get /jffs partition i copy over the filesystem modules from /jffs and then mount the drive.Ext3 Builtin in dd wrt is still not confirmed have been chasing developers for it

Was thinking of buying the ASUS RT N16 for this purpose.

I had heard that the default torrent client allows 6 simultaneous sessions. Is there such a limitation with ddwrt + transmission ?

Back