PC Peripherals Suggest UPS for PC, Wimax and Wifi router

Hi,

Please suggest UPS with required Wattage n average price it would cost for all together. I need to maintain the desktop pc, Wifi router and the Wimax receiver for an around 15-30 mins.

Also preferable if suggestions regarding shops in Bangalore is also given! :D

It would be helpful if you can state your budget as well

Recently picked up a 1kva ups for 6.1k, gives about 15 mins backup for my pc so 25-30 should be possible for you

else you can go for the APC 1.1kva UPS for about 5.2k but this does not have any software monitoring if you want auto shut down/boot-up on power resume feature. also the backup time with this is slightly less

If these are too high for your budget then get a microtek 1kva ups, should be about 3.5kish

@OP: does the PC have a CRT or LCD display?

For around 15 mins of backup, I suppose an 800VA UPS is a bare minimum assuming you've an LCD. CRT displays drink and drain battery juice soon.

Brands - Powercom, APC etc.

You haven't mentioned if the display is LCD or CRT! :p

Besides, for a budget <4k and ~20 mins of backup, I dont think APC would fit the bill, period!

I'd suggest enquiring how much the Powercom 100VA UPS is..
Product details: Welcome to AsiaPower Com

Contact details:
25/51Railway Parallel Rd.,Nehru Nagar,
Kumara Park (W),
Bangalore 560020. INDIA

Tel : 080-41241280 / 9845017761
Email: bangalore@asiapowercom.com

If its expensive, try getting in touch with Powersafe. They make some decent UPS'..

Product details: Longer Backup UPS without AVR :: Uninterruptible Power Systems :: Powersafe UPS :: Kunhar Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Contact details:
Mr. Jagannath / Mr. Manjunath
KPPL-Bangalore, #7, 1st Cross, Sampangi,
Rama Nagar, Bangalore

Tel : 080-41142565
Email : pronetsupport@kunhar.com

unfortunately Powercom is as expensive as APC, i got a quote for 5.5k for a 1kva powercom from Nilesh of Apex, which i belive is the lowest you can find anywhere, they being the distys

Id recommend the 1.1kva APC for 5.2k or if thats too much then 800VA APC for about 3k+ although the latter would only give you about 10-12 mins of backup depending on your pc configuration

else get any generic 1kva one, microtek/powersafe

Back