Video Suggest VFM 32" TV - SONY or SAMSUNG?

amar7

Disciple
Hi,

I want to purchase a 32" LCD TV next week - but confused with so many models/features/brands :( I am little inclined towards samsung though...

Please suggest me what to buy.. My budget is ~30k.

Also, can anyone tell me what is the difference between local and branded sofa-sets? I have seen DURIAN sofa-setscosting around ~30k but similar stuff (with almost same comfort) is available locally for ~20k..!

Thanks

I did a lot of research on this for the past month and found Samsung PQ really good...

The models worth considering are:

1. Samsung 27" LED TV---> if u want a LED TV, It has great PQ and is Full HD, though only 27"

An elegant blend of practicality and performance - UA27D5000NR - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG --->29k

2. The simple way to live in Full HD. - LA32D580K4R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG --> This one is around 32-33k

3. Enhance and optimise the potential of your digital devices - LA32D550K1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG ---> 30k

Goto any retail brand and check the PQ yourself and decide.

Personally I feel that the Samsung LED TV had better PQ than the LCD counterparts, If ur sure about 32" then get the 580 one.

akhurana said:
i bought toshiba 32av800e ..for nearly half of ur budget :)

Its a nice TV, saw it in a Delhi showroom, but no way near Samsung(no offence) :)

At that price though its a steal!! Available for 16k in Delhi.

it doesn't have usb input :p For 15-16K u dont expect much .....Think of it like good samsung/lg models a couple of yrs back :) basically its 2 yrs old tech being sold cheap right now and by old tech i mean low contrast ratio , higher response time , no usb ...

akhurana said:
it doesn't have usb input :p For 15-16K u dont expect much .....Think of it like good samsung/lg models a couple of yrs back :) basically its 2 yrs old tech being sold cheap right now and by old tech i mean low contrast ratio , higher response time , no usb ...

But 16k is unbeatable price for a 32" LCD !!

Thanks for the replies folks! I want to purchase the TV for parents' living room - so will discard toshiba 32av800e (But its in the top of my list for my 1BHK Flat in Bangalore).

So now I am confused with 27" LED and 32" LCD!!

Help!

amar7 said:
Thanks for the replies folks! I want to purchase the TV for parents' living room - so will discard toshiba 32av800e (But its in the top of my list for my 1BHK Flat in Bangalore).

So now I am confused with 27" LED and 32" LCD!!

Help!

If its going in the living room get the 32" one, though just check the dimensions of the room area...5" does make a difference.

Just dont forget to check the PQ of both first.

Okay thanks Pranut :)

I am considering the 580K4R then.. Will call the showroom tomorrow and check its availability ;)

Thanks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, any suggestions on DTH connection and sofa-sets ;) ?

amar7 said:
Okay thanks Pranut :)

I am considering the 580K4R then.. Will call the showroom tomorrow and check its availability ;)

Thanks

Also, any suggestions on DTH connection and sofa-sets ;) ?

Welcome :)

Keep us updated on whatever u decide...

Do check out the Videocon 32" LED TV(Full HD) as well, available for a mere 26k has a decent PQ comparable to Samsung LCDs.

But i personally find the PQ of Samsung LEDs very good.

For the DTH connection, Even I am confused...

From what I have researched I think Airtel is the VFM choice with good monthly packs(HD)...

Reliance feature, nice packages(all rounder)...

Tata Sky awesome service and support...

You can get grey market Sony/Samsung 32" for Rs 19,500 in Delhi Ghaffar Market. They will start bargaining at a price of Rs 20,500.

Bought two of these and they are working just fine.

Just got this in the mail from Letsbuy.com

LG 32" 2011 Model LCD TV for 23790.00 with 6 month EMI.

Buy LG 32" LCD TV 32LK332 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

pranut said:
Its a nice TV, saw it in a Delhi showroom, but no way near Samsung(no offence) :)

At that price though its a steal!! Available for 16k in Delhi.

Just saw the same thing on Letsbuy for 17390.00

Buy Toshiba 32" LCD TV 32AV800E at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Satan said:
Just got this in the mail from Letsbuy.com

LG 32" 2011 Model LCD TV for 23790.00 with 6 month EMI.

Buy LG 32" LCD TV 32LK332 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Just saw the same thing on Letsbuy for 17390.00

Buy Toshiba 32" LCD TV 32AV800E at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Guys what do you think about LG 32" for 23k mentioned above..? How is the PQ and other features? Price is damn attractive :p

amar7 said:
Guys what do you think about LG 32" for 23k mentioned above..? How is the PQ and other features? Price is damn attractive :p

Saw the LG one at Croma in Delhi, PQ is okayish, but its NOT Full HD.
letmein said:
Guys, I also need an LCD urgently. How are these two? Both have 1 year dealer warranty.

Can also use the ongoing eBay offer to get a 500GB WD external hard drive free.

Will be using Set-Top Box initially.

SONY 32" BRAVIA 32BX320 LCD TV 32BX32 (1366 x 768) Rs. 21,999

SONY 32" BRAVIA 32BX320 LCD TV 32BX32 | eBay

SONY 32" BRAVIA 32CX520 LCD TV 32CX52 (1920 x 1080) Rs. 25,490.00

SONY 32" BRAVIA 32CX520 LCD TV 32CX52 | eBay

The 25k one looks great, the features are good as well, but Its a grey market piece and has dealer warranty not the manufacturers warranty.

^Yeah I know, but I read that it won't matter much as the chance of the TV going bust in the first year is very very less. So might as well save a few bucks.

Back