Suggest Wall Fan: BLDC Motor or Conventional DC Motor ?

OP we have 6 Atomberg Renessa+ fans in our home. although they are priced higher but according to my usage i calculated that we'll be able to recover that extra cost in 2 years and then it is all saving after that. secondly, it also hel;ps in case if you have inverter at your place
Remote is a big plus.

Remote is a big plus.
yes it is. although they operate on infrared so even one remote can control all the fans or if have like two fans for example like in hall they'll both get the same signal just in case you only want that signal for one. but it's a minor con and rest all is big plus plus

mi phones and bldc fans with remote are made for each other :p go for bldc no issues make sure you get the correct blade size. atomberg efficio also works great if you want a simple bldc fan

Brush costs 50 rupee and any electrical repair shop will replace it for 100 rupee.

No, you are never going to break it even if that's what you are asking.
I eat my words. The savings these companies claimed 2-3x are misleading. In real world the savings are like 10x. We normally use fan on 1x speed and BLDC ceiling fan merely uses 6W whereas traditional ones take almost 60W (at 1x speed).

BLDC companies claim 3x efficiency at full 5x speed. Yeah, I agree, at full speed, BLDC (atomberg in my case) consumes 32 watts whereas traditional old fan is consuming 90 watts. 3x efficiency is there to show for marketing. But how many people use fan at 5x?

Moreover, I still find 1x speed of my atomberg (@ 6W) is too much windy. I'm thinking of adding a dimmer before the fan regulator to reduce that 1x even lower (it'll inside the board). lol

Last edited:
. 3x efficiency is there to show for marketing. But how many people use fan at 5x?

Where do you stay? If you stay near sea, the air is always humid and you need to keep fan at 4-5 speeds and even boost speed in summer. I keep the fan at 3-4 even in winter when it's 24Cb else i start sweating. I feel even the boost speed slow in summer. I want 7-10 speeds ceiling fan. Hopefully some bldc fan come with +400cfm air speed for people like me who always feel hot all year round. I feel like i should have been born in some really cold place like antartica but got born here in India by mistake.

If you stay near sea, the air is always humid and you need to keep fan at 4-5 speeds and even boost speed in summer. I keep the fan at 3-4 even in winter when it's 24Cb else i start sweating. I feel even the boost speed slow in summer. I want 7-10 speeds ceiling fan. Hopefully some bldc fan come with +400cfm air speed for people like me who always feel hot all year round. I feel like i should have been born in some really cold place like antartica but got born here in India by mistake.
Hang this from your ceiling.

1690023459457.png

Where do you stay?
Pune

Where do you stay? If you stay near sea, the air is always humid and you need to keep fan at 4-5 speeds and even boost speed in summer. I keep the fan at 3-4 even in winter when it's 24Cb else i start sweating. I feel even the boost speed slow in summer. I want 7-10 speeds ceiling fan. Hopefully some bldc fan come with +400cfm air speed for people like me who always feel hot all year round. I feel like i should have been born in some really cold place like antartica but got born here in India by mistake.
For @6pack
You can go for these extremely high-CFM BLDC and DC fan options.:D:D:D
170m3/min = 6000 CFM.
280m3/min = 9888 CFM

1690028912612.png
1690028973630.png
1690029022250.png
1690029131722.png

we tried out Atom Berg's fans but the air output is too low, you cant feel any wind on your face on speeds less than 3 and even the highest setting of 5 gives us less air than our conventional DC fans 4th speed setting, Am I missing something here? are there any other recommendations we can try out?

we tried out Atom Berg's fans but the air output is too low, you cant feel any wind on your face on speeds less than 3 and even the highest setting of 5 gives us less air than our conventional DC fans 4th speed setting, Am I missing something here? are there any other recommendations we can try out?
To all who go out to buy any form of electrical or lighting products:
Please read technical specifications of the product. Then compare it.
Important paramters to be noted and compared irrespective of brand names:

Fans: Airflow, RPM, noise(dB)
Chimney/Exhaust: Suction power (similar to airflow)
Lighting: Lumens, Color rendering index
and so on..

For example: The 5-blade fan here costs more, and looks more premium than the basic looking 3-blade fan. But when you read the specifications, only then you realize which one is better.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 225810.png
Screenshot 2023-07-31 225750.png

Which ones did you try? Mine is the one without remote and needs a dedicated fan regulator. Even on lower settings, the airflow is sufficient for us.

Which ones did you try? Mine is the one without remote and needs a dedicated fan regulator. Even on lower settings, the airflow is sufficient for us.
I'm not sure about this, We went to the shop and he demoed several models for us, and none of those had anywhere near the airflow that we got from our old one.

Back