Monitors Suggestion 22inch LCD monitor

Ryunosuke said:
Sorry for budging in and going off topic but I want to know a general opinion from you guys. Currently I've a 26" LCD screen. Now if I upgrade it, which would be better a single 30" screen costing around 35-40K or 2 24"Dell screen costing almost same. My main purpose would be Gaming, HD and DVD movies, surfing and Programming.

Please give some thought to this too, here I don't want to make a separate thread for it. :no:

Would have been better if you opened a separate thread. The OP thought you are suggesting him a dual screen setup.

Regarding your query - It would depend on what you are using the comp for. It wont help for gaming and not much for movies unless you are ok with a black bar at the center of the screen (you can also play movies just in one screen)
But when it comes to coding and other work, I love my dual monitor setup.

To OP: Dells combined with their support is a very good buy. But 22" LG seems to be very good. If I were to be searching for a monitor now I would definitely give LG a try.

Well, If Ur choice is 22 in. then look for these two LG 226WTQ or Dell SP 2208 WFP

Comparing them by spec.
LG 226WTQ Dell SP 2208 WFP
response time 2ms 2ms
pixel pitch 0.282mm 0.282mm
Luminance 300 nits 300 nits
no.of colors 16.7 million 16.7 million
Type of panel TN TN
Native Resolution 1680X1050 wide 1680X1050 wide

The difference comes to this

Contrast ratio 5000:1 1000:1
Input Interface DVI,D-sub DVI, D-SUB, HDMI
Extra features not known 4 port usb hub ,Web cam
Bezel color Black Silver

Now you decide
Price 14.7 k 16.5k(but avail for 15.3k)
(according to their site)

Check out the price for ur location

I've seen both in action as my friends own, but not together.
I could not tell which performs better as I see no visual quality diff. if you calibrate the montior for brightness and color contrast using some app. like photoshop, media centre or with your graphics driver. People talk about glare and contrast issues particularly in HD movie playbacks with both these monitors but you ve to deal with it as both the models are TN panels and glossy and I've seen much worse than these.

*LG's black bezel:cool2: is a plus if you care about looks and dell's silver bezel is a down for me but my friend changed his cabbie and KB to match it!!
*Dell has HDMI port that is huge for that price plus it also has 2 MP webcam integrated into it. Now thats something that would cost atleast 2.5k if you opt for a nice quality one seperately and also it might reduce the clutter on your desktop along with 4 usb ports.

As for 24 inches they still trade over 20k. I heard abt acer 24 in but not sure about the quality and spec.

So as of now the best bet is 22 inchers in my opinion.

LG ->LCD TV, Plasma TV,Colour Television, Audio Video,Computer Products,Mobile Phone,Refrigerator, Washing Machine,Vacuum Cleaner,Microwave Oven,Air Conditioner, CAC Products by LG Electronics India
Dell ->Dell Monitors - Small Business

I have been hunting around for the LG226WTQ, but its not easy to find in bangalore. All the big retailers only stocking 22" monitors from LG / Samsung without DVI :no:

The only option left within 13k seems to be the Viewsonic VA2226w , which is fairly decent at its price.

I cant understand what Samsung / LG are upto launching new models but removing DVI :mad:

LG L226WTQ is not 14.7k.....

its 13k in Croma....i got it for 12674 cause of discount....bought it as I couldn't wait for a Dell and this was just staring me in the face

Back