Monitors Suggestion 22inch LCD monitor

ok guys...im upgrading my monitor this month end ....will be needing a good 22inch LCD under around 16k ...

Will be used for watching 720pmovies , pc & xbox 360 gaming..with more priority for watching movies . altho max res wud be just arnd 1680 x 1050..even 1080p movies can be watched to an extent ( resized view ? )

Current options are

1. samsung 2243 NWX ( since samsung 226bw not available ATM, this is the only samsung option)

2. LG 226WTQ ( read its good for gaming, but the default colors are very bad and hard to adjust later on also ...ppl who own it i need ur comments if this is right :S )

3 . Viewsonic VX 2255 WMB

4. Dell 22 inchers ( i have no idea abt these , need feedback frm ppl who own it..hows it for movies and gaming??..colors and all )

oh by the way i also have my eye on this 24inch ACER monitor ..if it comes under 20K via KMD..and only if under 20K

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009125

Thanks guys dont wanna commit a mistake going for a bad monitor ( since im totally ignorant abt LCD monitors ), thats why asking for ur help n suggestions ^^

Dell Sp2208WFP.

HDMI, 2 ms rt, good vibrant colours, excellent lcd.

drawback : glossy screen, not a big one imo. silver colour... u decide.

Dell ASS is best.

Buying Samsung locally?whats the quote? its the best of the lot. if possible, try to get a comparison with Dell n Viewsonic and u will see what i mean.

Sorry for budging in and going off topic but I want to know a general opinion from you guys. Currently I've a 26" LCD screen. Now if I upgrade it, which would be better a single 30" screen costing around 35-40K or 2 24"Dell screen costing almost same. My main purpose would be Gaming, HD and DVD movies, surfing and Programming.:cool2:

ROCKFELLA said:
Dell Sp2208WFP.
HDMI, 2 ms rt, good vibrant colours, excellent lcd.
drawback : glossy screen, not a big one imo. silver colour... u decide.
Dell ASS is best.

Dell s monitors rock ...:) :hap2: go for it ...

ummm. dell support in tvm is a bit flaky. Good in the metros, not so good in Tier 3 cities like EKM.

1. logtech sells dell monitors , but no service. you have to contact dell via their 1800 number

2. a friend of mine who had an issue with his laptop HDD crash called at night, and got transferred to a singapore call center who had no clue about even the existense of tvm.

3. a call the next morning revealed that the nearest one is in ekm. That was the last i heard from him. Will check and let you know the progress.

4. you really dont want to courier and LCD monitor unless you're travelling with themevery step of the way.There are people who did get it couriered , but i wouldnt risk it. the parcels suffer a lot of abuse. not sure it will reach home in one peace. and of course the issue about RMA ....

update. they said they'd send someone over and pick it up the next working day ( this was a friday)

he couldn't wait and he reformatted and installed himself

reviews say samsung(they dont incl. dell in their reviews).....TE always says Dell...some TE members have LG 226WTQ, they do like it and may be able to guide u there...

if u ask me...get the cheaper one after gettin the inputs....there is no one who can give u a comparision

xtr.pwnzor said:
1. samsung 2243 NWX ( since samsung 226bw not available ATM, this is the only samsung option)

2. LG 226WTQ ( read its good for gaming, but the default colors are very bad and hard to adjust later on also ...ppl who own it i need ur comments if this is right :S )

I finally took that 226BW, awesome. While I actually was searching for 226WTQ and could not find it.

Now you are searching for 226BW and have found 226WTQ.

I also would say no one can give you a comparison, they can give you feedback only and that too about what they have owned.

So just go and buy 226WTQ eyes closed, It's a good monitor.

CAn anyone tell me where the LG 226WTQ is available in Mumbai (for sure) and the price? It hard to find, and the dealers dont seem to have it.

hi LG 226WTQ is available at the metro near ma house went there for some shopping and saw the monitor...is this with the 5ms response time ? was selling for like 12.5 k approx if ya want i can go back and check again

Ryunosuke said:
Sorry for budging in and going off topic but I want to know a general opinion from you guys. Currently I've a 26" LCD screen. Now if I upgrade it, which would be better a single 30" screen costing around 35-40K or 2 24"Dell screen costing almost same. My main purpose would be Gaming, HD and DVD movies, surfing and Programming.:cool2:
Please give some thought to this too, here I don't want to make a separate thread for it. :no:

rishabh.asthana said:
hi LG 226WTQ is available at the metro near ma house went there for some shopping and saw the monitor...is this with the 5ms response time ? was selling for like 12.5 k approx if ya want i can go back and check again

Thanks.. It has a 2ms response.

Ryunosuke said:
Please give some thought to this too, here I don't want to make a separate thread for it. :no:

Its certainly not about price or our suggestion man....its about your requirement....Personally I do not see use of having two different monitors, coz my family uses a TV and I have a 24incher for my gaming/movies/work. And if I need to upgrade then I will upgrade my monitor again for whatever seems to be better bang for buck..

if you can lay your hands on WTQ, dont think a second time, go and buy it!!

1. it is a 2 ms panel not 5 ms
2. i have never had any color reproduction issues, just manage the brightness and contrast according to your taste and you are all set.

Back