Suggestion for 3G data card for using with Asus RT N13U B1

hi guys
have finally come down to two usb data card :
1. huawei E173 (1.5 k on ebay)
2. Micromax MMX352G (1.8k on letsbuy)

Both have same HSDPA~7.6mbps !!
though huawei have better support on forums and firmwares and is widely supported....was just worried about the warranty !!
Micromax comes with 1 yr mfg warranty and if anything goes wrong can we get it repaired from their service centre?
and what about huawei.....what if anything goes wrong with the data card !!

Please suggest guys...if there is somthing better as UMG1831 isnt listed in supported modems and i think 7.6mbps is enough for video streaming on youtube etc !!

One more important requirement is using it for voice/video calls through yahoo/gtalk/skype.

Budegt : <= 2k

Hi Bro,

I know MicroMax is an excellent company and doing a great job these days in mobile market! However for the 3G data card, I would suggest you to go with Huawei [I have personally used UMG1831 and E1550] and hardly got an issues. There is a service center of Huawei in Delhi, so no worries about warranty. :hap2: :hap2:

redhatperl said:
Hi Bro,

There is a service center of Huawei in Delhi, so no worries about warranty

thanks for reply man....but what about voice/video calls...some of the data cards aren't compatible with calls over yahoo/gtalk !!

got the list from MTS site...they have a service centre in dadar....will confirm if its exclusively for MTS or all unlocked data cards :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

which deal is better guys?

Huawei-E173-3G-Data-Card-7-2Mbps-3G-USB-Modem-Auto-APN-Megaphone-Logo

Huawei-E173-3G-usb-modem-Data-Card-7-2Mbps-HSUPA-Model

Huawei-E173-3G-Data-Card-7-2Mbps-3G-USB-Modem-Strap-Cable-Auto-APN-Reliance-Logo

first one comes with 1 year dealer warranty and rest with 6 months.

Last one comes with a data cable and strap cable.

Please reply ASAP guys !!

Bought this one guyss

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3G-USB-MODEM-DATA-CARD-HUAWEI-E173-7-2MBPS-5-76MB-TABLET-PC-LAPTOP-DESKTOP-/260920929675?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3cc0196d8b

Bought it with 250 off coupon..........claims manufacturer's warranty but i doubt. the seller has mentioned in warranty terms as well as in his post about 1 year warranty bt i suppose unlocking voids it.....in that case, could seller be lying?

and if yes then what can we do about it? please suggst....thanks for suggestions !!

Reason for buying :

1. Cheapest

2. Power seller

thanks for reply man....but what about voice/video calls...some of the data cards aren't compatible with calls over yahoo/gtalk !!

got the list from MTS site...they have a service centre in dadar....will confirm if its exclusively for MTS or all unlocked data cards
<

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

which deal is better guys?

Huawei-E173-3G-Data-Card-7-2Mbps-3G-USB-Modem-Auto-APN-Megaphone-Logo

Huawei-E173-3G-usb-modem-Data-Card-7-2Mbps-HSUPA-Model

Huawei-E173-3G-Data-Card-7-2Mbps-3G-USB-Modem-Strap-Cable-Auto-APN-Reliance-Logo

first one comes with 1 year dealer warranty and rest with 6 months.

Last one comes with a data cable and strap cable.

Please reply ASAP guys !!

ANY UNLOCK data card will not entitle to get ANY WARRANTY from Huawei or Logo owner but ONLY dealer from whom you bought can help you.

Back