Suggestion for Dual band router

Can someone please suggest with their experience a good dual band router within 2000?

On daily basis, 3x2.4 GHz devices and 3x5Ghz devices will be connected to it.
My broadband connection is 100 Mbps.

The house area is approx 1900 square feet and single floor. The maximum distance from router to the device would have 3 walls in between but I can live with a router that can penetrate 2 walls at least with good performance and 3rd wall moderately.

I have seen some from TP-Link, Tenda, D-Link and Mi and it is all confusing. Every item has some good reviews and some outright recommend not getting that particular router due to poor performance.

It goes without saying that the lower the price the better but without compromising on quality and performance. I have had TP-Link and D-Link routers in the past and I liked TP-Link better.

If anybody is selling a router that meets my requirements, you can also PM me.

The house area is approx 1900 square feet and single floor. The maximum distance from router to the device would have 3 walls in between but I can live with a router that can penetrate 2 walls at least with good performance and 3rd wall moderately.
Asking too much from a single router. None in the market can do this efficiently. If a couple are able to break 2 walls the signals are bad and you'll only get like 1-5Mbps speed. 3 walls are out of the question.

What you need is router + extender(s) in that case otherwise you need to keep the router in-between the walls (center of the coverage area) and hope for the best.

Also in FS section: https://techenclave.com/threads/dlink-dir-825-gigabit-router.207889/

Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition?
Cheapest router with openwrt support afaik
Just did a quick search about OpenWRT as I had never heard about it and it looks good.

Any idea why on their website it retails for 2199 but on Amazon and Flipkart it is available for 1799?
Asking too much from a single router. None in the market can do this efficiently. If a couple are able to break 2 walls the signals are bad and you'll only get like 1-5Mbps speed. 3 walls are out of the question.

What you need is router + extender(s) in that case otherwise you need to keep the router in-between the walls (center of the coverage area) and hope for the best.

Also in FS section: https://techenclave.com/threads/dlink-dir-825-gigabit-router.207889/
Thanks man. I currently live in a place where I have only two broadband providers. Thanks to living in a god forsaken place. Anyways, my current service provider had given me a syrotech 2.4 GHz router but that started giving problems after 15-16 months so they replaced it with a Airtel 5g router now at 1000 security amount. This is giving good performance but if I have to pay, then I should get myself one. Last two times, I lost the security amount so now I am gonna get one.

Last edited:
MR 50 G from mercusys. Do note that this has only 2 ports other than the ones from TPlink.
As already mentioned, it is difficult to get a good quality router which would cover that range with 3 walls and the price quoted.

Back