Graphic Cards suggestion for graphics card under 25k

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
hi to all

i am first time posting on this thread so i have some queries.
i have search around some thread but not getting much so poster here.

i am looking for graphics card under 25k..its for one of prestine customer.

also he has right now 500watts smps..really dont know brand he is using ....

so please suggest graphics card under 25k and smps i should go along with it.
he is hardcore gamer..........plays a lot of game in his pc.

please waiting for everyone reply.
customer was looking for 5870...in ati.
so anything better or somethign which can save money..............

or somethign in NVidia.
please suggest.................

cheers
anshul

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
Give us the complete specs of his system otherwise if his procy is not that powerful enuf to run along with a 5870 then there will b no point in buying such a high end card....

comp@ddict

Skilled
Apr 25, 2009
Manipal
about.me
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k

Sapphire H5870 1GB GDDR5 @ 23k

Total - 27.7k

This the bare minimum for the HD5870. Also, he may recover as much as 1k back by selling his 500W PSU(brand?)

psdatta2005

Adept
Nov 18, 2007
Bangalore
I would suggest him to get 650tx or better as later when he upgrades the hassle of selling psu wont be there trust me I realised this very later its worth buying a good psu now then later:)

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
he belive having a high end graphics card with do it.

he has amd cpu.

and by 1 day i will get his whole configuration so will update

thanks for everyone ..

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
hi..thanks for all to reply

i have got my customer machine............... its having Coolermast 500watt smps.

Ati 4850...

so now i am planning to buy ..........5870..so should i opt for 500watt smps which is inbundle itself only ...or should i upgrade to 650watt.

his rig.

amd processor.........dont know which one.

asus --------m2n68

4 gb ram(but his 2 gb ram has gone kapput ) so using 2 gb only.

500watt smps.

please reply............

cheers

anshul

Amien

Skilled
Dec 26, 2008
anshul_coolguy said:
hi..thanks for all to reply

i have got my customer machine............... its having Coolermast 500watt smps.

Ati 4850...

so now i am planning to buy ..........5870..so should i opt for 500watt smps which is inbundle itself only ...or should i upgrade to 650watt.
his rig.
amd processor.........dont know which one.
asus --------m2n68
4 gb ram(but his 2 gb ram has gone kapput ) so using 2 gb only.
500watt smps.
please reply............
cheers
anshul

Upgrade the GPU and PSU as per Icon_211 's suggestion. PSU rated Wattage does not always mean all is good, so don't be fooled by 500W/650W etc. rated specs.
Please find out what processor he is running as this is a very powerful card and will cause bottlenecks when running with what i am almost certain is an older, slower processor.
My suggestion is, use the available budget to do a proper, balanced upgrade instead of just shoving ~25k for a graphics card/GPU+PSU combo.

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
thanks for fast reply.

@amien........does it effect its CPU if its slower speed.

he dont wanted to upgrade his only his graphics card.as for the moment.

also for 5850..........will be coolermaster 500 watt will be sufficent

sid1712

Cookies, mmm...
Adept
Apr 11, 2007
Gurgaon
^ Which coolermaster ? CM have various PSU series. If he has an extreme power one, then he should better get the Corsair VX550 (~ 4.6k)

Which processor does he have ? If his processor is slow enough then yes it will bottleneck his GPU and give lower performance in games.

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
his Cpu is..........athlon------x2........64.........

normal coolermaster 500watt smps.

he is still suggesting he will go with 5870..graphics card.

cheers

anshul

Amien

Skilled
Dec 26, 2008
anshul_coolguy said:
thanks for fast reply.

@amien........does it effect its CPU if its slower speed.
he dont wanted to upgrade his only his graphics card.as for the moment.
also for 5850..........will be coolermaster 500 watt will be sufficent

If the CPU is not fast enough to compliment a powerful GPU, the overall performance is reduced, not letting the graphics card reach anywhere near its full potential, making it a waste of time, money and power.
A system is only as powerful as its weakest link. This is why you must have a well balanced and rounded system. No point in pairing a super expensive/powerful card with a slow CPU/RAM.

For the power supply/SMPS(+1 to sid1712), like i said, wattage does not mean much if efficiency is not specified. A Corsair VX450 that's rated at 450W is actually much better and more powerful than a Cooler Master Extreme Power rated at 650W. True power, efficiency, number of 12V rails(lesser, beefier=better), power correction and overload protection features is what makes a good, safe power supply.
For the 5850, i would recommend a Corsair VX550 that sells for about 4.7k
BUT, do pay heed to what i said about the rest of the config. as you will surely end up wasting a good amount of money/won't be able to use it well from the word go. If that make sense to you, I can suggest some upgrades within the 25k budget that would be better balanced. If not and you/your customer are adamant about a new card for that budget and buy the 5850 regardless go with the VX550 + HD 5850 as above. One more thing to not is that if his display/monitor is anything smaller than a 22-24 inch with a 1920x1080 resolution, the 5850 will be a monumental waste regardless of the hardware it is paired with.

EDIT: Just read that he has an Athlon x2, a slow/old processor that has no hope of keeping up with a card like the 5850, let alone the 5870. Point him towards this post so that he understands. Also that normal 500W CM is probably from the extreme power series, not at all enough and will have to be replaced.
Once again, What is the display size/resolution that this PC is used on?

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
he will use either LCD tv..or standard 19inch lcd tv.amien thanks for so fast reply.

so far........i will consider 5850 and Corsair VX550 that sells for about 4.7k

hope it will be good enough for him

thanks

cheers

anshul

draglord

Adept
Feb 27, 2010
if processor is 64x2 6400+ or 7750 black edition, then its fine

it wont be a big bottleneck....much of it at least

anshul_coolguy

Disciple
Oct 20, 2006
hi..will be going to delhi tommorow once again..

please suggest me gaming rig which i want under 30k

only looking for --------

Graphic card.-to run most new game at best setting ..(old games to max)

SMps---for graphic card and proccessor

Proccessor

Motherboard.

he has 4 gb ram presently out of which his 2 gb ram has gone for replacement which is expceted to come sooner ...

please let me know asap

its urgent..