Suggestion for new i7 2nd gen laptop.....price<60k

hansil

Disciple
I have considered that I would be buying a new i7 SB laptop..But I am confused on which brand laptop to purchase....
I am open to all brands of Dell,HP,ASUS,ACER
purpose would be to watch movies,gaming,surfing and sometimes work:ashamed:...

Budget would be below 60k...

Please suggest me all the laptops that I should consider from each brand with their cons and pros over others.

you can consider the xps 15, you might also be able to squeeze in the b+rgled backlit full hd screen under your budget plus I read that the jbl sound among the best for sound.

pauldmps said:
Not many choices for SB i7 under 60k.

You can have a look for HP DV6 6017TX

But I won't recommend HP.
Why ??What i sthe problem in HP??Can you please elaborate on it??I am a noob on these topics...

Also how do you rate these lappies...
ASUS N53SV
ACER Aspire 5750g
Any other suugestions also welcome for other brands...I can extend my budget by another 5 k.

i own an HP Pavilion DV6 6017tx...awesum laptop...only hiccup : u cant partition the hard disk...not without removing the recovery drive( i did a clean install wid the same OEM key after making a recovery disk n now i can easily partition the hard disk )

hansil said:
Why ??What i sthe problem in HP??Can you please elaborate on it??I am a noob on these topics...
HP laptops are notorious for overheating problems. Plus poor after-sales service.

I couldn't find a proper review of the model so I can't comment on the heat levels of the specific model. Try before you buy.

If you can extend your budget by 5k, get the Dell XPS15.

My mind now says....without any experimentation to go for DELL XPS 15 ...lower version of i7 with 1 gb graphic card and 750 gb hard disc which costs around 57k online...What say guys??

If you go for the XPS, make sure you get it with Full HD and the Nvidia 540m. Everything else can be taken care of at some point of time.

Mind you, if you think GT540M can provide a gaming experience, especially at FHD, then, sorry for being harsh, but you can "stop dreaming" LOL

It's a 96 shader puny part in a strong CPU configuration! Don't understand when this will change!

Does a normal screen not even stand in front of the Full HD scren??
I will not be into hardcore gaming...but ocassional games .And I can have the option of watching movies on bigger screen on my TV..So do u think I should still go for the Full HD screen..Pls help...

wayneroons said:
i own an HP Pavilion DV6 6017tx...awesum laptop...only hiccup : u cant partition the hard disk...not without removing the recovery drive( i did a clean install wid the same OEM key after making a recovery disk n now i can easily partition the hard disk )
How is gaming on the 6017tx? Do you have overheating problems when doing system intensive stuff?

Best Configuration of Laptop at present is brought by HP.

HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX Laptop Price India: Buy HP Pavilion DV6 Core i7 2630QM, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, 2GB HD6770M ~55k

It has got 2GB GPU HD6770 :yahoo: and HD6770 is far better than 96 shader 540M GPU offered by Dell.

I cant understand why Dell provides so low grade GPU with XPS :mad:, else I would have recommended Dell which is ~65K :ashamed:

Amax said:
Best Configuration of Laptop at present is brought by HP.

HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX Laptop Price India: Buy HP Pavilion DV6 Core i7 2630QM, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, 2GB HD6770M ~55k

It has got 2GB GPU HD6770 :yahoo: and HD6770 is far better than 96 shader 540M GPU offered by Dell.

I cant understand why Dell provides so low grade GPU with XPS :mad:, else I would have recommended Dell which is ~65K :ashamed:
Any overheating issues ???How is the sound on this HP model??Considering that I will not play hardcore games,Should i go for HP DV6 or XPS15??

^^

If you are not into hardcore gaming then definitely get the XPS 15. You get peace of mind, a better laptop overall (infact THE best laptop in its segment ), better audio, better screen etc.

But seeing the P DV6 6017 tx, I am getting inclined towards buying it..Should i go fr it or the XPS 15 with 525M in which case still the XPS 15 is 4-5 over HP's price...?

hansil said:
Any overheating issues ???How is the sound on this HP model??Considering that I will not play hardcore games,Should i go for HP DV6 or XPS15??
I cant say about heating issue, because I had not used, but the vendor said me it has a good buildup, but cant gurantee his words untill i personally check it. Good news is that with intel i7 next gen proc and Hp new coolsense technology, they have resolved most of the heating issue... :) . BTW With 2 GB GPU that also HD6770, it is likely to heat up a bit, but the thing is, all is ok if the system can maintain the stability and doesnot shutdown..., heating emission should be good.

Back