Suggestion for PC (CAD & Gaming)

• Q: What is your budget?
    • 40K - 50k (5k more if really necessary)

• Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - HP f1905b (res. 1280x1024)
    • Speakers (came with my monitor)

• Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - HP f19095 (I m not thinking of replacing it for the next 2 years)
    • Speakers

• Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name).
    • i m not sure which is good (in terms of performance, support etc.), but pls suggest me a good mouse and keyboard too.
    • I was thinking of buying ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II (cus a friend suggested that nvidia are better for CAD and video processing), but i m open to buy any card that will suit my needs and budget.

• Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I dont wanna upgrade for next 2 years atleast. i might buy a CPU cooler for OCing

• Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai (and which shops I can buy them)
    • I dont wanna buy online.

• Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No

• Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Autocad, Autodesk Inventor (i use this a lot so 1st priority)
    • Gaming (my 2nd priority and so on...)
    • Converting video
    • Video editing (HD)
    • Watching HD movies

• Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • no brand preference, but I want decent support if something goes wrong.
    • i dont wanna use those workstation cards, cus i like to play sum games at decent res.

• Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Call of duty, BF,Far Cry, NFS, Assassin's Creed etc.

• Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Gaming - 1280x1024
    • Desktop - 1280x 1204

• Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • not for now (might do it in next 6 months or next year)

• Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

CPU-Intel i7 2600-17.5k[Since you're not interested in ocing,this will give you better performance than i5]

Mobo- Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K

RAM-[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Corsair xms3 2X4gb 1600mhz-3.4k OR Gskill ripjawsX 2X4gb 1600mhz-3.5k[/font]

HDD-Segate 1TB 7200RPM-6k

GPU-MSI Twin Frozr ii Gtx560ti 1GB-14.5k,This is actually too much for your resolution but I've suggested Considering you'd do HD editing and rendering.

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 520W-3.6k OR Corsair VX550W-4.4k

K/M-Logitech K200 Kit-0.8k

CASE-Nzxt Gamma-2.4k

UPS-APC 1.1KVA-4.8k or more.

Hope this helps
<

first of all Jakob thank you for the reply.

what if i bought an i5 now and then OCed later, cus doesn't OCing void your warrantry (not sure heard sumwhere), how much does OC effect performance(especially in programs like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, CAD etc.)

also regarding the MSI card, I heard about some graphic glitches mostly from newegg.com, are they true? and just curious, why not the asus card?

thanks in advance

I will second #Jakob's RIG but you can go for the HD 78** series cards that will release around March, the AMD GCN [Graphic Core Next -- http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1805/2/ / http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-benchmark-tahiti-gcn,3104-2.html] architecture has demolished nVidia's CUDA based cards on all fronts, I think it will readily exploit nVidia's CUDA based plug-ins and complete the work at par with competing cards [from nVidia]

Also thanks to the transition to 28nm fabrication power consumption is in check.

For CPU Cooler I'll recommend the Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit over the Cooler Master EVO model due to the following -- http://www.insidehardware.it/hardware/cooling/660-thermalright-true-spirit-dissipazione-economica-di-qualita [review in Italian, convert language]

The above is available at The ITWares, Prime ABGB -- 2100/- [cheaper than the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO].

I think these points are enough for explaining my stance. Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Well if you need i5 then you'd have to get-

i5 2500k+ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12k OR Asus P8Z68-V-14k,You will be able to oc this rig upto 4.5ghz with the cooler Alpha17 mentioned above,Ocing won't void the warranty,since overclocking is something done through the BIOS or a some software program, there is no way whatsoever for the factory to know that a CPU has been overclocked. unless a person is stupid enough to tell them that cpu stopped because i oced it.

The performance will be better than i7 2600 after ocing i5 to 4ghz or more.
first of all Jakob thank you for the reply.

what if i bought an i5 now and then OCed later, cus doesn't OCing void your warrantry (not sure heard sumwhere), how much does OC effect performance(especially in programs like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, CAD etc.)

also regarding the MSI card, I heard about some graphic glitches mostly from newegg.com, are they true? and just curious, why not the asus card?

thanks in advance

ALPHA17 and Jakob thanks for your replies.

i cant wait for AMD cards, I might buy them later.

also for cabbie i liked NZXT's Lexa S is it good?

pls recommend some gigabyte mobo also, just in case the shopkeeper does have the asus one (or should i insists on asus?)

You'll find the Asus mobo if you don't try some other shop,Instead of going for Nzxt Lexa S go for NZXT Guardian 921 RB-4.5k OR Corsair Carbide 400R-5k these are better ones.
ALPHA17 and Jakob thanks for your replies.

i cant wait for AMD cards, I might buy them later.

also for cabbie i liked NZXT's Lexa S is it good?

pls recommend some gigabyte mobo also, just in case the shopkeeper does have the asus one (or should i insists on asus?)

^^ Just supplant the Core i7 2600 in the RIG [which Jakob suggested you] with the Core i5 2500k but then I would recommend that you go ahead with the Core i7 2600 as it is better suited for your role [CAD work and workstation oriented productivity].

Above rig is as good as oced i5 still if you want Ocing rig then-

CPU-Intel i5 2500K-13.5k

Mobo-ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.5k OR Asus P8Z68-V-14k

Cpu Cooler-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.1k OR Noctua nh-u12p se2-3.8k[If you're going for overclock over 5ghz then go for Noctua cooler]

Everything else is as above in the first post.

@jakob and alpha I am from bhubaneswar and such high config are not available. so my last choice is online buy.

suggest where to buy all this from one site. as ebay,flipkart have some parts.

which is good overclockable or unoverclockable pc. only need is that will last long. ( if u run bullock cart at high speed then its wheel also slide rapidly
<
)

thanks suggest plz.

@jakob and alpha I am from bhubaneswar and such high config are not available. so my last choice is online buy.

suggest where to buy all this from one site. as ebay,flipkart have some parts.

which is good overclockable or unoverclockable pc. only need is that will last long. ( if u run bullock cart at high speed then its wheel also slide rapidly
<
)

thanks suggest plz.

@jakob thanks for reply.

can they assemble the parts and then parcel or send individual. if. I buy all from one site.

and if they don't. can I assemble myself in home? ?

is assemble pc is easy.

I don't think they'll assemble the parts cause weight will be too much for shipping,it's better to order the parts individually,don't hijack a thread like this,is it first time you're assembling a pc?,If you want the pc assembled then you'd have to call the above shops and ask them.

^^ No would not recommend you to go for anything below a true quad-core for your work, also future proofing is important so a quad Core i5 is a better choice on the whole.

Now the GTX 560 [non-Ti], has a few shortfalls --

-- no stock 2D clocks, so it guzzles a lot more power than contemporary AMD offerings.

-- performance falls behind HD 6950 1GB ~15 - 20%, so again you are loosing out for future.

-- current pricing ~10500/-, if say the HD 78** comes out tomorrow, this will further plummet as nVidia doesn't have anything to counter R7000 series cards in its inventory yet.

So wait till mid-March you'll get better deals for current generation cards and you'll have the option of top off the line products too.

Hope this clarifies my stance, Cheers!!

Back