Storage Solutions Suggestion of a SATA DVD ReWriter

vranks

Disciple
Mar 13, 2009
Can any one tell me the best atleast a better Dual layer Lightscribe SATA DVD writer???

Previously I faced problem with SONY.... And LG has slow reading problem...

These 2 would be the last on my list but away... So suggest me a best possible Dual layer Lightscribe SATA DVD writer...... At the most I would be burning Sony DVD-R.... And not sure of a lightscribe as I havent yet tried it...

Thanks in advance...

vranks

Disciple
Mar 13, 2009
thetoxicmind said:
LG isn't that slow in reality and is also one of the most reliable brands.

It is a reliable brand but I dont know.... I have seen many LG writers which read slowly....

Can you tell me the exact model number? I was actually going for Samsung SH-223Q......... As it is not available, I need some suggestions.....

How is SONY OPTRIAC 7241S??

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
vranks said:
It is a reliable brand but I dont know.... I have seen many LG writers which read slowly....

Can you tell me the exact model number? I was actually going for Samsung SH-223Q......... As it is not available, I need some suggestions.....

How is SONY OPTRIAC 7241S??

When Samsung drives read at 52X, the LG reads at 48X ! Not much.

Anyways, the latest model from Samsung is the SH-S223F.

The Lightscribe version is the SH-S223Q, which maybe difficult to source.

Moreover, discs that support Lightscribe are quite expensive.

Sony is a big no-no !

prandi

Disciple
Apr 22, 2008
-1 samsung,,my drive stopped reading,hell it also wasnt getting detected dat too in the warranty period.work ok for some days and again dead!!i have another sony drive(810A),,work gud except tray loading problem,try asus,,these r pioneer drives

universal

Adept
Oct 8, 2007
-1 for samsung .....my sata dvd writer (SH S203D) went kaput (it only reads dvd .... writing is not possible) in abt year.... :(

vranks

Disciple
Mar 13, 2009
Mixed reviews??? Ok can you tell me the best possible Dual layer DVD writer with lightscribe!!!

Thanks for the replies!

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
vranks said:
Mixed reviews??? Ok can you tell me the best possible Dual layer DVD writer with lightscribe!!!

Thanks for the replies!

If you want a really good DVD Writer, trying sourcing a Pioneer !

For mainstream performance, go for the Samsung model I mentioned earlier.
Ready to compromise on reading speeds for reliability, get the LG.

prandi

Disciple
Apr 22, 2008
dude go for asus,,dont go for sammys,,trust me,,the ratio of user having failed drives to not failed drives is large,,,or as the toxicmind suggested try sourcing a pioneer via kmd

corsair

Recruit
Nov 3, 2008
samsung is bad. mine went, dead in 6 months, for RMA. also very very noisy.

Try HP. Prime has it. it was good.