Suggestion Required: Mobile phone around 10-12

spirit

Disciple
Hi Guys,
This is my first visit at tech enclave and I need you help.
I am planning to buy a secondary Mobile phone for my second Sim, I already using Nokia n95 8 gb for the last one year and am quite impressed with the performance.
My budget is 10-12 k.

MY Basic Requirements are:

(1) Music
(2) if qwerty keyboard then it's icing on the cake
(3) Camera not as important
(4)Very Decent battery
(5 Wi-Fi if it's there then really good otherwise can contain without it too.

I have shortlisted following models till now
(1) Nokia 5230/5233( Both are available here)
(2) Samsung Corby Pro(Eye Catchy but i am seriously worried over Samsung mobile phones battery performance.my prior ex was not good)
(3) Nokia 5800 ( but is'nt too old now? :) )

(4) I have seen threads about Samsung Galaxy too but have no idea about it.

So out of these or any other mobile phone which can be recommeneded by the expert users here seeing my requirements will also be welcomed.
I would also want to know the pros/cons of each over the other

Waiting or your replies.
Thanks in advance
Thanks a lot

THanks Amit.

is Samsung i5700 better than 7500?

Also how is the battery performance of it?

Is it available in india? What's the price?

Moreover is it with andriod 2.1 os? Bluetooth works on it?

Also the only difference between 5230 and 5233 is 3g isn't?

moreover is there any touchscreen phone in this range with capacitive touchscreen?

how is corby pro?

sorry for firing so much question but i have so many doubts :)

is Samsung i5700 better than 7500?

5700 has a 800 Mhz processor vs 5XX something in i7500 , rest everything is better in 7500

Also how is the battery performance of it?

Reviews say its pretty decent

Is it available in india? What's the price?

Yes , 12-13k

Moreover is it with andriod 2.1 os? Bluetooth works on it?

2.1 updates for i5700 (not not very stable yet) have been released. No idea about i7500. A2DP works even in 1.5, AFAIK file transfer / OBEX works only in 2.1.

Also the only difference between 5230 and 5233 is 3g isn't?

And GPS.

moreover is there any touchscreen phone in this range with capacitive touchscreen?

Only the corby's i know of.

Two other phones you should checkout are HTC Touch2 ~ 12.2k and Samsung OmniaPRO ~12.5k , both have pretty decent specs

Hi Manu,

Thanks a lot for your answers for so many queries :) .

How's the performance of Corby pro? it's music comparable to Nokia 5230/5800?

Any other mobile phone in this range with Android OS 2.1?

I will surely check the two other models that you have mentioend

Sorry but i haven't used Corby Plus. It looks pretty decent specs wise, but the OS is a big letdown. If you are comfortable with that cartoony thing, then its a good phone. Sound quality should be good, specially with their DNSe engine.Yes, should be comparable to 5230/5233. Also since 3G and GPS isn't on your wish list it makes more sense to buy the 5233 rather than 5230, i got it for 6.5k from ebay.You will save some moolah.

Galaxy is the cheapest android phone, so.... .The next cheapest Android phone is HTC Tattoo ~ 15.6k

ohh okai.. is HTC touch 2 also android?

Cartoony thing :) lol. The only thing that is attracting me is the full qwerty keyboard and nothing else.
I have mine Apple I-touch but till now i am not comfortable with it's touchscreen keyboard.

The only fear with Samsung phones is the battery life as my last experience with them was very very pathetic.

Moreover does capacitive touchscreen really score over other touch screens?

Moreover do any of these mobile phones have snapdragon processor?

and is android is really the thing of the future?

Thanks a lot.

E63 is a good phone but like 5800 thats old now, if you are lookin for a new model in E series E71 will be good and thats is also a bit old now... but after all the reviews i guess 5800 will be better and seconds will cost you around 8k...

if you are happy with your nokia i think you will have trouble adjusting to spica.no bluetooth file transfers,no fm,apps are not as varied as symbian.in android all really useful apps are paid like document viewer etc. for sybbian you will find so many free apps online and a lot of support too from indian users.e63 has exact same specs as e71 except for camera.its a really good device.5800 is old but 5233/5230 have same internals as 5800 and also very stable firmwares.its so customisable in every way!so my suggestion is to go for a nokia for similarity and spica for a taste of android(limited) as it is your secondary phone.depends on your perspective. cheers!!!!!!!

@ Drsingh thanks a lot for your reply. i forgot it check it earlier.

Is it that with android there is No FM,Bluetooth transfer ??? :( . I cant imagine a phone without Bluetooth.

Till now with all the inputs that have been provided I have zeroed down to these mobiles:

Corby Pro :: looks a awesome phone with qwerty but i am concerned about it's music quality and battery.

Samsung i7500 or sapica( but will we get the upgrade for Android 2.1 ??)

Nokia 5230( seems to me a better option than 5233 but the only fault might be that i will not able to use my home wi-fi boradband connection over it :( )

and dont be offended :) fourth one is Micromax Q5 ( it's tracker ball and keypad is making me excited) but have no clue about it's performance as there is very few threads/review over it .

So a further help will be greatly appreciated :)

no 2.1 update for 7500 galaxy.so no bluetooth transfers.no fm.nothing beats symbian s60v5 in terms of cutomisation and functionality right now.just to give you some perspective i do email ,surf the net,music,image editing,video editing,pdf,office docs,make ringtones,use skype,im,facebook all from my nokia 5233.also sync to my pc easily which you cant do in android!

@Drsingh thanks a lot !! it has cleared many of my doubts :)
drsingh said:
no 2.1 update for 7500 galaxy.so no bluetooth transfers.no fm.nothing beats symbian s60v5 in terms of cutomisation and functionality right now.just to give you some perspective i do email ,surf the net,music,image editing,video editing,pdf,office docs,make ringtones,use skype,im,facebook all from my nokia 5233.also sync to my pc easily which you cant do in android!

Will definitely post it. But there will be some delay in it as i will be out of station for quite a long period and will be able to buy and tell my experience only at the fag end of march. but will surely update this thread once i buy the mobile.

Hi searched a lot in the local market but no nokia 5230 is available :( .
And therefore my hunting for a mobile phone has to start again.
now my options are restricted to Nokia 5233 /Samsung corby.

Nokia 5233 the only thing that may be problematic is that it has no 3G and i was thinking of buying a BSNL sim an giving 3G a try, but cant be possible with 5233.

5800 fulfills all the needs but has no qwerty keyboard(somehow fascinated towards qwerty keyboard :) )

Samsung Corby well fulfills everything (3G,Wi-Fi,qwerty keyboard) but in this forum i have not find many who have recommended for it so dont know how it's performance is but spec wise look impressive.

Some people have also recommended e 63 but i have heard lot about its hanging problem.

SO need an another round of help :)

-Thanks

Back