Suggestions for 32" LED TV, need to buy asap.

bigbyte

Skilled
1. Budget.: Flexible, cheaper the better don't want to spend extra but strictly under 20k.

2. Viewing distance. :
4- 7 ft. Max. It's a small room.

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. :
Console (Xbox) and Media player. 99% HD Content

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. :
All we get is LED-LCD these days

5. Preference for brands. :
Should be reliable and within budget.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? :
Yes / Online also.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. :
One Tubelight, small size room. 10 x 10

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
NO

Biggest confusion is shall I opt for Full HD TV vs HD Ready TV. I mean will they make any difference for 32". TV is meant for my kids room for Xbox and Media player usage. Already have 40" for TV viewing.

Models considered are :
Vu 32" HD ready for 13k; My friend has it and I liked the PQ. Reviews are good. No Dolby Digital Audio
Vu Full HD : 15-16k . ADS Panel

TCL 32" HD Ready for 13k: Yet to see it in person but more reputed brand than VU. Uses CSOT make panel. DD Audio support.

Infocus 32" LED HD Ready. ~ 13.5k

Panasonic FULL HD 32C460DX: Available for 19k. Not much review available. ADS Panel
Other Panasonic HD ready models between 18-20k.

Panasonic 32D450D with IPS Panel 21500 minus 2k on Stan char card. HD Ready.

Too many models and too much confusion. That's why this thread.

I got the VU 32 inch HD ready for 12.5k few months back for one of the bedrooms, works fine and picture quality is decent. Got the 3 years warranty from VU official website for 1.9k. So, no worries for the next 3 years at-least. The HD ready and Full HD difference is not noticeable at that size.

Not very happy with the polaroid i bought from FK. it was under 12k but the sound and picture are mediocre. A few thousand more would be well spent. Some people are very happy with some micromax models. Other models seem to be crap. Read lots of reviews...

leaning towards Panasonic 32D400D HD Ready now. It is currently priced at 17k on Amazon, but need to find some one with Standard chartered Bank card who can help me in getting 1700 off on this price. Any forum member can help ?..

For 32", HD ready would be better. FHD on 32" would reduce viewing distance.

Reduce viewing distance ? I didn't know this , but how? The intended use is as TV not monitor.

I bought Sanyo 32" 32S7100F full HD from Amazon for 17.4k with 10% cash back with SC card now. Saw it in the shop (around 24k). It's not as sharp as LG or Samsung but sound quality is really warm and nice. It's base is lot broader due to speakers and looks stable for keeping on table. IMO picture quality wise LG > Samsung / Sanyo. For 15.7k this was a really good deal for me.

Sanyo full hd for 15.7k is also a good deal, though larger size is little downer. You had the advantage of SC card to take benefit of Amazon offer.

Same viewing distance like you have of ~5ft. Better to buy full HD now if you can in 15-17k. I was actually looking at UHD but all of them are 40+ inches. Plus most channels are still stuck in <480p SD quality.
40+ inch is too large for me. Panels are more than a meter in width.

There is one full HD Panasonic for 19k on snapdeal. Sanyo in India is being marketed by Panasonic only.
If I get some one with SC card I'll order Panasonic HD ready or Sanyo else will go for some lower priced TV.
Some how not willing to spend more for a secondary television.

Back