Budget 90k+ Suggestions for a gaming PC build

silverstar

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • ~1.5L
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Irrelevant. I'll be getting rid of most of the stuff.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Case - Phanteks Metallic Gear Neo Air (ATX mid-tower)
    • HDD - WD Blue 2TB
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • See table below
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Couldn't find good deals on 3600MHz so I'll be on the lookout for a RAM upgrade.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Offline (Hyderabad) and online
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • HTPC
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I would prefer brands with good after sales support but no specific preference.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Simulation - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
    • Racing - Forza Horizon 4/5
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1440p or better for games and normal usage (1080p for FS2020)
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • I might try overclocking the memory but I'm not keen on processor overclock.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10/11 Pro
    • Linux - Manjaro
I'm looking to splurge a bit and gift myself a new PC. I'd appreciate suggestions on
  • PSU (I'm thinking Corsair RM650/RM750 but I'm not sure which one to go for in terms of wattage)
  • SSD (current pricing for gen 3 1TB NVME is ~8.5k so the 1k premium on this deal seems to be a worthy spend for me)
  • Motherboard (I prefer ATX form factor to be able to add some HTPC stuff. I'm leaning towards X570 but other than that I have no clue which specific models to consider)
  • CPU cooling solution (I'm confused b/w AIO v/s air-cooler but tentatively I'm looking at Noctua NH-D15 and Corsair H115i series. I'm not too keen on a custom water-cooling loop due to probable budget issues)
  • Case (Based on dimensions everything should fit alright in my case - Phanteks Metallic Gear Neo Air but there may be issues that aren't obivous to me)
Here's my spend till now
Component
Price
Remarks
CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x​
28,000​
In the pipeline to purchase. Can cancel if necessary​
GPU - iGame RTX 3060Ti​
60,000​
Already purchased. GPU market is terrible :\​
Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3200MHz​
11,500​
Paid token amount. Purchasing from TE member​
SSD - WD SN850 1TB M.2 NVME PCIE Gen 4​
9,500​
Total commited spend -> INR 1.09L
Remaining budget -> INR ~41k (I can reasonably strech this a bit more)

1. What is your budget?
    • ~1.5L
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • HDD - WD Blue 2TB
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • See table below
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Couldn't find good deals on 3600MHz so I'll be on the lookout for a RAM upgrade.
    • Yes
    • Gaming
    • HTPC
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • I would prefer brands with good after sales support but no specific preference.
    • Windows 10/11 Pro
    • Linux - Manjaro
I'm looking to splurge a bit and gift myself a new PC. I'd appreciate suggestions on
  • PSU (I'm thinking Corsair RM650/RM750 but I'm not sure which one to go for in terms of wattage)
  • SSD (current pricing for gen 3 1TB NVME is ~8.5k so the 1k premium on this deal seems to be a worthy spend for me)
  • Motherboard (I prefer ATX form factor to be able to add some HTPC stuff. I'm leaning towards X570 but other than that I have no clue which specific models to consider)
  • CPU cooling solution (I'm confused b/w AIO v/s air-cooler but tentatively I'm looking at Noctua NH-D15 and Corsair H115i series. I'm not too keen on a custom water-cooling loop due to probable budget issues)
  • Case (Based on dimensions everything should fit alright in my case - Phanteks Metallic Gear Neo Air but there may be issues that aren't obivous to me)
Here's my spend till now
Component
Price
Remarks
CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x​
28,000​
GPU - iGame RTX 3060Ti​
60,000​
11,500​
9,500​
where are you getting SSD - WD SN850 1TB M.2 NVME PCIE Gen 4 for ₹9,500 only ! please share :)

If you are keen on using the ATX form factor for its additional PCIe slots (bottom slot, Chipset driven, for some capture card etc.), then the x570 has its benefits in terms of the CPU-Chipset link speed being higher compared to B550, and also more PCIe4 lanes.

MSI x570 Tomahawk WiFi is a highly rated board in terms of its VRM quality. Also has WiFi6. However, heard about some RMA issues (on TE itself) with MSI, do please do the research.

Noctua NH-D15 any day of the week over an AIO. Use the savings to run the room A/C in summers a degree or two lower.

For the PSU, if you want future-proofing, go for an 850 W capacity unit if you can. Can never hurt over-speccing in this area, as future upgrades might push you over the limit (if the crypto crash comes and we rake in 3090s by the dozen).

1. What is your budget?
    • ~1.5L
    • HDD - WD Blue 2TB
    • See table below
    • Yes
    • Gaming
    • HTPC
    • Windows 10/11 Pro
    • Linux - Manjaro
Here's my spend till now
Component
Price
Remarks
CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x​
28,000​
GPU - iGame RTX 3060Ti​
60,000​
11,500​
9,500​
CPU/mobo - Do consider Intel Core i5-12400 and a B660 mobo
Memory - I'd advice minimum of 3600MHz CL16, but since you've paid token amount, not sure if you can retract
PSU - Get the Corsair RM850 80+ Gold
AIO - Get the Corsair H100i capellex and add few more fans for push-pull config
Monitor - Gigabyte G27Q or LG 32GK650
SSD - WD SN850 1TB if you're sure of getting it for <10k. If not SN750 1TB is good too.

If you are keen on using the ATX form factor for its additional PCIe slots (bottom slot, Chipset driven, for some capture card etc.), then the x570 has its benefits in terms of the CPU-Chipset link speed being higher compared to B550, and also more PCIe4 lanes.

MSI x570 Tomahawk WiFi is a highly rated board in terms of its VRM quality. Also has WiFi6. However, heard about some RMA issues (on TE itself) with MSI, do please do the research.

Noctua NH-D15 any day of the week over an AIO. Use the savings to run the room A/C in summers a degree or two lower.

For the PSU, if you want future-proofing, go for an 850 W capacity unit if you can. Can never hurt over-speccing in this area, as future upgrades might push you over the limit (if the crypto crash comes and we rake in 3090s by the dozen).
I would suggest to go for a smps which supports PCI-E 5 as the power pin thing is going to make everyone upgrade for sure. also 1000 watt is future proof.
and 3090's :greedy:

I've read about MSI RMA issues on TE and Reddit as well and MSI X570 Tomahawk was also my choice initially. I've got not too many ideas about the other brands/models.
Perfect! I'll have to calculate clearance between the GPU and CPU cooler. Case specs suggest no issue but GPU is x3 size and NH-D15 is massive as well so I want to avoid a hotspot and air circulation issues b/w the cooler and GPU backplate.
I'm not too keen on future-proofing right away but I'll look into it. Budget would be the biggest bottleneck. At the bare minimum a 750W capacity would be alright yeah? 650W will probably cut it too close under spikes I feel.

I've read about MSI RMA issues on TE and Reddit as well and MSI X570 Tomahawk was also my choice initially. I've got not too many ideas about the other brands/models.

Perfect! I'll have to calculate clearance between the GPU and CPU cooler. Case specs suggest no issue but GPU is x3 size and NH-D15 is massive as well so I want to avoid a hotspot and air circulation issues b/w the cooler and GPU backplate.

I'm not too keen on future-proofing right away but I'll look into it. Budget would be the biggest bottleneck. At the bare minimum a 750W capacity would be alright yeah? 650W will probably cut it too close under spikes I feel.
Where are you getting the Sn 850 1tb From, Please share links

750 W Should be fine for the current setup (3060Ti @ upto ~250W; 5800X @ upto ~150W, Rest of the system @ ~100W, plus margins and spikes).
There may be some minor headroom with 750W as well, but not much I guess.

Also, as @princeoo7 said, the PCIe5 connector is the in thing, but any PSUs with that would be crazy expensive considering novelty and only top end SKUs would have that for now. In that case, maybe a 750 now and then a new PSU whenever a full upgrade is done may be the way to go.

I would suggest to go for a smps which supports PCI-E 5 as the power pin thing is going to make everyone upgrade for sure. also 1000 watt is future proof.

Also, as @princeoo7 said, the PCIe5 connector is the in thing, but any PSUs with that would be crazy expensive considering novelty and only top end SKUs would have that for now

The connector itself shouldn't make people upgrade, because adapters will surely be released ? What do you guys think ?

And if the heart of the PSU needs change to support the new PCIe power supply standard, maybe to allow spikes, still PSUs with a decent headroom may be certified as working with an adapter. E.g. a good quality 1000W PSU maybe certified for working with a PCIe gen 5 adapter as long as total system requirements don't exceed 800W ?

Any news, leaks, suspicions around this topic ?

The connector itself shouldn't make people upgrade, because adapters will surely be released ? What do you guys think ?

And if the heart of the PSU needs change to support the new PCIe power supply standard, maybe to allow spikes, still PSUs with a decent headroom may be certified as working with an adapter. E.g. a good quality 1000W PSU maybe certified for working with a PCIe gen 5 adapter as long as total system requirements don't exceed 800W ?

no psu on market supports 600watt on one line. max is 450 watt by asus rog series which they did marketed to be compactable for pci-e 5 but later in testing found that it was not sufficient.

Sorry for hijacking the original thread, seems interesting in the context and is also somewhat useful for the OP.
no psu on market supports 600watt on one line. max is 450 watt by asus rog series which they did marketed to be compactable for pci-e 5 but later in testing found that it was not sufficient.
Ok, so you are saying the culture of multiple PCIe power cables for one GPU will fade away, at least for GPUs needing less than 600W ? Otherwise, if GPU and PSU makers want to keep backwards compatibility, GPUs can have multiple PCIe power slots so that people with older PSUs can use multiple cables each supplying around 200W, with some power coming from the PCIe slot itself.

E.g RTX 3090 needs 350 W according to Nvidia, so it supports 2 power connectors.

Sorry for hijacking the original thread, seems interesting in the context and is also somewhat useful for the OP.

Ok, so you are saying the culture of multiple PCIe power cables for one GPU will fade away, at least for GPUs needing less than 600W ? Otherwise, if GPU and PSU makers want to keep backwards compatibility, GPUs can have multiple PCIe power slots so that people with older PSUs can use multiple cables each supplying around 200W, with some power coming from the PCIe slot itself.

E.g RTX 3090 needs 350 W according to Nvidia, so it supports 2 power connectors.
as per PCI-E standard. if a card and a psu can support then yes, you will only need a 12 pin connector single wire. that was the true intention for that in 3000 series of cards but they are not pci-e 5 version but are pci-e 4 which I think max out at 450 so it works on the asus Rog series of psu. converter might be a thing but I think it would require 3 of current cables like what we have for higher end gpu.

Connectors will be available so the fear to upgrade an entire psu just for pcie5 compatibility is a no brainer but obviously someone holding on a 450/550w doesn't make sense using the connectors as it cannot deliver.
Also, only from 4xx series cards we might see these connectors implemented.
Off recently only we are getting hands on 3xxx and some still settling on 1xxx wile 2xxx series is literally nowhere in the picture so byt the time we all move to 4xxx cards it will a major system overhaul for majority of us or at least a psu upgrade and not to forget these psus will again be priced pretty high and might take advantage of the global gpu situation..everyone wants a piece of $$$

small correction. it will require 4 cables from psu to power a 600watt card as per the current psu (there was an article on this but can't find it as it was in the suggestion section of android :p ) . 2 with the asus rog series psu which is quite expensive and no one in right mind would want a connector connected to this setup. that's why new psu are been prepared with PCI-E 5 standards and people will likely have to upgrade for new standard card.

Noctua NH-D15 any day of the week over an AIO.
NH-D15 is an absolute monster in terms of size but long story short, there are clearance issues with the case I have. I really like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO which based on reviews seems to be the next best option (that fits on my case) and it costs similar to the NH-D15.

Last edited:
small correction. it will require 4 cables from psu to power a 600watt card as per the current psu (there was an article on this but can't find it as it was in the suggestion section of android :p ) . 2 with the asus rog series psu which is quite expensive and no one in right mind would want a connector connected to this setup. that's why new psu are been prepared with PCI-E 5 standards and people will likely have to upgrade for new standard card.
i was wondering with all the posts about PSU power for future proof, can't we accomodate 2 PSUs for 500Ws or 600W, in to the CABINET and make use of it, what will be the consequences having such a setup. coz Future CPU, GPU will eat as many watts like say 350W each, so 700Ws for just CPU and GPU itself, having said that, instead of going for 1 SMPS of 1.2KW , y can't we have double SMPS in one cabinet.

Back