Suggestions for a good cordless telephone

Piggybacking on this post to ask if there's any cordless phones around that still have support for two lines? Seems like there aren't many options left.

Why is the RJ-11 port provided on the router then? How is that supposed to work with a regular phone
The ONT device (router supplied by airtel) does the VoIP to POTS conversion.
For the end user, its simply a matter of plugging any regular cord or cordless phone that uses a rj11 to the port.

The connection works exactly like a traditional phone from the end user perspective.

For the OP, yes, you can use pretty much any traditional phone with the connection

And then at the back of the router- "Made in India"
It would have come in parts and assembled in HYD
A normal landline phone will work with the RJ-11 port. The phone doesn't have to support VoIP, that job is done by your fiber modem.
It does the VoIp internally. The only access available is through the RJ-11
Reg cordless, consider the possibility that with everything going wireless these days, far too many wifi networks around you cordless may have interference issues.
Correct. This is why a few years back I opted for a pair of DECT enabled cordless phones and it was an import from the gulf for 6k odd. You could get a single unit for around 3k.

There is only one brand to consider and that is Panasonic. The trouble is the Indian ones all work on the same 2.4Ghz wifi frequency

DECT works in the 1.85-1.9Ghz frequency

@Ssreek
Check the shops for gulf imports, Amazon has nothing at the prices available from five years back. And get one with a backlit display so the number pad is lit too.

A pair is better than one as when the battery dies you can use the other and it is also a backup in case one unit dies for any reason.

Last edited:
It would have come in parts and assembled in HYD

It does the VoIp internally. The only access available is through the RJ-11

Correct. This is why a few years back I opted for a pair of DECT enabled cordless phones and it was an import from the gulf for 6k odd. You could get a single unit for around 3k.

There is only one brand to consider and that is Panasonic. The trouble is the Indian ones all work on the same 2.4Ghz wifi frequency

DECT works in the 1.85-1.9Ghz frequency

@Ssreek
Check the shops for gulf imports, Amazon has nothing at the prices available from five years back. And get one with a backlit display so the number pad is lit too.

A pair is better than one as when the battery dies you can use the other and it is also a backup in case one unit dies for any reason.

I understand the interference with 2.4ghz, but currently, no device in my home is using 2.4ghz, all are using 5ghz wifi only.
In that case, would it still cause interference?
There are some gulf import shops I know I visited long back. Will definitely check them.

I understand the interference with 2.4ghz, but currently, no device in my home is using 2.4ghz, all are using 5ghz wifi only.
In that case, would it still cause interference?
No, it won't cause any interference then. 5ghz is useless in my house because my walls are quite thick. So 2.4 is what I use mainly.

There are some gulf import shops I know I visited long back. Will definitely check them.
You might find more options.

Back