Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

@sunny :- am not making prsonal jibes at anyone... i was just telling in good harmony that u shud be a pulsar agent !! if u feel bad about it then i apologise... :(
BTW, I have already bookd the twister and the delivery is due in 10 days time.. i was contemplating between the twister and other 150c bikes.... i has no intention of hurting u or ur pulsar !!! ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

typo : i have no intention of hurting u or ur pulsar !!! ;)

You did take a right decision... :) Happy riding
ashu said:
today, i went to get delivery of dazzler and unfortunately there was some problem with fuel tank in the bike which was alloted to me... and another dazzler was available only after a week.... so he gave me option of honda unicorn.... and i took it.... so far it is butter smooth........ i hope made a right decision in the end... :)

sunny27 said:
FZ-s? a bike which is beaten when it comes to performance and mileage by a Pulsar 135cc bike.
A person who go to a show room to buy a bike for commuting daily doesn't intend to race on the road.

Coming to beating pulsar -135 or any other pulsar. Are you challenging Yamaha/Honda ? I hope not.
B'coz Yamaha has a bike named R-15 which can make the P-220 owner shit in his pants (in terms of power and speed). Don't take it otherwise,i said just for the sake of it. ;)

Now coming to P-135, you might feel its a great bike bla bla and i agree it has good power but when it comes to reliability, maintenance ,this bike stands no where compared to FZ-S or any other Yamaha/Honda.

Now coming to FZ,its designed to ride in the streets with great handling and stability. The tag line of FZ also says that "Lord of the street."

Every bike is designed for different purpose and so is the FZ. As madnav explained the requirement/purpose of every user is different,so just don't pull in speed in to every comparison.

ramanujpatro said:
B'coz Yamaha has a bike named R-15 which can make the P-220 owner shit in his pants (in terms of power and speed).

lol are you serious ! You mean R15 producing 17PS @ 8500rpm is more powerful than P220 producing 21PS @ 8500rpm ?? Regarding top speed they are neck to neck ... Major thing going for R15 is its awesome handling, around the corners its pure bliss... P220 has to sacrifice its handling coz of long wheelbase...

Ignore them man! I've seen you on XBHP as well in some of the threads - you've got quite a lot of rep there I guess. Our forums are flooded with riff raff!

wow the guy got a unicorn instead of the dazzler? that's great... i thought the cb had a way longer waiting period than the dazzler which tbh doesn't look as classy and costs more too.

i wanted to go for honda bike... for its engine smoothness and daily commuting, mileage.... unicorn waiting period was 6-7 months therefore i booked dazzler... and when dealer said there is some problem with dazzler allocated to you.... my father said give us then unicorn....... dealer gave that option......after lot of thoughts....finally gone for unicorn...... :)

sunny27 said:
Ignore them man! I've seen you on XBHP as well in some of the threads - you've got quite a lot of rep there I guess. Our forums are flooded with riff raff!

Seriously man! there is limit to fanboyism ... I'm afraid you are wrong about rep part, not much active there :p

Guyz,
cancelled the booking of cb twister and booked the yamaha FZ-S instead.... Cyber green and black colour.... had to compromise on mileage but its a funddo bike... smooth engine and great handling....
Will post the pics tomm....

Thanks a lot guyz... and belated happy diwali to all of you.. will ask u guyz for advice if Bike encounters any problems....

@mods :- This has been one great thread.. lots of helpful people.... Plz close the thread if u want !!! :):)

vheezay said:
Guyz,
cancelled the booking of cb twister and booked the yamaha FZ-S instead.... Cyber green and black colour.... had to compromise on mileage but its a funddo bike... smooth engine and great handling....
Will post the pics tomm....

Thanks a lot guyz... and belated happy diwali to all of you.. will ask u guyz for advice if Bike encounters any problems....

@mods :- This has been one great thread.. lots of helpful people.... Plz close the thread if u want !!! :):)

didn't expect that to happen :eek:

Now that you have got a gr8 bike,we need a party ;)

Congrats & drive safe

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

abhifusion said:
lol are you serious ! You mean R15 producing 17PS @ 8500rpm is more powerful than P220 producing 21PS @ 8500rpm ?? Regarding top speed they are neck to neck ... Major thing going for R15 is its awesome handling, around the corners its pure bliss... P220 has to sacrifice its handling coz of long wheelbase...

that is why i said , 150cc will make the 220 owners shit.

that is where bajaj fails.

BTW, i hope you know why bajaj started its 'fastest indian' adv and who challenged them to retune the bike ?

Congo Vheezay...

@Ramananuj : Leave it bro.. Its the same thing like,I am AMD fanboy, so if I own an Athlon X4, I will still say that its the best processor than any other CPU without experiencing the i5's or i7's. So the actual scenario is different whereas what I think of my Athlon X4 is different. So Athlon x4 is available cheaply whereas i5's cost more..So even though both are having 4 cores, does it mean it performs equal to i5?? NO, it doesnt. It just cant. Can it overclock to what most i5's do?? No it wont.. So I can understand pulsar lovers over here... Now some would say, how can I compare processors to bike, but its not a comparison, its just an example to give an idea on how we get biased to particular thing, it happens with everyone

Anywayz the OP has sticked to quality (HONDA/YAMAHA) and so the thread has served its purpose.

Things are looking bright for bajaj though. KTM tech, insane R & D and most importantly they are being patient with the launch. The 200+ cc segment finally is going to have a lot of worthy options.

Hullo everyone !!! finally some action on my thread !!!

Yes, i got the bike... forgot to post the pics..... Its a fantastic bike.. giving me around 40kmpl since the first day !!! Is that good ??? i hae not taken the bike still out on the highway, but am riding it at 45-50kmph speed....

I personally feel that a bike stays however you want it to be. So, don't ride it at 45-50... increase it to 50-60... that's a decent speed plus it wont put much pressure on the engine or give less mileage. And, as soon as its 1500-2000 Kms or 1 month (whicever is first)... give it for the 1st servicing. After 2 services, the bike becomes smooth and it starts performing in a better way compared to the initial first 2 months. Goodluck and ride safe... ;)

Dont care about FE now ... Enjoy the ride each time you take it out
vheezay said:
Hullo everyone !!! finally some action on my thread !!!

Yes, i got the bike... forgot to post the pics..... Its a fantastic bike.. giving me around 40kmpl since the first day !!! Is that good ??? i hae not taken the bike still out on the highway, but am riding it at 45-50kmph speed....

Will be starting a new thread as my bro wants to buy a 100-125 cc bike...... hez more keen on hero honda ..hope u guyz would help.....
i'll post my bike's pics tommm !!!

Back