Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

vheezay said:
Try is what i'll do.. but i've never ridden with a pillion before.....i hv always rode a bike alone... :(

This can be a very unique way of telling somebody that you are a virgin... just saying :p

madnav said:
The 1st gen DTS-i model I rode for 6months used to require oil change at every 1200km.

100km above that and engine would heat and smell within 5mins of ride.

Not sure if the newer models can last longer wrt oil.

Mineral oil lasts 2.5k kms , semi around 3.5k and fully lasts 6k kms in my P220... I'm talking about Motul ! PPL put Castrol having xW40 grade and complain about harshness whereas recommended grade is xW50 (For Pulsar)...

@ OP, Dude 10 page long thread and still you have not decided, kudos :D... Most of the ppl I have seen commenting on reliability of Pulsar have never owned one before... P135 strikes most of your requirements... But since you are hell bent on not getting Bajaj, Dazzler/Fz(lil overpriced) are good choices... Twister is lightweight commuter centric motorcycle, it wont give you Joy of riding...

vheezay said:
Ok..one more thing.... if i buy the twister , will the bike have enuf power to carry 2 ppl??? i mean with a pillion...read somehwre that the bike will not have any power if therez a pillion
Yes it can. I was even able to handle mild mountain slopes with a person sitting behind me.

Have you owned Twister too ;) Answer would be NO... Owning a bike is different thing whereas experiencing a ride on the same bike many times is different... So IMO its not at all necessary to own a bike to review it... no hard feelings..cheers

abhifusion said:
Most of the ppl I have seen commenting on reliability of Pulsar have never owned one before... P135 strikes most of your requirements... But since you are hell bent on not getting Bajaj, Dazzler/Fz(lil overpriced) are good choices... Twister is lightweight commuter centric motorcycle, it wont give you Joy of riding...

chiragsthakur said:
Have you owned Twister too ;) Answer would be NO... Owning a bike is different thing whereas experiencing a ride on the same bike many times is different... So IMO its not at all necessary to own a bike to review it... no hard feelings..cheers

I'm not talking about reliability here, just pointed out its market position :) ... cheers !

Take a test ride and be done with your bike related virginity already :p

or does the 1st time have to be so special that even the test RIDE would count?

always try when you have many options at hand. There is no going back.

Update :- Dramatic saturday morn...Didnt go to panvel.. Booked the bike in thane itself to avoid all confusion...
Went to the Honda Showroom First and TD'ed the Twister and the Dazzler.... Showroom guy said dazzler is not available .
Next went to the yamaha showroom and had a TD of FZ-Sand ss125....FZ-S was one hell ofa bike... Was going to book it as one of my friends knew the yamaha showroom guy and he was ready to give it for 75k OTR but dropped out due to poor yamaha A.S.S
Next went to bajaj showroom and had a TD of P135....It is really smooth and fun to drive.. but the gear shifting was not as smooth as the honda....

Finally came back to the honda showroom with al the odcuments and booked the twister....Red Colour... will post the pics soon...
Thanks a lot guyz.....146 posts and finally a bike has come !!!

Very wise decision at the end... But IMO you shouldnt have dropped the idea of getting a FZs at that price... TO be true "Yamaha ko jyada maintenance nahi ata hai"

You should book FZs if possible..

Dont get tired of me liking many comments, its just that I have the habit of liking comments to which I reply, just as a notification that you have a reply from me. ;)

Lolzz...yup even am thinking the same...but mileage is very low on the fz-s....in how many days can i cancel the booking if i want to book another bike???

I have no idea regarding cancellation.. If you use FZS it will return you a mileage of about 35-40kmpl. Bit more on highways... So not bad IMO... I am not a lord, but even then I use RX135 which now returns only 30 to 35kmpl mileage in daily round trip distance of 32kms. So almost I spend about 65 per day. But I enjoy the ride.. Thats what is imp for me when choosing a bike. But in your case, distance is more, so you take a call depending upon how much are you willing to spend on fuel daily or monthly

chiragsthakur said:
You should book FZs if possible..

Dont get tired of me liking many comments, its just that I have the habit of liking comments to which I reply, just as a notification that you have a reply from me. ;)

and I thought you really liked them man..
you have played with our emotions...
how could you do this ?!!!
you are a monster...

Not always re, those comments which I really like, I never reply on those ;)... But I really liked your comments...:D You can check my profile and see the number of likes I have given... crossed 1000

madnav said:
and I thought you really liked them man..

you have played with our emotions...

how could you do this ?!!!

you are a monster...

ye kya chal raha hai mere thread pe !!! if u both wanna continue liking each other.....ahem ahem...plzz open ur own thread !!! lolzzzzz :p:p

You are fortunate that we guys were here to help you, or you would have ended taking a Pulsar... :rofl: ;)

vheezay said:
ye kya chal raha hai mere thread pe !!! if u both wanna continue liking each other.....ahem ahem...plzz open ur own thread !!! lolzzzzz :p:p

boss.. pulsar was never in my equation... yaa it was there in my final list but i was never gonna buy it.. i just wanted to see how its like since so many ppl r raving abt it.....
Finally its a HONDA or a YAMAHA...lolzzz..
but thank u guyz.....

I say you had it in equation +pulsar-pulsar, so got deleted at the end... :)

vheezay said:
boss.. pulsar was never in my equation... yaa it was there in my final list but i was never gonna buy it.. i just wanted to see how its like since so many ppl r raving abt it.....

Finally its a HONDA or a YAMAHA...lolzzz..

but thank u guyz.....

hey guys reading ur posts past few days . . actually ive booked my bike two days back . . its P180 . . (i know many of them wud hate my choice) . . jus wanted to know from pulsar ppl who own it that is the bike dat reliable enough for say 2-3 years of riding ?? . . i agree it wud need proper servicing on time and maintenance . . actually im a great fan of pulsar (its firing especially) . . wanted to go for 220 jus coz of its silencer bt it was out of my budget with low mileage since my daily travel to office both way is around 35kms . . so i needed a bike to gv me around 45 . . remaining specs i didnt c at all . . but now after reading through the posts a bubble has come up into my mind whether it was a wise decision . . so just need to confirm the exact mileage and also the ride experience . .

sorry for posting in some1 elses thread bt since ive been reading the post i tht of psoting it here . .

And ppl who r mere advicing me on basis of other ppl's experience please think dat its going to b a big decision for me and also cost me my all the savings :ill:

Back