Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

sunny27 said:
. Service your Pulsar every 1500 km or at least every 45 days to keep it running perfectly for as long as you want.

This my friend is a big downside. As IMO, this period is too short & our lives are too busy to be standing with bike service station every 1.5months. I had a Honda before, used to get it serviced every 120days. And even after 8years, the engine is still going strong with no complaints whatsoever. no extra noises, no noticeable vibrations.

This my friend, is an example of quality of Honda Engine. Bajaj can't match this kind of craftmenship;)

And don't get me wrong. I am not saying that pulsar is bad bike, just saying that Honda engines are 100x better than bajaj:p

When I inquiries regarding honda dazzler, only thane sai point said, honda is making some modification, hence price will go up, all other dealers had dazzlr available, I booked mine from sharayu panvel

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

yup..sai point honda... the dealer was indulding in some glib talk.. he says dazzler dosent hv gr8 FE..go for twister etc....
@ashu :- OTR price for dazzler in panvel ?? also what freebies u got ???

Otr is 73900 in panvel, dealer promised me leg guard and saree guard as freebies.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

73900????:cool2: everywhere its more than 75+.... i enquired in pune yesterday and they were quoting 76700 and no freebies... apparently they were having some scheme for twister but its costing more than OTR price in thane....

Have to go to panvel to have a look at it.....
is it near the panvel bus depot ????? can u give me the contact details plzzz:)

vheezay said:
73900????:cool2: everywhere its more than 75+.... i enquired in pune yesterday and they were quoting 76700 and no freebies... apparently they were having some scheme for twister but its costing more than OTR price in thane....

Have to go to panvel to have a look at it.....

is it near the panvel bus depot ????? can u give me the contact details plzzz:)

HH, Honda, Yamaha, TVS... all showrooms are in each others proximity in panvel and one can not miss to notice them while entering panvel.

Just keep entering panvel until you encounter a flyover being constructed. you will notice HH and Honda showrooms on LHS of the road while passing alongside that flyover.

The ex-showroom price was lower on cbr. or you can just call them and ask

73938 is the OTR for Dazzler in Panvel....is wot the attendant at Sharayu honda told me when i enquired....Wonder how the price is so less in panvel....wish the FZ-S were at this price....but it costs around 80 which i feel is way too high for a 150cc bike...
Looking fwd to booking it this saturday.....

Still in a dilemma between twister and the dazzler.....have dropped off the bajaj p135 idea....

vheezay said:
Still in a dilemma between twister and the dazzler.....have dropped off the bajaj p135 idea....
hahahahahahahahahahaha
you have narrowed down on these two and ur still thinking on which one?
that is one real tough decision to make
best of luck :bleh::bleh::bleh:

FYI my vote goes for the dazzler

P.S - my complete condolences for the 1-1 draw :p:p against liverpool

vheezay said:
73938 is the OTR for Dazzler in Panvel....is wot the attendant at Sharayu honda told me when i enquired....Wonder how the price is so less in panvel....wish the FZ-S were at this price....but it costs around 80 which i feel is way too high for a 150cc bike...

Looking fwd to booking it this saturday.....

do not go by OTR pricing.

if ex-showroom price is considerably lower then only it should matter.

you would still have to do the registration from Thane RTO and Honda @ panvel will charge you wrt that.

most probably they will avoid taking your booking as thane is too far for them to handle RTO, unless you butter them with some incentives. ultimately it will end up costing the same.

I have also heard about low FE of dazzler. Also read somewhere that Honda has suspended roduction to rectify.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

@kevin:- that's what sai point honda guy told me
@madnav :- when i called her she asked me from where am i calling.. I told her i'm calling from thane and asked her the price...she told me its inclusive of RTO, Smart card, number plate etc..... would i have to again do the registration at Thane RTO ???
@dark prince :- That freekick leading to the 1st goal should not hv been given... ref was on pool side that day.... aw, we were playing for a draw only as we had a big next week !!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Have finalised in booking the dazzler....yoohooo..finally dilemma is over unless some new bike comes along !!!

Just want to know if i buy the vehicle in panvel with RTO registration etc..would i have to re-register it again at Thane RTO or can use it freely as it already has the MH- Registration....

If you dont have any other address than Thane on your documents, then you have to get the bike registered from Thane RTO I guess. Ask her the details again including this doubt of yours, better to speak to a male representative.

And regarding free kick, well i say it was a second yellow and Ferdinand had to be sent off, but luckily escaped.

vheezay said:
@madnav :- when i called her she asked me from where am i calling.. I told her i'm calling from thane and asked her the price...she told me its inclusive of RTO, Smart card, number plate etc..... would i have to again do the registration at Thane RTO ???

@dark prince :- That freekick leading to the 1st goal should not hv been given... ref was on pool side that day.... aw, we were playing for a draw only as we had a big next week !!!

vheezay said:
@kevin:- that's what sai point honda guy told me

Have finalised in booking the dazzler....yoohooo..finally dilemma is over unless some new bike comes along !!!

Just want to know if i buy the vehicle in panvel with RTO registration etc..would i have to re-register it again at Thane RTO or can use it freely as it already has the MH- Registration....

What happens is that they 1st calculate Registration wrt Panvel, then they apply taxes.

in my case:

They applied charges wrt Panvel Passing

Added 1% Cess which is applicable in NaviMumbai, Adding some other charge I do not remember.

The finally value of passing comes down to the same value you would pay at thane directly. All you save is on the Ex-showroom pricing...which was lower at panvel in my case. But I ended up paying almost same as they had a higher margin on insurance premium. Didnt bother me much as the intention was to get the bike instantly.

As for Pratik Honda at Vashi.

I would request members to avoid them.

Reasons:

1. Misleading information about the product.

a. CBR is better than Ninja in Performance.

b. The bike has Top speed of 200kmph

2. Invalid claims to dupe customers

a. Claimed that the AMC being provided for 1yr @ Rs3300/- is compulsory from Honda. Fact is that it is not. Pure scam from dealership.

b. CBR or any bike must be serviced every month even if it is lying idle. (even if service manual says 6000km or 6months)

I asked documentation for the 'compulsory' part and they did not provide any.

vheezay said:
Still in a dilemma between twister and the dazzler

Just try for a TD on the Dazzler and the Twister. Put the Dazzler in 5th gear and apply full throttle from 50. No whine, no growl, no vibration, no rattle as the speedo climbs. Then theres the Dazzlers better brakes, balance, build quality, dials, seats .... etc.

Hmmmm....
I asked one of my friends yesterday and he said all i needed was a valid address proff to get the bike registered from panvel.. he said i can show any friends address and his light bill.... He said the agents do tis themeselves if u bribe them.....now how much will be the bribe i dunno.....

regarding the free kick it shouldnt have been given in the first place...charlie adam dived .. this is an age old ploy beign employed by the scousers to win unethically against Manutd..... But in the end they still coulnt beat us !!! hahaha :)

I've been reading posts regarding the dazzler in diff forums and all of them are saying it has a low FE compared to the Original Unicorn... is it true ?????

Any idea how is the yamaha ss125????? sure lacks the digital consoles of dazzler but heard its a fine bike.....beats p135 in all aspects....
Considering it also before i book a bike this sat for sure.....

No Replies !!!! Seems all Tech-enclave fanboi's r asleep !!!! guyz, am surely buying a bike.. am not here just to increase my post count !!! plzz haaalp :)

you wont save more than 2k by registering the bike at panvel rto imo.

not worth the hassle, prefer to get it done in your area.

bikes with registration outside locality are the ones that get stopped at each and every rto and police checkup. so unless you drive with helmet every damn time you would want to get it registered locally.

dont bother if you keep shifting to places.

I guess you are right.... Since am spending so much money might as well spend 2-3k more and get the bike in Thane itself. :)

Now my choices are
1) Dazzler ( Not available in thane.. have to look for some other showroom in thane/vashi/mulund) - 1st choice
2) Twister - 2nd choice
3) yamaha ss125 - Read reviews on mouthshut, zigwheels,autoindiaforum,etc etc and all hv recommended it.....remains my 2nd choice
4) If nothing goes then we go back to the most popular bike in our country... Pulsar 135....last choice.....

Will post the pics of the new bike ( if delivered on the spot/booked).

Sorry for keeping u biking gurus bored for so long..... :):).... Any comments are welcome....

vheezay said:
I guess you are right.... Since am spending so much money might as well spend 2-3k more and get the bike in Thane itself. :)

Now my choices are

1) Dazzler ( Not available in thane.. have to look for some other showroom in thane/vashi/mulund) - 1st choice

2) Twister - 2nd choice

3) yamaha ss125 - Read reviews on mouthshut, zigwheels,autoindiaforum,etc etc and all hv recommended it.....remains my 2nd choice

4) If nothing goes then we go back to the most popular bike in our country... Pulsar 135....last choice.....

Will post the pics of the new bike ( if delivered on the spot/booked).

Sorry for keeping u biking gurus bored for so long..... :):).... Any comments are welcome....

errrr

what Im saying is get the Registration done from Thane RTO.

you can buy the bike from panvel as well and tell them to register it with thane. get an estimate and see if it costs you considerably less.

panvel has a lower exshowroom value.

you can just check the ex showroom prices over manufacturer's site instead of making calls to the respective show room.

I would suggest reading ownership reviews of these bikes over xbhp and team-bhp forums to make a more informed decision.

Back