Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

bhavik_9488 said:
hey guys reading ur posts past few days . . actually ive booked my bike two days back . . its P180 . . (i know many of them wud hate my choice) . . jus wanted to know from pulsar ppl who own it that is the bike dat reliable enough for say 2-3 years of riding ?? . . i agree it wud need proper servicing on time and maintenance . . actually im a great fan of pulsar (its firing especially) . . wanted to go for 220 jus coz of its silencer bt it was out of my budget with low mileage since my daily travel to office both way is around 35kms . . so i needed a bike to gv me around 45 . . remaining specs i didnt c at all . . but now after reading through the posts a bubble has come up into my mind whether it was a wise decision . . so just need to confirm the exact mileage and also the ride experience . .

sorry for posting in some1 elses thread bt since ive been reading the post i tht of psoting it here . .

And ppl who r mere advicing me on basis of other ppl's experience please think dat its going to b a big decision for me and also cost me my all the savings :ill:

Well if you have already booked, then no point in asking whether it was a wise decision or not ;)

One of the reason why bajaj is able to sell their crap is bcoz people have limited budget and they get a 180cc at the price of 1500cc honda/yamaha . So, its quite obvious people will buy a 180cc instead of 150cc .

I would say spend some 10k bugs more and get peace of mind :cool:

That was my part of thinking, rest all depends on you.

Go for Honda/Yamaha man.. pulsar is too common on the roads.....go for sumthing which stands out in the crowd !!! ..BTW , How much did the P180 cost you on road??? if it is in the range of 80k-85k get a FZ-S and fuhget everything....

He is ready to do proper servicing. I know it will come down to weekly basis, but he needs comments from P180 owners rather.. :) AFAIK it should have cost him around 74K to 76K on road... I normally think Pulsar as COD franchise ;)
vheezay said:
Go for Honda/Yamaha man.. pulsar is too common on the roads.....go for sumthing which stands out in the crowd !!! ..BTW , How much did the P180 cost you on road??? if it is in the range of 80k-85k get a FZ-S and fuhget everything....

@chiragsthakur : Definitely im ready for the timely servicing and maintenance coz i know the problems faced by puslar owners as im amongst the group of ppl 6 of them having 220 . . and all of them maintain the bike the way any1 cudnt think of . . so the point comes is jus the maintenance cost and the time u need to gv to the bike . .

@vheezay : Im gettin it for 74500 on-road bro . . i know its too common and even i like FZ/Fazer but both are too short for me as im 6"1' so they look like a tricycle to me . . any other bike doesnt even come in mind :juggle:

@ramanujpatro : I never rated puslar a crap . . i myself own a honda activa . . so i know the quality of the honda engines too . . its really good and for long-term run . . and when it comes to pricing acc to me its the plant bajaj have it in pune itself thats within maharashtra which makes it cost less compared to honda bikes . . well gv me a bike amongst the hondas and yamahas which gvs a mileage of around 45 with 180cubics . . i did my part of research i went with the choice (amongst the list wer HH cbz extreme(new), pulsar, apache a second hand 220 :p). . acc to me guys u own a power-machine and u say that the maintenance cost is high . . its any bike which wud demand . . quality oil, lubes and ur bike wud run for 4-5 years without any problems . . well if i go for a honda/yamaha does that mean i wont need to service at all or that frequently ??? even they do and the cumulative cost comes the same . . bt also the bikes i think doesnt gv that performance compared to the puslar. . . thats again IMO.

but my request of opinion was from the 180 owners . . since they know much better about the actual mileage and performance .
@chiragsthakur : before postin this reply . . i just read by dec 2011 bajaj is going to launch altogether a different pulsar with pulsar as a brand itself . . a technology higher than the dtsi . . they claim its goin to b revolution in biking . . well bajaj has always shocked the market with their products . . now wondering y didnt they commented a few days back . . cant wait to gt my new bike and such things tend to make me delay . . im totally confused :dizzy:

@sunny27 :Here comes the pulsar maniac !!! i was just havinga chat with a friend of mine who is an expert on bikes and he said plzz dont buy any bajaj bikes... they r sure to give u trouble in a years time.. no reliability....at all... go for yamaha fz-s even if it gives a low mileage...or a honda unicorn even if there is a waiting period of 3 mnths or if both are not there then go for a HUNK/Apache rtr 160

bhavik_9488 said:
hey guys reading ur posts past few days . . actually ive booked my bike two days back . . its P180 . . (i know many of them wud hate my choice) . . jus wanted to know from pulsar ppl who own it that is the bike dat reliable enough for say 2-3 years of riding ?? . . i agree it wud need proper servicing on time and maintenance . . actually im a great fan of pulsar (its firing especially) . . wanted to go for 220 jus coz of its silencer bt it was out of my budget with low mileage since my daily travel to office both way is around 35kms . . so i needed a bike to gv me around 45 . . remaining specs i didnt c at all . . but now after reading through the posts a bubble has come up into my mind whether it was a wise decision . . so just need to confirm the exact mileage and also the ride experience . .

sorry for posting in some1 elses thread bt since ive been reading the post i tht of psoting it here . .

And ppl who r mere advicing me on basis of other ppl's experience please think dat its going to b a big decision for me and also cost me my all the savings :ill:

Dont worry, its a good bike, just get it serviced according to bike's manual like any other bike, there are many pulsar haters here, ignore them and enjoy your ride :)

I have no personal hatred against bajaj or intex or lg, but you get what you pay for...and sell it before it makes you repent it thingie..

A better example would be between mac vs pc... it is not the performance or efficiency that makes mac's selling point. similarly different buyers have different requirements and priorities..

General Priorities of a Biker:

Performance

Efficiency

Brand image

Build Quality

After Sales

Looks

Maintenance

Spare Part Costs

I may have missed alot other aspects too but the point is that the level of priority for every aspect can not be the same for everyone...

If you must discuss why one bike is better than the other then try to put across your perspective w.r.t. your priorities; that discussion can have some direction; else it will just be a fanboi VS haters club all over again..

RS4 said:
No need to laugh, he is right, it can be proven if you can arrange these two bikes :)
HOW? The FZs simply has more torque and power and the difference in weight is almost negligible.

Not my words -- the words of every auto magazine sold in India - Pulsar 135 DTS-i | Pulsar 135cc Bike | Pulsar 135 Price | Book Online - MyPulsar.com - I have the magazines as well - i used to subscribe to 2 -3 auto magazines.

@ vheezay - don't know about the expertise of your friend - but i am sure he can't possibly be a greater expert than the people on team-bhp or xbhp. Those people know what they talk when they talk.

If I were you I would keep it all at the good natured fun my friend instead of making personal jibes on other threads. Instead of being such an impertinent and pedantic creep I would rather you ride the bikes for yourself (which I have - all the bikesmentioned here apart from royal enfield).

This thread has been created to help you buy a bike - take our advice or leave it - don't lambast users or anything. You are just one step away from having yourself and this thread reported.

Sunny27 : You need to control, Mods are here to intervene, if you want to report a post, go ahead but whats the point in explaining something in harsh words.. How can you order a person to shut up and leave this thread if his matter is solved?? You shouldnt. I know you well thats why I am telling you that you could have explained it to him in good words rather..

sunny27 said:
Not my words -- the words of every auto magazine sold in India - Pulsar 135 DTS-i | Pulsar 135cc Bike | Pulsar 135 Price | Book Online - MyPulsar.com - I have the magazines as well - i used to subscribe to 2 -3 auto magazines.

@ vheezay - don't know about the expertise of your friend - but i am sure he can't possibly be a greater expert than the people on team-bhp or xbhp. Those people know what they talk when they talk.

If I were you I would keep it all at the good natured fun my friend instead of making personal jibes on other threads. Instead of being such an impertinent and pedantic creep I would rather you ride the bikes for yourself (which I have - all the bikesmentioned here apart from royal enfield).

This thread has been created to help you buy a bike - take our advice or leave it - don't lambast users or anything. You are just one step away from having yourself and this thread reported.
'

Omg, it's in the magazine's ! must be true!

RD274 said:
HOW? The FZs simply has more torque and power and the difference in weight is almost negligible.

Yamaha FZ/Fazer(Power:14PS, Torque:13.6Nm, Weight:135/141kg)

Pulsar 135(Power:13.5PS,Torque:11.4Nm, Weight:122kg)

That is a lot of weight difference and negligible power difference!!

Went upto 120+ Kmph -(I am 6'1" and weigh 75 kgs)- it was absolutely butter smooth -- had to slow down because I am still in the run in period. If you probably are red lining , changing gears at max revs you could exceed 130 kmph (some people in xbhp have done that). This i believe is faster than almost any 150cc bike(unmodified) available in India right now apart from the Yamaha R15.

There's some confusion about the max power generated by the Pulsar 135 - the previous generation model had 13.5 BHP whereas the new one has 13.8 BHP (verified by the service center/show room). Now all you fan boys do the math on the power to weight ratio. I am not droning on the Pulsar without reason (I look at facts rather than following something blindly - if there was an issue with my bike I would never recommend it)

UPDATE - I just got back from a Michellin tyre dealership and I can easily fit the Pulsar 180 rear-tyre into the Pulsar 135 bike for greater grip and stability. So I probably will be replacing the rear 100x90x17 tyres with 120x80x17 tyres this week.

today, i went to get delivery of dazzler and unfortunately there was some problem with fuel tank in the bike which was alloted to me... and another dazzler was available only after a week.... so he gave me option of honda unicorn.... and i took it.... so far it is butter smooth........ i hope made a right decision in the end... :)

Back