Car & Bike Suggestions for a New Bike

@madnav :- daily am doing that only sitting in the office... not much work these days so scouring through the threads at xbhp and other sites....
U mean to say buy the vehicle at panvel and telle them to do thane registration ??? will they do it....
aw, i'll TD all these bikes and then decide OTS which one to buy !!!!!

@arsenal fans :- good lord !!! how did arsenal get past OM ???? that was a freak gaol.....

vheezay said:
@madnav :- daily am doing that only sitting in the office... not much work these days so scouring through the threads at xbhp and other sites....

U mean to say buy the vehicle at panvel and telle them to do thane registration ??? will they do it....

aw, i'll TD all these bikes and then decide OTS which one to buy !!!!!

@arsenal fans :- good lord !!! how did arsenal get past OM ???? that was a freak gaol.....

yes I mean the same.

I bought cbr last saturday from panvel and registration would be done via Navi Mumbai (Vashi) RTO this saturday or monday.

you can get the reg done anywhere you want.

I asked them if I can do the registration on my own, which I would have preferred to get in process this monday itself. But honda follows a protocol and reg has to be done via them only.

Since Vashi is not closer, they would do the needful by the weekend.

What happens exactly as per them:

Honda -- > Panvel RTO --> RTO in region of the Address given --> Smartcard Courier to the Customer.

(Showroom would get a copy of details for their documentation)

The RTO now ships the Registration Smart Card directly to the registered Address, so do not give a fake/non-managed address from panvel to avoid a few thousand bucks guys.

Smart card used to be handled and issued to customers by Showroom previously, but not anymore.

IMO Octroi is applicable if you take bike from panvel and register it for thane, but its less for thane i guess... So more or less you are spending the same.. Better bargain a few thousand bucks from thane dealer itself.. I am kind of sure that we are going to see pics of P135 :bleh:

I Dunno...Some say CB Twister looks like a toy bike... some say they'r getting an insane 103 kmpl on the twister :O..... i'd go to bajaj and honda and yammie's showroom and td the bikes... and then decide....
@chirag :- now u r tempting me to buy the p135.... These arsenal fans !!! :p

Havent you seen CB twister??? If you can see that bike why to listen to others. Decision should depend upon personal feel. If you felt that its a toy, then drop it from the list na... 103kmpl is impossible. Dont believe it

I will never ever tempt you to buy a bajaj bike. It was just my prediction of your future purchase. And I am 90% sure it is going to be so ... Coz I have seen my friends deciding between bikes and when in hurry they end up getting a bajaj pulsar...:facepalm:

vheezay said:
I Dunno...Some say CB Twister looks like a toy bike... some say they'r getting an insane 103 kmpl on the twister :O..... i'd go to bajaj and honda and yammie's showroom and td the bikes... and then decide....

chiragsthakur said:
IMO Octroi is applicable if you take bike from panvel and register it for thane, but its less for thane i guess... So more or less you are spending the same.. Better bargain a few thousand bucks from thane dealer itself.. I am kind of sure that we are going to see pics of P135 :bleh:

OCTROI would surely be applicable.

what Im saying is that the only difference he will end up seeing is the difference there is in the Ex-showroom pricing.

difference is not that huge though :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vheezay said:

maybe he forgot o divide the magic figure by the amount of petrol he put...

The mileage ideally should be close to the company's claims. Too high or too low means something is wrong with the engine.

Removing the saree guard, over inflating the tires, using premium petrol and gradual acceleration can help increase mileage significantly.

chiron said:
over inflating tires is a real bad idea from my meager experience in riding a bike.

Thin Tires + Over Inflation + Rain + Mud + Speed > 30km/hr + slightest bend = 1 week at the hospital + messed up bike + ruined clothes.

I say go for the Honda Unicorn.
Maybe old and a tad dated, but has awesome suspensions and one of the best ride around.
Also is a pretty efficent mill and is for the most part a non hassle bike.

Well even i'm getting a feeling that after TD'ing all the bikes i'd end up buying a pulsar 135 but i dont wanna do so !!! :):)....
70kmpl is what the company claims if ridden under tested conditions...wonder how he got 103kmpl !!!....lolzzz...

Any body has an idea how id the yamaha ss125??? i've been reading reviews and everyone says its very good.. how is the a.s.s of yamaha ????

In terms of sheer performance figures the Yamaha SS 125 can't beat the Pulsar 135. In fact no 150cc bike barring the R15 can beat the Pulsar 135. I get mileage ranging from 55-68 kmpl.

The other thing about buying a bike is the insurance. You get 100% cover for the plastics/fibre body panels if you own a Pulsar. Yamaha gives 50~70%(don't remember). The SS125 has a comfortable seating arrangement but the plastics are of average quality but it is a good commuter bike. Its as costly as the Pulsar 135 but offers higher running costs if you consider service and insurance and parts.

I am in Bangalore now I have seen so many Pulsar 135s whereas in Ahmedabad its a very rare bike (people buy the P150 instead).

Here come the Pulsar maniac !!! lolzzz...

Wish thye launch the impulse soon....enquired abt the impulse yesterday and the lady at the HH enquiry desk says " ye kaunsa model hai ...koi impulse vimpulse launch nahi hone waala hai " .....lolzzzzz

vheezay said:
Well even i'm getting a feeling that after TD'ing all the bikes i'd end up buying a pulsar 135 but i dont wanna do so !!! :):)....

70kmpl is what the company claims if ridden under tested conditions...wonder how he got 103kmpl !!!....lolzzz...

Any body has an idea how id the yamaha ss125??? i've been reading reviews and everyone says its very good.. how is the a.s.s of yamaha ????

100rupee=1.41L petrol

103kmpl /1.41 = 73 !!

he completely forgot to divide by 1.41 is what im guessing :p

@damn

Over inflated tyre = lesser grip

Always keep 2units below specified pressure during summer to avoid over inflation. Shouldn't matter if you are filling N2

Agreed that bajaj has lower service costs and the spares are alos less costly but there is no reliability and the resale value of bajaj bikes is very poor..unlike a honda or a yamaha.....

sunny27 said:
In terms of sheer performance figures the Yamaha SS 125 can't beat the Pulsar 135. In fact no 150cc bike barring the R15 can beat the Pulsar 135. I get mileage ranging from 55-68 kmpl.

The other thing about buying a bike is the insurance. You get 100% cover for the plastics/fibre body panels if you own a Pulsar. Yamaha gives 50~70%(don't remember). The SS125 has a comfortable seating arrangement but the plastics are of average quality but it is a good commuter bike. Its as costly as the Pulsar 135 but offers higher running costs if you consider service and insurance and parts.

I am in Bangalore now I have seen so many Pulsar 135s whereas in Ahmedabad its a very rare bike (people buy the P150 instead).

@sunny

The Insurance policy about plastic parts depends upon the insurer and not the bike manufacturer.

Sharayu Honda @ panvel has opted for icici lombard which insured even plastic on my recent purchase. The premium was 3k

Pratik Honda @ vashi opts for the same insurer, but does not cover plastics... The premium is 2k

Is there any point is having cheaper spare parts IF you do not have to change any frequently.

Only spare I have changed on my HHHunk is a spark plug and pin in the gear lever. spark plug is standard and would cost the same if you are not buying from manufacturer. The pin cost me 10bucks.

I have not changed drums or disk on the brakes or even the battery. total odo reading has been 20k and age has been 43months as of present. Regular servicing every 1500-1800km with certified oil change.

Have switched to FS oil since past 8000k and I replace that every 6000km. bike feels much smoother and responsive.

The 1st gen DTS-i model I rode for 6months used to require oil change at every 1200km.

100km above that and engine would heat and smell within 5mins of ride.

Not sure if the newer models can last longer wrt oil.

Ok..one more thing.... if i buy the twister , will the bike have enuf power to carry 2 ppl??? i mean with a pillion...read somehwre that the bike will not have any power if therez a pillion

vheezay said:
Ok..one more thing.... if i buy the twister , will the bike have enuf power to carry 2 ppl??? i mean with a pillion...read somehwre that the bike will not have any power if therez a pillion

there will be a person from the showroom as a pillion when you TD.

just get a TD of these bikes and then decide.

why not try before you buy when you are allowed to try?!!

Back