Monitors Suggestions for a new monitor

samarth_g

Disciple
Hi,

I'm looking for a widescreen LCD monitor mainly for the purpose of gaming and watching movies.

I was originally considering a 24 inch model but then I found out that my 9600gt will have trouble running games at 1920x1080, and since I cant upgrade that for at least another year, I'm looking for 22 inch monitors with native resolution at around 1680x1050 (I heard that its best to use monitors at native resolution)

Also, I got an HDMI cable with my card, if I get an HD supported monitor what all use can I put it to ? Right now, I normally watch only 700mb movies, so will HD capability make any difference in this or gaming ?

I saw the template for 'What should I buy' , and I'm attaching the relevant questions here -

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 10-13k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration ?
1. CPU - Dual Core 2.8 GHz
2. Motherboard - Intel 946gz
3. GPU - Nvidia 9600gt
4. RAM - 2.5gb
5. Monitor - LG L1515S
6. SMPS - Cooler Master

3. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Delhi
2. Open to online purchase

4. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No

5. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Movies
3. Desktop Processing, Browsing

6. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
A lot of recent and upcoming titles in -
1. Action/Adventure
2. Racing
3. RPG
4. FPS

7. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows XP SP3
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Getting a hd moniter will not make any difference to your 700mb movie rips.As you have a good budget I suggest you to get a 24incher rather than 22incher.You can play games on a 24incher at 1680 resolution too.Benq E2400HD is available for ard 13k.

Hi, thanks for the feedback so far.

Just to confirm, are you sure playing at a lower resolution wont affect the gameplay experience seriously? I've searched through the net a bit and it seems quite an ambiguous issue.. Both these monitors have a resolution of 1920x1080. I think that this is a very important factor..

And, if we're discussing bigger models now, how are the Samsung p2350 and Acer p235h ? Earlier when I was considering 24" models, these were the two I narrowed it down to..

Thanks.

Option 1:
Gather few more funds.
Buy Dell 2209WA.(16K at Techshop.in as of 23/08/09)
Experience the glory of e-IPS panel in Gaming and Movies.

Option 2:
Buy Dell S2409W/ BenQG2412HD / BenQ E2400HD/AOC 2434PW/Samsung P2350 under your budget and enjoy the glory of FullHD. If your proc is not able to handle the 1080p videos, I'm sure your card 9600GT will be able to handle it using NVIDIA CUDA.
But for gaming, you have to either give up the native resolution or high graphic settings!

yeah, i guess I'll give up the native resolution and go for a bigger monitor.. I quite liked the Samsung p2350 but it doesnt have HDMI input.. The Dell, BenQ and Acer models all look good but I'm not sure about how the benq service is in India and I dont need integrated speakers..

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until this weekend before I can buy any monitor, so I'll decide by then..

Thanks for the responses.

Back