Budget 31-40k Suggestions for a PC for Work

KNWR

Recruit
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a PC for office work, and would really appreciate your inputs.
My basic requirements and shortlisted products are outlined below. However, I am open to updating my shopping list based on your valuable feedback.

Thank you!
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • 2x Dell P2417H Monitors
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5-7500
    • RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 @2400MHz (Corsair Vengeance)
    • SSD - 250 GB (Samsung 850 EVO)
    • HDD - 2x2TB (Seagate)
    • DVD RW (Samsung)
    • SMPS - 400-450w (Looking for something that can handle extended periods of operation in an office environment)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (Would prefer an Asus H270 or B250 board)
    • GPU - Onboard Intel HD-630. Unless it is insufficient to drive dual FHD monitors for IDE, Text Editor, Browser, Office Tools, PS etc. Absolutely NO Gaming.
    • Keyboard / Mouse - Microsoft Wireless Desktop Combo
    • Cabinet - Something sturdy in matte black. Should NOT be flashy. Should have enough room to accommodate ~4-5 HDDs down the line.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes. This is the final configuration.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi - Nehru Place - Cost To Cost.
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Software Development
    • Virtualization
    • Storage
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Would prefer to buy an Asus Motherboard as they seem to have better features and QC.
    • Samsung SSDs have great reviews. So, planning to stick with the 850 EVO.
    • I am open to suggestions - Reliability and long term stability are the most important factors.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows - 64Bit
    • Linux / Unix - 64Bit

I'd suggest a cheap rx560-550 for those monitors.
And go Ryzen 5 1400 instead of the locked 7500.
the AM4 platform is more futureproof:)

CPU - Ryzen 3 1200 or Ryzen 5 1400 ~8000 to 12000
Motherboard - Any B350 motherboard or any a320 if you are not going to overclock. ~5 - 10K
RAM - Any DDR4 RAM 2x8GB ~10-15K
PSU - If you are not going to add any graphics card then you can go for Corsair vs 450 for about 3500. However, I dont recommend this PSU for anything, but I guess it should work with your low power setup. Getting a good PSU from Seasonic is much much recommended. 6500, if you go with Seasonic M12ii 520
Graphics card - Onboard is fine for dual monitor setup at full HD if you are not gaming or doing any tasks that require graphics card. Tools you listed should work fine. I dont know what PS is so I wont comment. If you do go for a graphics card, then you can go for GT 1030 or RX 550. 5000 - 8000
Case - Get the cheapest coolermaster or corsair case that you can find. Cheapest wont be flashy and they will house 4 5 HDDs. Also, keep a note of how many SATA ports there are on the motherboard that you finalize - ~4000
HDD - Go with WD blue instead of Seagate. ~5k per 2TB

Rest of the stuff, get as per your needs.

Back