Suggestions for ADSL2+ Modem - MTNL Delhi

Phan7om said:
Need to buy a stable adsl modem as stock sterlite mtnl modem is disconnecting a lot,
Have to use it with RT-N13U

I got my modem changed to Sterlite. It is working wonderfully, No disconnections in last 20 days since it was changed. Earlier I had Beetel and Dlink. Both were hopeless! Had to restart the modem about 2 times a day to keep it running. Guess there may be noise in your line. Or call the MTNL man and get the modem changed to some other brand!

I thought that Sterlite is the best Modem for MTNL lines as also claimed by the linesman.

Phan7om said:
Need to buy a stable adsl modem as stock sterlite mtnl modem is disconnecting a lot,

Have to use it with RT-N13U

Lodge complaint with MTNL & ask them to replace the modem. Visit near by MTNL Office with faulty Modem & all accessories & ask them to replaced it or you wish to avail any other service providers service :)

same problem here, getting disconnected every 30 minutes or 40 minutes (sometimes, even at the intervals of 10 minutes :( ), gets a lot irritating during online gaming sessions

problem started after rainy season, i keep on booking complaints (yeah, have maintained a notepad for the same), and buggers keep on calling when i am not at home (why the eff do they take the contact number if they ain't gonna call on it?) and when i am, the person on the opposite side of the phone tells that it's server problem, nothing they can do about it, recently, got call from lineman stating that "line mein kharabi hain, aaj badlenge aap ki line", i was like, FINALLY!! but then, to my horror, the problem still persists. It's like a shadow, incurable disease, which doesn't want to leave me :-[

what should i do? don't wanna let this ISP cut loose, coz it was awesome prior to this horrible disease.

why MTNL why? Y U TROLL ME? ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

pushy said:
same problem here, getting disconnected every 30 minutes or 40 minutes (sometimes, even at the intervals of 10 minutes :( ), gets a lot irritating during online gaming sessions

problem started after rainy season, i keep on booking complaints (yeah, have maintained a notepad for the same), and buggers keep on calling when i am not at home (why the eff do they take the contact number if they ain't gonna call on it?) and when i am, the person on the opposite side of the phone tells that it's server problem, nothing they can do about it, recently, got call from lineman stating that "line mein kharabi hain, aaj badlenge aap ki line", i was like, FINALLY!! but then, to my horror, the problem still persists. It's like a shadow, incurable disease, which doesn't want to leave me :-[

what should i do? don't wanna let this ISP cut loose, coz it was awesome prior to this horrible disease.

why MTNL why? Y U TROLL ME? ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

try procuring your area manager number from the cc guy and keep calling him.. worked in my case

though changed modem still playing balls with me.:mad: , will be getting own modem from nehru place

i have friend who has got MTNL connection too (stays near court naka, thane), even he had this frequent dc problem, but it got solved, he didn't do anything. should i bring his modem over here (which is same as mine aKa sterlite) to see if the frequent dc stops?

pushy said:
i have friend who has got MTNL connection too (stays near court naka, thane), even he had this frequent dc problem, but it got solved, he didn't do anything. should i bring his modem over here (which is same as mine aKa sterlite) to see if the frequent dc stops?

that will surely help in narrowing down the problem

Frequent disconnection is most probably a line problem. Call CC and register complaint. Lodge a complaint on 198 - Delhi has an option for BB complaints on it. Email the ED... I have had the same problem once or twice ever since I got an MTNL BB connection in Jan 2005. The line has been rectified and the router changed twice. All fine now.

Back