Suggestions for an affordable GPRS plan for samsung galaxy s - Mumbai Location

sunny082

Disciple
Hey guys:)

Please suggest me an affordable GPRS plan for my samsung galaxy s. I have vodafone now Rs.250 rental which includes only 100 MB free. I feel its a bit expensive than the other service providers like airtel or so. Any advice on which plan/service provider to go for wud be helpful..im all confused..:S

Tata docomo is your best bet.
Got an sms recently stating that 48 rs pack now only gives 1gb which was 2gb earlier.
So check beforehand.
Else if aircel was which was providing 98rs unlimited gprs pack.
Some say they have put FUP to 2gb. Also there is loop mobile with 69 rs unlimited pack.
Others i am not so sure about.
If you want 3g then you can opt for mtnl or wait till Airtel and vodafone launches their services.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

SoulFire said:
if your with vodafone your stuck. http://www.vodafone.in/internet/pages/vodafonemobileconnect_mum.aspx?cid=mum
are the usual rates, ive heard a few friends call the CC and haggle that competitors offer better so they give these cribbers 2gb for 99 Rs. You could try your luck like so.
Users from the outskirts of mumbai like vasai etc fall in maharashtra and goa circle.they get 6gb data with the 98rs pack on vodafone. That is if you are only concerned with it for better signal strength and other offers.

Thanks for the replies guys.. :)

Tata Docomo is providing 6gb limit @ 98 rupees..but how is the connection speed? Airtel gives 2gb limit @ 98 rs...heard that the connection is pretty good. Im also gonna call VF n try to get the rates reduced..will try my luck.;)

ggt said:
Tata docomo is your best bet.

Got an sms recently stating that 48 rs pack now only gives 1gb which was 2gb earlier.

So check beforehand.

Else if aircel was which was providing 98rs unlimited gprs pack.

Some say they have put FUP to 2gb. Also there is loop mobile with 69 rs unlimited pack.

Others i am not so sure about.

If you want 3g then you can opt for mtnl or wait till Airtel and vodafone launches their services.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Users from the outskirts of mumbai like vasai etc fall in maharashtra and goa circle.they get 6gb data with the 98rs pack on vodafone. That is if you are only concerned with it for better signal strength and other offers.

no i don't think there is loop mobile Rs 69 plan

Yes there is
Subscribe to dus ka gang next gen pack.
Here you get night internet free 2gb per month.
To extend it for day time and make it unlimited you have to get an addon 69rs pack.

VF has recently came up with new dtaa plans for Delhi & NCR. they are yet not updated on website but can be availed by calling CC. Plans are 198 for 2 GB, 249 for 3 GB etc

err

that loop mobile plan for gprs is useless for android users.

your best bet is DoCoMo and then Idea.

Idea has better coverage but they charge you like grazy even if you dont cross the FUP.

DoCoMo has connectivity issues in mumbai, so check connectivity in your area before buying it.

ggt said:
Yes there is

Subscribe to dus ka gang next gen pack.

Here you get night internet free 2gb per month.

To extend it for day time and make it unlimited you have to get an addon 69rs pack.

But I think it is mobile internet and not gprs

@vb86: But still its too expensive bro, am using Aircel without any issues till now there is no FUP..... 98 Unlimited, just two days back checked with the local provider... Am in Bangalore, check in ur area too bro....

techno_guy said:
But I think it is mobile internet and not gprs
Not sure.
Never used an android.
Used a java and symbian phone so mobile internet or wap plans both were manageable by providing them appropriate access points.
As for loop internet packs have used them only when they were available free.
Since then migrated to reliance and mtnl 3g for better speed and reliability.

Vibu said:
@vb86: But still its too expensive bro, am using Aircel without any issues till now there is no FUP..... 98 Unlimited, just two days back checked with the local provider... Am in Bangalore, check in ur area too bro....

@Vibu : Dude how is the connectivity for aircel?

Yup very nice, down speed is constant 29kbps sometimes goes up till 32 -36 kbps bro :) am using Samsung Wave :p

Thats pretty cool...I hope its the same in Mumbai as well. Samsung Wave is a good phone..I wanted to buy that but could not get it anywhere even after days of searching...Out of stock was the reply everywhere..called samsung cc and was told that is has been discontinued...so eventually bought the galaxy s :)

Back