Suggestions for Formal Shoes !!

Bata and Lakhani never wear out. Ever.

I have a pair that have lasted me over 4 years. I also have a pair of timberlands which cost me 15x the price of a lakhani and the toe is now wearing off for some unknown reason...

never ever did I go for the brands when I looked for formal shoes especially with the 1.5k - 2k budget I usually have.Just visit Bridages road and try different ones.

Just keep the budget, style and comfort in mind.Floreishim, Maro leone are good brands.

If you are not sure, avoid buying them online.Go try them for yourself.

Bata Wind--been using them since last 15 months for office use. Comfy and inner lining is perfect, Bought them for 1.6k. Highly recommended.

Guys need to buy a main pair and one cheaper backup pair this weekend. Please suggest something. Brand, shop etc (no online please)

I am located in Borivali (west), Mumbai.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is bata a good option ?

I have a big bata showroom near my home, any particular sub brand of bata to look for to ? Like connect above suggested wind, anything else ?

Do not buy Bata shoes that retail for Rs. 700/800, as the quality is not good. I have used them, and they did not last long.

Currently using Red Tape. Very very comfortable. Before that I used a Hush Puppies that lasted for 5 long years

Red Tape shoes we get only in specific malls or something or i will get anywhere ? Sorry but i have never given much attention when bought shoes :ashamed:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bought a Franco Leone pair for 1795 rupees from shopper stop, Andheri :)

^^ As per above post i had got the Franco Leone shoes just couple of months back but i am not at all satisfied with it. From the side i found the base of the shoe getting loose and i had to apply feviquick to stick it together. Today i noticed that at the bottom a part of bottom sole (or whatever it is) has given way.

What can i do ?

Do these shoes comes with any warranty ? I guess six months right ?

Should i go back to shoppers stop with my bill and ask for a replacement ? I am sure repair would be something i wont like.

Suggest some other good brands that i can go for ?

In 1.5-3k

Hush Puppies
Lee Cooper
Red Tape

Around 3-5k
Aldo
CAT or something like that

Above 5k
Rockport
Perhaps Aldo too
Tommy Hilfiger

Red tapes are really nice man.
CAT - i really havent seen any formal shoes there they are more like casuals. (I could be wrong, though havent seen any - If u know where u get formals let me know willcheck them out)
I would suggest Red tapes - they are awesome. If u dont mind the budget walk into any metro or lords and ask if they will make a pair specially for u. (Dont know how much they charge for that but they are pretty comfy).

raksrules said:
... i had to apply feviquick to stick it together. Today i noticed that at the bottom a part of bottom sole (or whatever it is) has given way.
Never use fevikwick but FEVIBOND for shoes, this glue is super strong & flexible even after dry so stick well & also offer flexibility if applying for shoes.

Emperor said:
Never use fevikwick but FEVIBOND for shoes, this glue is super strong & flexible even after dry so stick well & also offer flexibility if applying for shoes.
Oh thanks for the tip. I never knew about fevibond. Is it readily available in medical stores ??

I need to call up shoppers stop guys and tell them how to take this forward.

raksrules said:
Oh thanks for the tip. I never knew about fevibond. Is it readily available in medical stores ??

I need to call up shoppers stop guys and tell them how to take this forward.
Fevidbond in Metal Tube (from makers of fevicol, fevikwick etc.) Rs.5/- (10-15gms) @ at any stationery or hardware stores. Just be sure to clean both surface, apply thin layer on both surface wait for 10 minutes & stick both parts leave over night keeping enough weight over shoe.

Back